It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Able To Sleep With Your Bedroom Closet Open?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I never really thought about this. I was always able to sleep in the dark with the closet doors open or closed.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The only reason I remember that I used to close a closet door as a kid was because my parents kept telling me to close it because it was unheated and all the cold air would come in with a window in the closet. Now for some reason, I never close my bedroom closet door. There's no window in it but there is an extra air vent which helps to cool my bedroom. I suppose a lot of people must be afraid of skeletons in their closet.

I usually left the closet door open when I wanted a cooler room. About the only thing I remember getting frightened by at night as a kid was when a rat sized critter jumped on and off my chest during the middle of the night. I was wondering what that was and then turned on the light and found a pesky squirrel. Our whole family was up during the middle of the night trying to catch that flying squirrel. We chased it throughout the whole house until I suggested someone open the front door and it eventually made an escape.

Since this is supposedly paranormal related I'll add this note. Other kids at school starting talking about our house might be hunted because they started saying an old lady used to have some squirrels in the house. I didn't believe that story though.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The closet stays closed for me

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Closed for me and I too HAVE to have *something* covering me, sheet, towel, edge of a pillow *something* I've also seen those *shadow men* when I was a teen, but haven't for years(I know they're there tho)

In fact I'll see your closet door and raise you 3.
1)I'm 40 and the last 20 years the 2 bedrooms I've lived in don't HAVE closets.
2)I can't sleep at night, only during daylight hours(no I'm not a vampire my clock is backwards and I'm *that* bugged by *night monsters*)
3)I HAVE to have at LEAST one dog sleeping in my room or forget it, no sleep for me.

Windows don't bug me, pitch black outside doesn't bug me, but under the bed and closets-forget it I'm freaked out.
When I was about 25 I was staying at a friends house in her guest room and at around 3am(hrmm weird same time as that other poster)the closet door OPENED and I saw red eyes. Too many of us feel and have seen the same things for *nothing* to be happening or hiding and waiting for us

Lil

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   

I never really thought about this. I was always able to sleep in the dark with the closet doors open or closed.

Yep same here, never had a problem with it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This post makes you wonder if your like me...hey why the hell do I sleep with my closet door closed? So after alot of thought this is what I came up with...
Most children "feel" eyes on them when its dark, they tend to let their imagination run wild. It's funny how those clothes come to life as if filled with a body after the lights go out. Youngsters see things live, like a scary movie.
When I was about five years old I would jump into bed from a distance because the mosters were not allowed to come but so far. In my mind they could not reach up on the bed and get me, and if I jumped then I did'nt get close enough for them to grab me.
It's all really very funny to adults but can scar a child for life. This is proven here in this thread. Everyone has a story. And most are simular in the fact that each of us just knew something was after us. And whatever it was liked to eat children because they were tender, unlike the tough skinned adults. Soft and juicy like Raising Cain's Chicken...lol
For some reason most of us cannot let go of those childhood memories. For whatever it's worth, ima sleep with the closet door locked with a slide lock and my trusty dog in the bed beside me

Maybe we will get the answers to these questions with age, seeings how they all say with age comes wisdom. I'm still skinny, and plan on staying that way. I always thought fat kids had it worse because they were like a combo meal for those seriously hunger monsters. Or maybe a dinner for two

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is an odd thread, but none the less it has appeal for me. When I lived at home I had an in room closet that I had to close at night in order to sleep. But the last 4 years I havent had this problem cause I know have standing wardrobes and I dont think of them as the same type of closet. I know when I was younger I had a really bad fear of the "boo men" or the "shadow men" that your waking eyes see in the dark. But I've pretty muchly grown out of it, although I cant sleep if my blanket is hanging on the floor. It has to be tucked under my feet. lol

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
After many years of being absoultly petrified that the Boogy man lived in the closet as a young boy, I had always since left the closet closed. It was stressed upon me that he would come out if I did not go to sleep. I guess it was also during this time that I had a great fear of letting my arms or legs dangle over the side of the bed out of the fear that the monster under the bed would rip whatever was dangling off. I told my sons that the Boogy man did stop by every now and then to make sure that they were being good little boys. I got a laugh out of it many times until they found out that it did not exist. It must have worked because I really did not have much trouble raising them beause the Boogy man was always watching them.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
don't see why you can't sleep with the door open. my doors are busted years ago and replaced it with a curtain. but it's open 24/7. i only lclose it when there is company coming and i have to hide my junk

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I admit to checking the closet occasionally but not for ghosts or demons. Mostly to check no one has snuck in there to murder me in my sleep. Then why anyone would want to do that i don't know, guess im just a bit paranoid.

But no it doesn't bother me if its open. not these days, it used to when i was younger i would imagine something very supernaturally nasty in there peaking at me waiting until i fell a sleep to creep out and take my life in some gruesome manner.

Hang on a second its the same thing isn't it almost, just that the threat has changed, and im not worried about the supernatural part anymore. mmmmm strange, one to contemplate me thinks.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Man, I never really never thought this post would ever last!! There's still people postin here

[edit on 13-5-2005 by Striker122]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
My closet door was broken for several years, so it doesn't bother me to sleep with the closet door open, but I don't like to sleep in the dark. I like lots of light when I sleep. I don't like to hear a noise and wake up, and be in the dark!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't think I've ever slept it with closed. Way too messy and NOT paranoid for that...

[edit on 5/13/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

I do have to laugh though, because my husband always closes the closet door hehe and he teases me about my night light. hehe

And just incase you are wondering...yes I still look in the toilet before I sit down. Never know if/when the potty monster will be there. (especially in porta potties...I hear that porta potty monster is nasty)
Oh you're too much like me!!!
I leave a very bright bathroom light on all night- and i also always look in the toilet just in case one of them snakes from the desert gets any ideas.

I had a doll also and i used to open one eye and be preocupied with it so much i threw it away...

Who needs it? My husband thinks im mental

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

And just incase you are wondering...yes I still look in the toilet before I sit down. Never know if/when the potty monster will be there. (especially in porta potties...I hear that porta potty monster is nasty)

Are you talkin about this movie,I remember the movie since when I was a little kid. Now when this movie comes on its very funny!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Pfft.
We have a fairly small closet with two folding doors, and the doors are open all the time. My husband and I have a lot of junk, so we can't close the doors right now--have to sort through the junk. Oh, and I can lie in bed and look right into our closet!

That's never bothered me. I haven't seen a closet monster yet...maybe they don't like us!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
I have to keep it closed all the time...

...or all the illegal firearms would spill out onto the bedroom floor...

...opps...forget I said anything...

Two words: Second Amendment.

Provided you're in America!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kate24
i couldnt for the longest time. i had to have my bed not facing my closet when i was a little kid (i had mirrored doors) because my cousins scared me to death about that bloody mary mirror thing. in fact i still dont like to even though i dont believe in that story anymore.

I wonder if anyone here has ever done that Bloody Mary thing, you know where you face a mirror when it's pitch black and chant the name or something.

I sure wouldn't do it. There is a such thing as demons, and who knows what'll come flying at you! I'm leaving that alone--just wondering if anyone here was crazy enough to do it!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
My wife absolutely has to have the closet doors in our bedroom shut at night.. I always forget to close my *all* the way and end up getting up when she notices it! I dont think it scares her really.. It just bothers her knowing its open, since she can look right into my side that is left open.

Wierd...

Me personally, i cant have any body part hanging off the bed... i just get the feeling a monster is waiting to grab it!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I used to have a lot of sleeping quirks... I would need absolute darkness, some quiet steady noise (like a fan or air purifier), to fall asleep under the covers with them pulled tightly over me, and yes, my closet door closed.

Now within the past two years I've grown out of all that, except for the absolute darkness mostly.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join