It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea to test Nuke tommorrow?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
If I heard the TV correctly (watching fox). They just said Kim Jong Ill has announced that he will be testing his nuke's tommorrow. Im trying to get more info on this as we speak but if he does im certain the world will be ready to kick ass!

P.S. I honestly hope I heard wrong. I dunno if I heard it right. So show mercy if im wrong. BLAhhhhhh!

[edit on 5/6/2005 by AndrewTB]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:10 AM
link   
What time today is this suppose to happen?

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
What time today is this suppose to happen?

I dunno. Hell I may be wrong. Im more worried then anything else. I hope somone can clear this up.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I hope to witness such a historic moment on tv!!! Very interesting to see what america will do next

[edit on 6-5-2005 by drfunk]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think one of our intercontinental ballistic missiles tipped with multiple independently targetable reentry vehicles containing thermonuclear warheads will need to be "tested" over North Korea all of a sudden...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
North Korea. Think that's enough of him and time the free and happy world consider doing something about Him.
We have all worked hard to be happy and try ensure our siblings will do well..yet this guy, terrorism and natural disasters still come our way.

Bushky might well do something about NK and while doing so may as well send some attention to Iran too. In order to stop or send a message to countries in lose control of nuc weapons or people who would rather die while killing innocent people deliberately.

Dallas

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Lets assume for a moment that Kim Jong Ill regime will test a nuke in the next 24hrs. Nuclear testing would probaly done at sea to avoid the destruction of North Korea.
Any Nuclear testing at sea would wipe out fish stocks and given the food shortages in North Korea I conclude that nuclear testing wont take place.

I think if North Korea tests nukes the location would either be Japan or South Korea.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
oh man, doesn't this guy realise the usa has more nukes than they know what to do with? a few nukes ain't enough to make the USA bend it's stance towards them imo. I would really hate to see either country, no ANY country to get hit with a nuclear weapon. So many innocents will perish it great flash of light followed by radioactive death!

imo, he should learn how to better feed his people, I would think they'd appreciate that much much more. Improve their quality of life, not force them into a conflict. I doubt north korea has anything the USA would want so if we did enter a war with them, I think our president would simply just introduce them to oblivion.

I really hope this does not spark some sort of nuclear war.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

imo, he should learn how to better feed his people, I would think they'd appreciate that much much more. Improve their quality of life, not force them into a conflict.

Nk isnt going to test nukes aside from the fact they would ruin there own backyard it would invite american military action. With the present situation the regime can shoot its mouth off in an effort to blackmail the world again.

Peoples quality of life wont improve until the regime falls NK failed to adopted to the free market in the 90s and is paying the price. As soon as people quality of life improves from outside influences they will realize there is a better world outside of NK something the regime cant allow.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by xpert11]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
xpert11, your theory assumes that Kim Jong-Il is a logical person. Obviously he isn't and I wouldn't put anything past him.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I totally agree he is 100% bananas!

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I agree Kim Jong Ill isnt a stable person.
However unless Kim Jong Ill has a place where he can spend the rest of his life protected from nuclear fall out any nuke testing would be suicidal in the long term.
Nuke testing would poison Kim Jong Ill own food and water supply so I conclude that Kim would avoid nuke testing for purly selfish reasons.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Well all I could find was this.

www.chron.com...

Bush administration officials Thursday cautioned that Kim Jong Il could be putting on a show for American spy satellites.

They said North Korea's leader might be trying to put pressure on President Bush to offer more economic and diplomatic incentives in exchange for curtailing its nuclear activities.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This is so far the only link I have found on the possible test. This is something to be concerned about, thats for sure.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
im not sure if N.Korea will be testing a nuke today,
they are probably saying to continue the mind games which are currently being played against the United States at the moment. If N.Korea test a nuke, looks like we might have another war to attend to.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
If imperalist america attacks the peaceful nation of N Korea just because it is testing a device to protect itself from american aggression, the world will retaliate against such an act of terror. The american pigs will be roasted.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Not sure how or if this has happened yet, but i did find this item.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This is scary stuff

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
if this happens i'll find it interesting how the main news media largely ignores such interesting evidence leading upto such a historic event.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Not sure how or if this has happened yet, but i did find this item.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

This is scary stuff

From the article:

The satellite photos also revealed the construction of a reviewing stand, presumably for dignitaries.

With any luck, the Nuke will go off early and kill the entire North Korean government and we won't have to do anything but sit back and laugh...

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
"Test Preparations
On 12 September 2004 The New York Times reported on a "series of actions by North Korea that some experts believe could indicate the country is preparing to conduct its first test explosion of a nuclear weapon ... Some analysts in agencies that were the most cautious about the Iraq findings have cautioned that they do not believe the activity detected in North Korea in the past three weeks is necessarily the harbinger of a test. ... One official with access to the intelligence called it "a series of indicators of increased activity that we believe would be associated with a test," saying that the "likelihood" of a North Korean test had risen significantly in just the past four weeks. The activities included the movement of materials around several suspected test sites, including one near a location where intelligence agencies reported last year that conventional explosives were being tested that could compress a plutonium core and set off a nuclear explosion. But officials have not seen the classic indicators of preparations at a test site, in which cables are laid to measure an explosion in a deep test pit."

North Korea could conduct a nuclear weapons test without advance preparations beind detected by American intelligence.

According to an analysis by Satoshi Morimoto of Takushoku University, " ... carrying out nuclear tests inside North Korea would be an extremely sticky action. That is because this kind of nuclear testing could only be carried out underground. There is absolutely no way they could do in the air or above ground. Even with underground nuclear testing, you normally need a fifty to sixty kilometer square of desert for a nuclear test. In the U.S., this would be something like the Nevada desert. Unless you have the kind they have in India or Pakistan, you cannot do it. The reason for this is that the underground water system gets damaged. North Korea has a very abundant flow of underground water, and if you carry out an underground nuclear test in this kind of place, radioactive materials would get into the water supply for the whole of the Korean peninsula, and also flow out into the Sea of Japan. As a consequence, if there were any underground nuclear testing in the Korean peninsula, it would not be just the ecological system, but also the topography of the land that would be damaged. So, will they indeed carry out tests? I think they might somehow manage to borrow the Pakistani desert, or else carry out tests in another country. Still, this being North Korea, one can never know. If they did do that sort of nuclear test, then the U.S. would run out of patience."

globalsecurity.org...

The test will happen.....................................................

top topics

<<   2 >>

join