It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we the Aliens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Many people have many theories about aliens. Some say, they are controlling us. While other are more inclined to believe it is the NWO that has many aliens and/or world leaders. While these beliefs have little evidence, we can't obtain that much evidence to support our theory. Most intelligent people feel that in a GIGANTIC universe there has to be more intelligent life.

That raises a major question. What are the odds that we would find intelligent life, let alone normal life? The chances of even plants or bacteria on planets is not high. With recent evidence, scientists have discovered something that should be rare, Earth's neighbor Mars, once may have had water, which would harbor life. It seems like our Solar System is almost destined to support life. The chances of all this technology is very slim. And while some people believe the universe is very scientific expect a small planet named Earth in which it's life is intelligent. Not only that, many feel we were destined to be here. It feels that it has to be that way, doesn't it?

Ignoring our destiny to be here, there isn't much to explain the slim statistics of us being here. Communication, love, happiness, skeptical, we have all these feelings. We are very intelligent creatures. Using some of my space knowledge, I know that the Earth is quite cold, as you can't get colder than -473 F (Somewhere around there) -or- absolute zero. The Earth IS a very cold planet. I don't think the Earth is a freindly enviroment for us either, if we were to live in the wild we would DIE. Not to mention the frigid temps in New Englands to the heat waves we expirence in the Summer

Knowing this, I don't even think the Earth is a freindly- environment for life. We are very lucky to be alive, and so intelligent. Yet humans are always looking for a superior life form. Have we even looked at ourselves? While we imagine aliens in spacecrafts, it isn't likly they would be able to harbor that technology. We are against the odds, and we are looking for another species to defy the odds even more. I think it's time, we look at ourselves, and we look at all of our possesions, (cars, tv's, computers, stereoes, airplanes). We need to take a look at ourselves, and say we are the most technological civilization in the universe. And we will only increase in technology even more, so perhaps we WILL be the aliens in the future. I am surprised I am even living in the universe today, I think we are the aliens

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Thats a weird view why should we be the most technological advanced race in the universe or the only race in the universe.

I think its been proven that life is far more easier to be created than prieviously thought of. but i am not sure.

I personally feels we are not the most advanced as we have had centuraries where we hampered our advances in technology. e.g. the dark ages. Maybe another race had better luch maybe another is stuck in it.

Our sun is pretty young compared to others so there is every chance an older star holds an ever advanced race of aliens.

Anyway if we are the only ones or the most advanced there is a damn size of wasted "Space" out there something got to be wizzing about.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Well, there's no way to quantitatively figure it out right know, but as I'm sure you know, the Drake Equation helps a lot with the idea.

Even if the odds are near to zero, over a long period of time in a large universe, small odds often present themselves. Who knows if our time's of existance will even overlap?

I DO think that we are a strong candidate for the honors of most intelligent life ATM. In order for us to find aliens on Earth, however, they have to get here, and since we can't get there, they have to be more advanced. That's how that myth started.

Odds are that if/when we find life it will be dead, or if we're really lucky, struggling microbes.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hello MysticalUnicorn, nice to meet you.

Interesting notion, that we are the most advanced civilization in the Universe. Usually that goes hand in hand with 'because we are the only civilization'.

To me the most scientific estimations about the possibility of life elsewhere are just guesses. In an infinite Universe any chance at all has to lead to a very large number, this is the real world result of 'any fraction of infinity, is infinity' concept. Does not matter how low the chance is, apply it to the number of possible planets and the result is just plain mind boggling.

For us to be the top dog then every UFO report has to be false and I really do not believe that to be true. One Foo Fighter and we know how advanced some of the races were in the 1940s. Of course there is the possibility that the Foos were actually just creatures, no craft. That would make them so different than us that comparision might be impossible. But if you can travel space without a craft that is still 'advanced' I suppose.

A.T
(-)

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You're going too much to church.

Really?? Do you think what you posted? Amongst a few billions of planets out there, several hundreds of millions are older than our star system!!! Even with a low probability, this brings out a dozen of intelligent civ's far way older than us!

Think about it. We are likely puppets...

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think that we are not the only species/civilisation in our universe but perhaps we are the aliens to them.
I remember hearing that in the future our body shape will change dramatically, we will have larger heads to contain our bigger brains, larger eyes, our bodies will shrink and have almost no muscle structure because we will use mechanical aids for movement...in short we will end up looking like the little green men that we think aliens are....maybe we'll steal other planets versions of cows...and do interesting experiments on them

join