It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSH DEFACES U.S. FLAG

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Link

So now, I want bush fined one-hundred bucks or I want to see him serve thirty days, here's why......

Sec. 3. - Use of flag for advertising purposes; mutilation of flag

Any person who, within the District of Columbia, in any manner, for exhibition or display, shall place or cause to be placed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing, or any advertisement of any nature upon any flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America; or shall expose or cause to be exposed to public view any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign upon which shall have been printed, painted, or otherwise placed, or to which shall be attached, appended, affixed, or annexed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, or drawing, or any advertisement of any nature; or who, within the District of Columbia, shall manufacture, sell, expose for sale, or to public view, or give away or have in possession for sale, or to be given away or for use for any purpose, any article or substance being an article of merchandise, or a receptacle for merchandise or article or thing for carrying or transporting merchandise, upon which shall have been printed, painted, attached, or otherwise placed a representation of any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign, to advertise, call attention to, decorate, mark, or distinguish the article or substance on which so placed shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $100 or by imprisonment for not more than thirty days, or both, in the discretion of the court. The words ''flag, standard, colors, or ensign'', as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America

President Bush broke the law and he probably doesn't even know it.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Looks like he autographing it. He may well be breaking a law. But if we do not fine people for burning the flag,I see know reason he should be fined.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
send a mail to the white house, see what they reply with...

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What's really sad, is that, as president....he should really know better.... Then again, as president, he should probably know what continent Niger is in, but I doubt he realized that either....

I say $100 fine to the max baby...

I'd lean towards the 30 days jail time too, but that would leave his puppet masters way too much leeway...

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The law applies only to Columbia as far as I can tell...now I've never been to the U.S but I'm pretty sure Michigan - where he was signing the flags - isn't in Columbia.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand bush, but I don't think he's broken the law.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
29MV29, if you tryed to look ridiculous, it's a full success.
Congratulations.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well, I'm pretty sure Bush could use the American flag as toilet paper and then use it to strangle an old lady, and he still wouldn't be held responsible.......unless the "higher up" people want a president gone, then any illegal activity is brushed under the carpet. Thats how it seems anyway......

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
29MV29

I'm with you on this one.

It points out Bush's ignorance in a small way as much as anything he has done in an attempt to destroy the world under the PNAC agenda, with his corrupt administration.

If this is on public record in Michigan, the law has no doubt been checked there, and if Bush's autograph is in violation, Bush will be served.

What an idiot. Unless he is quickly able to manufacture an exception by invoking the " 'popular' 'president' currently engaged in illegal war " clause.

U-P, in the most friendly way possible, I think you might pull your head in on this one and see what happens.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Thinking again, the Clause that Bush would be likely to weasel out with would be the one where he could argue in relation to what kind of relations he had with the flag, and what the definition of a flag is.

But he really is an ignorant idiot, isn't he.

No joke.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You know I dont like Dubya Bush at all I think he is an idiot.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
LOL Nice find!!!! Given that he's got a royal bloodline, I don't think he really cares, and I seriously doubt he will ever have to face the consequences. After all, this is a democracy, right? But laws don't apply to the presidency, obviously.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What I find ridiculous is that Bush will get more flak for his chicken scratch on this tiny American flag than he will for the real crimes he has commited...

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That is unconstitutional. I believe those federal regulations are interpretted as guidelines now. The Supreme Court routinely strikes down flag desecration statutes as being unconstitutional. Every 2 or so years the Republicans try to pass such statutes. I believe there is such a bill currently pending... Other "guidelines": you cannot have wear clothing that depicts the flag. I believe that was challanged by some 1960's hippie, and then again by Larry Flint of Hustler magazine who went to court wearing a flag as a diaper. All patriots dispose of your flag shirts now. But do it properly, there are rules on that too. All those people with American flags on you cars, please make sure they are properly displayed on the right front fender.l

Famous last words: "Trust me, I'm a lawyer." Although I readilly admit con law bores the crap out of me.

It is freedom of speech. You can take a dump on the flag if you wish to.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaze
send a mail to the white house, see what they reply with...

I have sent NUMEROUS letters(hand written and e-mail) to the white house, and only recieved automated replies .

The only time I recieved anything remotely not automated is when a manila envelope arrived for me in the mail with "actual" stamps on it, not that stamped postal seal. Any how good luck in getting a serious or real person to reply.

[Edited on 26-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well

At any rate I am sure he did it with out thinking!!

tutlol

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ya know when I look at that picture I just want to slap him on the back of his little Srub head

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
OMG yall are crazy any chance you get to bash Bush yall do. Here is an honest question to all of yall do yall disagree with the freedom people have to deface the american flag has an expression of there beliefs.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think the point is that no 'president' or President should be so stupid as to have himself subjected for criticism for breaking the law about defacing the American flag.

In freedom of expression it is no different to Marilyn Manson wiping his a$$ with one every time he is on stage.

The President, however, should not be so stupid.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I really don't think it's a big deal, but we have to talk about something, right?

Bush has done an adequate job as Prez, not our best ever, but he is undeserving of some of the accusations I've seen here like the way he looks, the way he talks, how much he drank in college, etc.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

U-P, in the most friendly way possible, I think you might pull your head in on this one and see what happens.

What do I have to see ? That the US President is just autographing a little US flag ? Where is the problem ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join