It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Able To Sleep With Your Bedroom Closet Open?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My closet is near the foot of my bed. That is, while I lie in my bed, I can always see it clearly. It must have been open for about a year straight now. Not a problem... I think leaving it open actually makes my room feel bigger.
-S

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake
……..this is where the Closet Ghost lives and if you leave the door open at night they sneak out and suck your brains out!!!!!!

Sounds more like a zombie than a ghost...hehe go watch Shaun of the Dead.

On the subject, I cant sleep with them open either...i get weird chills

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I sleep sometimes with my closet open, i dry wet clothes on the doors and on the shelves inside, but either then that i always keep it closed because it`s just inconvenient to have it open, my flat is to small.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I used to have absolutely no problem with sleeping with the closet doors open, but then, a few years ago, I watch Monsters, Inc. with John Goodman.

Life hasn't been the same...

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You stopped sleeping with your closet because of a cartoon...thats like quitting playing paintball because it stains your clothes.

Im just kidding...I used to think there were fish living in my toilet pipes when i was younger so I have no room to talk lol.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Heh me no ive had one to many dreams of normal people probally dead wandering from the closet and trying to drag me inside it for me to keep it up same thing with the basement cant stand it had one to many dreams of people trying to take me there and do a way with me hehe. The oddest thing about these dreams were they were just kids mostly but they terrified me for some strange reason.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
1st off im going to say this since i cant find out how to privet message people yet ^.^
DragonsDemesne.....Under your name states "Last of the Dragon race"
ill tell you this now your not the last nor are you by far the only one of the dragon race...Im also a dragon but i prefur to test others that say they are dragons in combat..

as for if i close or open the closet door well nether bother me nothing bothers me at all expecialy in the dark (not normaly awake during prime day hours).

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The monsters in the closet didn't really bother me so much as the monsters under the bed. When I was little, I was one of those kids that turned off the light fromt he switch near the door, then ran and jumped onto the bed so that nothing would grab me and pull me under.

Laugh it up, I know I wasn't the only one.

Neither bother me anymore.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CloudlessKnight
The monsters in the closet didn't really bother me so much as the monsters under the bed. When I was little, I was one of those kids that turned off the light fromt he switch near the door, then ran and jumped onto the bed so that nothing would grab me and pull me under.

Laugh it up, I know I wasn't the only one.

Neither bother me anymore.

Yep, thats me.
Well, anyway, i am nurotic about doors. I can't sleep without all the doors closed. I often stroll the house closing doors. Besides, my closet is the only into my room that isn't blessed. Maybe i should get on that issue... nah!
If monsters were real anyway, i would wish to fight them in the darkness as it makes me stronger. I can see very well in the dark.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yes, I can sleep with the closet doors open....when my head hits the pillow, i'm out like the light.

I think I would be more worried about something under the bed instead of something in the closet....I guess thats why I keep the space under my bed packed with stuff.....lol.

I haven't quite understood why people are so scared of their closets!!!....oh yeah, thats where the skeleton is kept!!! lol

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The only reason I now close the closet door is that I had to put some mothballs in there

And I don't like the smell.

Before that, I didn't care much.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i HAVE to have my closet and washroom doors shut, and even the door to my room has to be shut or else i cant sleep.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I do keep my closet closed. I always see ghosts in my room and evan though Ive seen them go through walls and objects it still comforts me for some reason.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't have a problem with it, but my girlfriend might. The smell coming from all my shoes would certainly kill the intimacy. You need a HAZMAT suit to survive once my closet door is opened.

Peace

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I grew up in a hundred year old house, and due to a bit of foundation settling, my closet door would not quite close.

So rather than leave an inch or so of a gap ( that would appear to widen after the light got dim), I slept with it wide open, so I could see whatever was in there, before it saw me....worked out pretty well, I'm still here.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I used to be scared of the closet being open. I could feel something in there looking out. As a kid the feeling would get so strong I would have to keep it closed. As I got older I could override the feeling and not care (didn't mean I wasn't feeling it though).

When I became I teenager my psychic abilities started to turn on. One of the effects was seeing beings. I remember waking up one night at hearing someone outside my bedroom door, messing around with the washing machine. The next day I got up and ask my mom if she was washing cloths at 3:00am (of course she wasn't).

The next night I woke-up in the middle of the night and sat fully up in bed. The door to the other room was open and I could hear someone walking around and shuffling papers. It was really scary and I yelled out asking, "Who is out there". I heard the person grab and crinkle up a piece of paper which I then saw flying into my room and hitting my leg. I screamed bloody murder and then passed out (I though it was weird that I passed out after screaming, not waking till the next morning). When I got up the next morning, the first thing I saw was the paper on my bedroom floor. The sight of that paper scared the sh*t out of me.

The next night I again woke-up at 3:00am (it was the same time each night) and sat up. My room was filled with bright white light and I heard someone moving around in my bedroom closet. All of a sudden a black figure walked right through the closet door (the doors were closed - obviously that didn't help
). It looked like a three-dimensional shadow. Like the shadow of a humpbacked man. I couldn't see facial features or eyes. It walked around my room, looking through my draws and shelves. When it finished it stopped and then slowly turned its head to look at me. It was freaking scary and very creepy. I couldn’t see its eyes, but I could feel it looking at me. It slowly walked across the room toward me until its face was about a foot from mine. I passed out again.

That stopped after the third night, but I did see "shadow man” a few more times before I got control over my abilities. I'm sure it was an alien; I had a few experiences with them in my early psychic years.

10 years later I'm a well developed psychic, so seeing beings is common and no big deal. I still see beings in my closets and under my beds. They're very real. When one feels like they are being watched, they are. There are tons of spirits that are observing humans and although most beings know we can't see them from our dimensional perspective, they still tend to hide behind doors and stuff while they are peeking at us.

Monsters in the closet and under the bed are psychic phenomena.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well, I sleep in the basement...no closet...
But back when I was in a room with a closet, I could sleep with it open.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well, when my husband is not home when I go to bed, I dont mind leaving the door open at all. My night light is bright enough that I can always see inside. I too have to have covers on at all times, and they have to be tucked in at the foot of the bed. Bedroom door is usualy open with the hall light on......you know just incase the kids wake up.

I do have to laugh though, because my husband always closes the closet door hehe and he teases me about my night light. hehe

And just incase you are wondering...yes I still look in the toilet before I sit down. Never know if/when the potty monster will be there. (especially in porta potties...I hear that porta potty monster is nasty)

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hey, keep checking that toilet before sitting......I once found a HUGE rat just quietly sitting there under the lid. Hate to think what he would have done if I'd just flipped that lid up and plopped down without looking first.
Ghosts, smhosts....rats bite!!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
i couldnt for the longest time. i had to have my bed not facing my closet when i was a little kid (i had mirrored doors) because my cousins scared me to death about that bloody mary mirror thing. in fact i still dont like to even though i dont believe in that story anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join