It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: President Trump Addresses Libertarian National Convention In D.C. – 5/25/24

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: pianopraze

LIBERTARIANS Need to Pisss or get Off the Pot here in 2024 / Liberty or Death !

"We want Libertarian votes. Don't allow the worst President in the history of our country to come back and do the final destruction of America." - President Donald Trump

Source: gettr.com...

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666
What type of person goes to something that they hate so much?

He doesn't hate libertarians, he was just combative with them because they didn't receive him well.

It's their convention, they organized it, paid for it and called their candidates, delegates and supporters in.

He chose to come in because he needs more votes to be competitive. 20% of the Republican party is still voting for a candidate that's been out for months now. That number may change, but he realizes he needs more than just the Republican votes if he wants to beat the incumbent.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I wonder if the crowd was 'seeded' a bit.......

Trump tried to plant the room with MAGA supporters and block the libertarians from getting in so it would look like the libertarians support him… but it completely backfired, lol!!!
edit on 25-5-2024 by JadedGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

Lol, him and his team didn’t think that speech through. It showed there was really no understanding of libertarians, and was just an attempt to pander without substance.

But damn did he run through the bit even though it was a flop. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

As a person, I respect the dedication. Politically it doesn’t do much for me.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   

That video didn’t show evidence of that.

I’d be curious if there’s footage, but that YouTuber just alleged that in his video.

Edit: I stopped the video part of the way through, and I was going off his initial claim without any evidence after. Later he does show some social posts, so that’s a bit different than just his word for it.
edit on 25-5-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

Trump tried to plant the room with MAGA supporters and block the libertarians from getting in so it would look like the libertarians support him… but it completely backfired, lol!!!

This seems highly unlikely bordering on bad mental health.

I understand exactly why he got every boo and applause and could explain why on each topic.

It was an extreeeeemly honest libertarian review of Trump and his policies as we view him.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There was a clip of a girl that was at the convention saying it was happening, Trump supporters who lined up for hours then raced in to grab all the reserved seats. They had to get security to kick them out, lol.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I noticed that and edited my original response.

I looked back and he does use social posts, but those are kind of anecdotal themselves. Still better than me just taking his word for it… but I didn’t necessarily see a smoking gun.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I am pleasantly surprised and impressed with Trump. He went in and did his best and he know he needs the votes from them come November. Now let's see if he doesn't fumble this on X or TS the remainder of the weekend.

That is the true test IMO. I have my doubts but he has surprised me before.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:29 PM
link   

That’s the thing about Meidas Touch, your not ever going to see anything positive about Trump (to put it lightly), but they do always back there claims with evidence… even if it could sometimes be technically considered “anecdotal”.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625

Perhaps, but probably not. As a libertarian, I can attest that most of us want him to go away.

You'd prefer Biden? I doubt there could be enough libertarian votes to elect RFK.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:48 PM
link   

That’s the thing about Meidas Touch, your not ever going to see anything positive about Trump (to put it lightly), but they do always back there claims with evidence… even if it could sometimes be technically considered “anecdotal”.

Society is just used to using hyperbole.

We can’t just say how things are without exaggerating it, that’s too boring. And it’s not exclusive to Trump.

People speak just as vehemently about Biden. And even with the Libertarian party, many would jump to tropes like they don’t believe in public roads or border anarchy. You just don’t see it as much because it’s not an incredibly relevant party.

But the YouTuber alleged Trump had MAGA supporters block libertarians so that the audience would seem favorable. What the social media posts suggested was that there were MAGA supporters there.

The event had enough to make it notable and newsworthy. I just don’t see the point in making it more hyperbolic and declaring things without being sure.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Headline: Trump Vows to Put a ‘Libertarian’ in His Cabinet, ‘Senior Posts’

Source: www.breitbart.com...

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Headline: Trump Speech at the Libertarian National Convention Was a Wild Ride, but Had Some Cheering by End.

Source: redstate.com...

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

There was a clip of a girl that was at the convention saying it was happening, Trump supporters who lined up for hours then raced in to grab all the reserved seats. They had to get security to kick them out, lol.

I read that MAGA rushed in and took the first two rows of the seats that were reserved for the Libertarian delegates, arriving from all over the country. Then MAGA had to be asked to vacate those seats, and they did after lots of protest and name calling. More seats were brought in for the MAGA crowd.

But my favorite part of the whole night was that the Trump Secret Service was confiscating these yellow rubber ducks that the crowd brought in, and they wrote "Debate Bobby!" on them. The SS went around and took them from the people. Imagine that for a Libertarian crowd, thriving on fighting for personal freedoms and things not being taken away by force. Irony.

“No lighters, no water bottles, no noisy chickens,” one agent yelled out to people in line.

Link

Comedy gold.

Edit: Looks like they didn't get all of the chickens though:

edit on 26-5-2024 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Well...

Libertarians need a very moderate candidate. One the reinstills Trump's "The States will work it out" mantra.

Does Haley's recent, let's call it "change of heart" on "following the crowd" signify Trump is looking her way at VP?

I can't do politicians speeches to decide if I like them. Trump is going to try to close the freaking deal and Joe is going to try to sell me a used car "like new" if he can remember.

I will say, the bar for this one couldn't possibly get any lower. It's like admissions to The University of Phoenix.

Do you have a pulse, and is it capable of continuing to stay a pulse without persistent defibrillation? Will you remember you did this application in 5 hours?

But there's this "aura" around Trump, this quasi-messianic equivocation that makes me fear his support more than him. So a nice moderate female VP pick certainly goes a long way to assuaging the more hysteria-related fears may be unfounded.
edit on 26-5-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I"m surprised he did this.

Biden wouldn't have had the guts.

Trump took some hits, but also got some applause.

Pretty much what I'd expect from a Libertarian audience.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Very well written.

I agree with almost all, and echo the sentiment. One exception: moderate candidate.

I think we need a Milei. Maybe a MMA fighter. Who, like trump, will call out the BS. And start going Afuera to 3 letter agencies.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If Biden got booed like Trump did, you guys would be laughing your butts off.

Guess what, the rest of us are laughing our butts off.

a reply to: FlyersFan

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join