It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Able To Sleep With Your Bedroom Closet Open?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967

It's funny how those clothes come to life as if filled with a body after the lights go out.

Just imagine what my college roomate thought after I played this joke on him. I strung a rope across the middle of our dorm room. I took two or 3 hangers and hung some pants and then a shirt from the rope as if there was someone standing in the middle of the room. Then I took a glow in the dark skull and put that where the head belongs. I just can't remember what my roomate said when he saw that.

My roomate wasn't at all concerned about the closet door.

I just can't imagine any ghosts or spirits hiding in my closet. If they are in my house, I imagine they are near me instead of hiding in the closet.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by orionthehunter]

[edit on 14-5-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This is a pretty cool topic. It made me laugh, because I have my attention on that person or ghost in my closet. I like to have things around me when I sleep, like my "bedstand." I don't like sleeping in large rooms, too much space. Those killers or ghosts can come from anywhere.

It used to be a big deal to cover most of my body, didn't like my head to be all that visible. It's like a comedian I heard once, he was talking about the "protection" of the cover.

How much protection is the cover really from Freddy Crueger? A sheet just isn't enough to feel safe. You've got to have a nice blanket. And I don't like to have my back to the the entrance of the door.

Troy

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hahah yea!! I remember when I was 8 years old, staying at my cousins house in califorina, and man were they religious kids. But anyways, they cause me to be scared of the closet, and the dark, and accelerated my already interest in the paranormal.

No, they didnt scare me with the boggieman or bloodymary. It was SATIN, damn those christian kid for scaring the heck out of me. Talking about the mark of the devil, and how that glowing in the dark cresant moon was the horn of the devil, and if you get it on you, ur part of his minions.

Alot for a little kid, I was amaze that they knew so much about him. I remember they took me to a christian convention, boy did they talk about the end of the world, and all the other crap, which fueled my fears...

Anyways fast forward 4 years of sleeping in the dark was gone. Fast fowarding 6 years my fear of everything in the dark was gone. and Fast forwarding 8 years my fear of basically most thing was gone, well I havent been scared of anything, its like my sense of fear just melted away, i mean i do get "CONCERN" but I dont fear much...nothing for the moment.

But I think I over came my fear with basically knowledge I got from researching about the paranormal, and all of this other craziness...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I defnitely always have to close the closet door. And I always gotta have something covering my back when I lay on the side facing the wall. I just feel so exposed with my back open, that I just gotta place another pillow behind my head.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I tend to be ok with sleeping with the closet door open. I think I've alwaye beenlike that. As a youg child I was more scared of axe wielding burglars climbing in through my window and killing me. How stupid that was, when my room faced the back garden and was on the 1st floor. I then moved on to being scared of alien abduction, with the motion sensor light in a neighbour's garden leading to much worry. And after watching the first Jurassic Park film I thought i saw dinosaurs in my room
But I've never really had problems with closets

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
While I could sleep with the closet door open, I did have strange dreams about the front door to my childhood home.

The house was built in the early 1900's and the front door must have been original.....it was ornately carved, with stained glass and creaked heavily. And to make matters worse, the latch would work when ever it felt like it.....often swinging open just after it was closed. I had reoccuring dreams that there was a monster coming through it at night, and in these dreams, often 'found' myself in the front hallway staring at the door with a heavy sense of dread.

I once had a vivid dream of finding a mahogany coffin standing in the front hallway....I touched it, feeling the cold polished wood beneath my hand, so real that I was jolted wide awake and had to venture out of my room to see if it was really there before I could go back to sleep!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have the same problem. I have to shut the door so the boogie man doesn't get me !

Well not exactly. I think it's more like an obsessive compulsive thing. It just has to be in the proper place and the proper way. To have a closet in the closed fashion is just the correct way to have it in my life.

If I didn't, I would have a very restless night.

Well- I just noticed that my closet door is open so I have to sign off now.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
dude, my closet doesnt even have doors, hahahha.

so i sleep with it OPEN all the time. hehe.

its nothing really, i mean what can come out of it that GOD cant handle?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Depends on the day
. Sometimes I have to leave it open, sometimes I don't. Sometimes with the light on, sometimes not (My closet has a light). I think this just relates back to the dark thing, and how people are naturally afraid of the unknown. My fear of the dark varies. Sometimes I don't care at all, and other nights I'll need some kind of noise or a light or something. But yeah, fear of the unknown not ghosts. I was listening to George Norrie (sp?) on the way home from my friend's house in the car, and there was this guest talking about how he has really bad nightmares and OBE's, but ONLY if he's sleeping in the dark. He said "For some reason, the light makes them go away". He was talking as if they were spirits or something, and the light literally drove them off. I, of course, found this ridiculous. Fear of the unkown

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Closet door open is not a problem I think it has been closed maybe 5 times in 20 years
But beds that are open under them -- HATE that. I guess it is from having built in beds when I was growing up and having a bed built with drawers under it now. I've actually thought about just taking the doors off the closet -- I think the room would look bigger rather than having them open and taking up room

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I sure can't.

I never could before this, but when I saw this movie when I was pretty young, I made sure it was always closed. I think it was like, Look Who's Talking or something, maybe not, but the closet was open and the kid's dolls (like a Spiderman and koala) turned evil, the koala sprouted claws... Scary stuff.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I tried since i started this thread and cant! I'm not ashamed to admit that a full grown woman doesnt sleep with the creepy closet door open

I dont look under the bed, though. I only look when i go inside the house by my lonesome
Like what good is that going to do me? Whoever might be under the bed will surely have a knife, jump out and kill me long before i can make it downstairs. Oh well-
I also check out the bathtubs too.LOL

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My three-year-old son has two windows in his room, and one window is to his left, while the other is in the same wall the head of his toddler bed is against.

At night, before he goes to sleep, if the shade on the one window is open, he'll point to it--he wants it closed! (He doesn't talk yet--but he's smart and manages to communicate.) He can't stand having that shade open at night for some reason.

So I close it. No skin off my teeth. If that's the way he likes it, oh well.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What do you think?Well, it doesn't bother me now, except I close the closet door by force of habit. But in 1973 it was open. On going to bed and at turning the light out, I saw my mother standing in the closet. I thought it was just a figment of the old imagination, as my mother was alive. I got a call a coupe hours later. She had tried killing herself! My family and I flew to see her and she was at the brink of death. I was able to have private time to pray for her. In God's good grace she was brought back to live to 1998, 89yrs! I was very sensitive about the closet door for some time. But I don't know, maybe I should always keep it open. What do you think?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I actually prefer to sleep with my bedroom closets open. That way i can see what is inside of them, instead of my mind imagining what could be behind the doors, although it doesnt really matter either way. I can sleep just as easily with the doors open or closed.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
in a word

yes

in fact I can't remember when it was closed.

and it was never an issue, for me.

this sounds like a family/friend generated phobia. eh ?

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by croatianguy
I defnitely always have to close the closet door. And I always gotta have something covering my back when I lay on the side facing the wall. I just feel so exposed with my back open, that I just gotta place another pillow behind my head.
Me too..I have to have my back covered if I'm facing the wall..just in case...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum
Buncha people afraid of their own clothes.

Its not like that fabulous pantsuit you bought last year on sale is going to come to life and take outs its aggression on you.

Well, you can laugh if you want to Skibum but when I was an adolesent I frequently had nightmares that my shirts and jackets hanging in my closet had come to life and were trying to grab and choke me
and I once had a terrible dream that skeletons were marching out of my closet, past the end of my bed and then through the opposite wall
...after that I never went to bed without closing my closet door and leaving a nightlight on.

But now, I don't have a problem with it; in fact I will force myself to go to bed in total darkness with the closet door open just so I can look at myself in the mirror.

Seeker

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
have u ever been abducted ?

I just heard a comment by an abductee , who said "they'd" come thru the closet. to get them

that's a first for me [ hearing about that ] and thought it just may be related somehow

eh ?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Door closed, what do you think i'm crazy!?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join