It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did we create T.V.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If u think about it TV has no real purpose in our lives we can do with or with out it but, why did people flock to it so willingly?Was it the cooking channels or the game shows?What possible group of people would want to create a device that could speak to millons of people at one time and spread an idea, false or true? That could send information countless miles away to foriegn lands.
"Who knows i just like The Prices is Right"
If u think that ur mistaken, fore the most harmless things can creat the most Horrible ideas

In conclusion to this "I want my MTV" Who Doesnt??????
But Who wants a hole lot False Truths

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
in order to control the masses and feed them bull.
the exact same reason the www. was released by the mil/ind complex in order to track your thoughts and control them as much as possible!
do you really think you are you, and free, stop and think again!!!!

not even funny or joking

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
cute reply, better than the one you gave me when I requested that you return the post of mine your little boy thru in the garbage I repeat who is it you ultimately work for ?
NSA?
Prove me wrong I beg you?
I would enjoy a Brother in Arms

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The writer was the man who founded the most famous public Satanist organization in America (the Church of Satan founded in 1966), Anton LaVey. He is also the author of a number of other books including "The Satanic Bible."

In all seriousness, LaVey continues to promote the religious significance of television, saying that:

... The birth of TV was a magical event foreshadowing its satanic significance. The first commercial broadcast was aired on Walpurgisnacht, April 30th, 1939, at the New York World's Fair. Since then, TV's infiltration has been so gradual, so complete that no one even noticed. People don't need to go to church any more; they get their morality plays on television.2
LaVey compares satellite dishes and antennas to church-top crosses and notes that TV has become, in effect, the major religion of the masses, even calling the television set the Satanic family altar.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The Television was invented as a means of communicating by pictures. That was the intention of it's inventors. The way it has been used since, however, is questionable...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Making money and controling/fooling the weak minded.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I love the television, but I often go weeks or months without turning it on. Like any medium, you have to take what you see or read with a grain of salt. Unfortunately many people have blind faith in the television. It alters people's perceptions of reallity.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hmm.....

Mind control,
Propaganda...

You know, the usual...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think TV has always been primarily an advertising medium, thankfully past its use by date.

Maybe it can be turned into something more useful. I know some excellent community TV stations with diverse programming.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Don't forget the GOOD things about television. We can know of a storm, before it wipes out our home. We can see breaking news, and history, as it happens, even if it's halfway around the world. I can't even count how many documentaries I've seen, that have increased my knowledge of the world. Not to mention, the occassional mindless entertainment value as well...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emyrs1
"Who knows i just like The Prices is Right"

THE PRICE IS WRONG BIATCH!!!!!!
lol tv is the worst thing that ever happened to the world in that so many people sit in front of their tv and watch the most retarted things possible like the reality tv shows that are scripted. Well then i guess that Reality went out the window for ratings.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Personally, I'm kind of weird here...

I watch mostly documentaries, and movies, but I enjoy occassional fluff, including "reality" shows. And they aren't scripted, they're just edited to hell, to show what they think will be entertaining. All work and no play.... In the end, it's up to us, the consumer, that drives what's on tv....
If you don't like it...you always have the option to change the channel. With TLC, TDC, Public Access, etc. there is culture on TV if you look for it. But some candy now and then, isn't such a bad thing, imho...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I really think all this "entertainement" bull they show us as only 2 goals, to get 'em money and to distract us from doing something better, like learning stuff, or merealy just thinking.

new topics

top topics

join