It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Sex Offender' Tracking a Prelude to Citizen Tagging

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
A stolen car can either be recovered, paid by insurance, or theonwer can just have to get another one ...

the innocence and damaged donne to a rapped child...??????

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Death penalty? Just who are you people to judge the value of another person's life? I'll ask the same question for murderers.

There are many better options than simply killing them. To put clear identificable tags on them would not be a bad idea, and to castrate them would be an even better option for keep them from repeating child abuse acts. Although it looks a little barbaric, it's a lot less barbaric but a lot less than killing people under the assumption that they MIGHT do these things again. Child abuse is a very dirty crime, I know, but murder is'nt something cleaner.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
best way is not to kill someone cause of a crime, let them suffer day by day knowing what they did. Thats the best punishment they can recieve.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I believe that it is necessary to protect us from sex offenders. When a house is next to a prision, the house value goes down, that's because people do not wanted to live close to rapists and murderers.

While I think it is a great idea to track people, we are building into privacy. The more security there is, the less private your life is. You want to feel safer, then we need the government to watch us.

Therefore, it is my opinion, we only track rapists, sex offenders, murderers, because we NEED to feel safer in the community. As long as it isn't enforced to normal citizens, I will be content

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If anyone wanted to see where I drive, all they need do is get in touch with GM. Ever notice that little antenna at the back of a chevy?...those Impalas can be tracked continually... from orbit.
My point is that they can ALREADY track most people through their cars.

Credit and debit card purchases just fill in the blanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
having that bracelet on seems almost superfluous, but i'm all for them on criminals, no matter what thier crime-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
btw All this sex talk is just ornamental to the basic idea...people tracking is the present and it's going to get more prevalent. imo

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

having that bracelet on seems almost superfluous, but i'm all for them on criminals, no matter what thier crime-

like I posted earlier, There is no gray in that statement. I got arrested and pleaded guilty to an under 21 w/bac charge. Only a misdemeanor, but as the probation officer said, "It's still considered a crime in our society even if you don't agree with it." If they would have put one of those on me because I was drinking a few months before I was 21... give me a break.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Personally, I think a child-molestor who has (2) convictions should have a large red "P" for Pervert stamped right on their Forehead and hands for 10 years, if they go straight, than its removed.....this way we can see who the monsters are in our midst.

The "nice man" who lives 2 doors down in the apartment complex won't be able to started preying on youngsters again........Its Cruel, but I think the kids in those apartments have more rights that a paroled child molestor.

Max

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by silentlonewolf
[... give me a break.

I would agree that a victimless offence like that would not warrant a bracelet...it's kinda senseless and overkill of a system. How would you feel about tagging car jackers or break and enters?
Wouldn't you want to see those non- violent types get a bracelet for a year?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
to castrate them would be an even better option for keep them from repeating child abuse acts.

Castration wouldn't stop them feeling up or masturbating a child. What next, chop off their hands? They'll still lust after children - if they have no dick and no hands, they might make lewd and graphic comments to children - cut out their tongue?

First port of call IMO is understanding the mentality of a paedophile. WHY are they this way, then what can be done about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No it doesn't warrant one. Once the sentence has been fullfilled, they have paid their dept. As I have stated before, there are people that have been charged because they were 18 and had a 17 year old girlfriend. The problem is people like Couey getting out after 2 years (only a 5th of his sentence).

Now, that being said, people often serve time out of jail with these trackers on at a halfway house (usualy while on parole), But for the rest of a persons life, no.

Getting back on subject though, It is really weird coincidence how major news organizations are all of a sudden taking an interest in these stories. First MJ, now these 3 cases in Florida, followed by a push for them to be tagged.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by silentlonewolf]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
To me its simple. If they are so dangerous that you have to track them then don't let them out to begin with. Otherwise I must assume that they have paid their debt to society and its time for them to move on and live freely.

I'm with Indy...

It makes no sense tagging individuals, which may lead to more sinister things. It also makes no sense to condone what amounts to state sponsored vigilante activity. It would be no different than allowing the KKK to burn crosses on the lawns of Blacks and Jews. After all, according to our legal system, once a person has been released from incarceration, then they have paid their dues to society and have been "rehabilitated". If that is not indeed the case, then it seems to me it's the legal system that needs to be scrutinized, rather than allowing citizens to take the law into their own hands.

I certainly don't support or encourage child molestation, toture and murder. I just think a more thoughtful approach to the problem needs to be considered. Otherwise, we'll just end up shooting ourselves in the foot ...

[edit on 4/24/2005 by netbound]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This topic is still raging, with Jessica's law being passed in Florida and new outrage over what happened in the Idaho case.

Looks like this is really picking up steam.

df1

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The city of Xenia, Ohio has turned sex offenders into an industry. Police officers get on the internet pretending to be children and lure perverts from all over the country to come to Xenia to meet them for sex. The local news reports several such arrests each week in Xenia.

Living in a neighboring town I have serious concerns as to whether the Xenia police should be doing this type of thing as it potentially brings in perverts that would not otherwise be in this area.

In another respect this strikes me as entrapment or perhaps no crime at all as no child is ever actually involved. Perhaps the individuals being prosecuted would never have come to Xenia or never arranged to meet anyone had the police not solicited the individual.

Another question I have is, should the police persons involved also be charged as sex offenders if they get sexual gratification from soliciting perverts while pretending to be children? Certainly a police officer doing this type of thing for any length of time would suffer some negative psychological effects.

This really strikes me as a kooky situation.

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Citizen tagging is probably on the way. For one thing the whole terror threat makes it seem like a good idea. People are more afraid of radical muslims then tehir own govt., and if you happen to find yourself in trouble, the idea that you can be instantly located is appealing.

Also people like the idea of keeping tabs on various sorts of 'offenders'. The idea that this is a 'thin edge of the wedge' is a hard sell. becaus eyou're asking nice, middle class people to group themselves in with weirdos and perverts. Their strong sense of identity will prevent that, or at least create major resistence. "Go on and tag 'em" if only to prove that they're not in the same barrel, will be the general idea. It's only human nature.

Besides, we practically have it already with cell phones, and the global postioning chips in the new autos.

People have been worried about the potential of tech to be abused, ie used to control people by govts. for years. Strangely what we're seeing, as tech develops, is the tendency of 'ordinary people' to use tech to spy on and control each other. It's the case of the man who goes to the spy shop, to have his wife's cell phone bugged. Or the couple who have a 'nanny cam' installed in the nursery. not to mention the number of employers who spy on employees. I didn't work out like people expected. We have seen Big Brother, and he is us. hence politics is a 'cop out' from human nature. Instead of dealing with human nature, you creat a political issue to solve, and everything will be dandy.

[edit on 18-7-2005 by GrandCourtJester]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I agree that posing as a child on the internet to "entrap" pedophiles seems almost as sick as pedophiles trolling for children on the internet. I happen to have known a few folks who do this. Shaquille O'Neal is one as well and he has the badge to prove it.

While people who do this give me the creeps, their activity can be justified in so far as children are gullible and vulnerable to those who would exploit them over the internet, while on the other hand, pedophiles are gullible and vulnerable to those who would exploit them over the internet.

When choosing those who deserve to be exploited, pedophiles win every time in my book.

df1

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
When choosing those who deserve to be exploited, pedophiles win every time in my book.

Grady, I can appreciate your point of view on this issue. However I have a problem with the police importing bunches of pedophiles from out of state into my community, putting the kids in my neighborhood at risk. This just seems like a very bad idea.

When they are released are we going to gps tag and keep them in the local jurisdiction where the crime was committed?

[edit on 18-7-2005 by df1]

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
First off, you cannot just start killing off the pedophiles, There would be no priests left to baptize the children

I've stated in other posts that I believe this is how it will begin. First they will tag the pedophiles, then criminals in general. Also the elderly must be tracked in the event they wonder off during a snowstorm.

Right now parents can track their children with GPS devices that are hidden in shoes or watches, (I saw that on the news, don't know how true it is) but its only a matter of time before the tech gets so advanced it will be standard issue for every newborn, right along with their vitamin K shots and footprints.

Our generation is probably the last to live with atleast the appearance of freedom. It will never come down to forcing the average citizen to accept a tracking device, but it will be just as common as the nose on their face for the generations to come.

Thats my two nickels on it,

Wupy

posted on Jul, 18 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

...I have a problem with the police importing bunches of pedophiles from out of state into my community, putting the kids in my neighborhood at risk.

When they are released are we going to gps tag and keep them in the local jurisdiction where the crime was committed?

Actually, I don't disagree with your point of view. The people who pretend to be children on the internet are hardly better than the people they seek to attract. I will never believe that they are not just as aroused as the pedophiles, even though they can always claim they're in it to "protect the children." I see your point of having your community become a magnet for pedophiles, but surely your city will become a huge red flag for pedophiles. They have their networks and eventually word will get out, I would think.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The one thing that's never been fully explained is what turns people into pedophiles. So most treatments have been in effective. Sexual 'fetishism' still remains something of a mystery.

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
If you shoot the baby-raping bastards you dont need to track them you will know where they are.

In a hell where they belong

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join