It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our recent trip to Ukraine (Kyiv)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel

"Nothing is damaged in Kiev".

How do you know this?

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

but that what he would do is bring the war to an end with Russia leaving Ukraine.

How?

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

edit on 5/23/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

How?

Ask him. That is what he said. In fact he said he'd have it ended in the first 24 hours.

With his track record of being the first modern day President to not start any new wars, and based on his accomplishments with The Abraham Accords, I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt.
edit on 23-5-2024 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2024 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

How?

Ask him. That is what he said. In fact he said he'd have it ended in the first 24 hours.

With his track record of being the first modern day President to not start any new wars, and based on his accomplishments with The Abraham Accords, I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He also had a track record of making many false claims.

If he has a plan to bring the end to the war in Ukraine, in 24 hours or otherwise, why would he not share it?

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"Nothing is damaged in Kiev".

How do you know this?

Because nothing is damaged in Kiev. I'm Russian and my half sister is has a Russian mother and a Ukrainian father (who moved back to Kiev from North America about 15 years ago or longer and our families are intertwined so I hear, talk with and know lots from the whole region.

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

So is this fake or what?

www.reuters.com...

"KYIV, Nov 23 (Reuters) - Russian missiles on Wednesday knocked out electricity in the Kyiv region and elsewhere across the country, killing at least six people during attacks that caused blackouts across the country.
Kyiv was one of the main targets of missile strikes on energy facilities that cut power in many regions and made emergency blackouts necessary in others to conserve energy and enable repairs as winter sets in."
edit on 24-5-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Like, the government was spying on his campaign?

By all means, do post some links to some of these false claims he supposedly made.

If he has a plan to bring the end to the war in Ukraine, in 24 hours or otherwise, why would he not share it?

Oh, that is an easy one...

To irk people like you.

Lol... seriously though, I would have thought that was obvious...

You don't telegraph your winning move(s) to your opponents before making them.
edit on 24-5-2024 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Like, the government was spying on his campaign?

By all means, do post some links to some of these false claims he supposedly made.

Oh, that is an easy one...

To irk people like you.

Lol... seriously though, I would have thought that was obvious...

You don't telegraph your winning move(s) to your opponents before making them.

The sheer scale and frequency of Trumps falsehoods are already well covered. From your posts it obvious I am not going to convince you of anything negative of him.

However you are saying he has a plan to end the war that he won't share on order to irk people and win political advantage. So he is willing to let war continue and people die for own entertainment and political advantage? And you view that level of psychopathy as a positive?

Or more likely there is no plan to end the war, it just more meangilees soundbites rather than actual policy or ideas.

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This will be my last response to your rantings since it is completely OT...

The sheer scale and frequency of Trumps falsehoods are already well covered.

Yes yes yes, that is all people like you can say when confronted with having to actually back up what you are saying with facts.

From your posts it obvious I am not going to convince you of anything negative of him.

There are plenty of negative things about him. That is different from saying he 'makes many false claims'. All I have done is ask you to back up your own real and actual falsee claim that he 'makes many false claims'.

Obviously you cannot, because all you are doing is parroting the MSM narrative.

However you are saying he has a plan to end the war.

To be precise, I'm saying that he says he has a plan. There is a difference.

that he won't share on order to irk people and win political advantage.

Again, no, you are either misunderstanding what I'm saying, or just being obtuse.

I said nothing about political gain, I said:

"You don't telegraph your winning move(s) to your opponents before making them."

When I saod opponents, in this case, I meant Russian, not the Demwits.

So he is willing to let war continue and people die for own entertainment and political advantage?

Not at all. You seem to be under the delusion that were he to actually share his plan with Obamathe current US regime, they would actually listen or even attempt to implement it, when what they would actually do is "let war continue and people die for entertainment and political advantage" - exactly what you claim Trump is doing.

And you view that level of psychopathy as a positive?

I don't view any level of psychopathy as positive, but you seem to be unable to grasp the the simple fact that the psychopathy - all of it - is coming from your own team.

Or more likely there is no plan to end the war, it just more meangilees soundbites rather than actual policy or ideas.

We'll see soon enough - as long as your team doesn't start WWIII and put an end to the world as we know it - a very real possibility considering the extreme level pf psychopathy being engaged in by them (your team).

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The reason the MSM reports Trump lying is because of how often he lies.

That one comment right there makes it clear I'm wasting my time trying to talk to someone so hopelessly lost it will take a miracle for them to ever find their way back to sanity.

I hope you make it some day, I truly do. Good luck.

posted on May, 26 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Honestly your thread reads more like a travel advertisement for Ukraine than a personal experience.

Did you visit any of the newly built graveyards the size of football stadiums?

You make numerous attempts to try and paint Ukraine in a positive light and pretend they haven't sent an entire generation of young boys into a meat grinder for American interests. Your evidence of this is people break-dancing?

This certainly doesn't look like the stable society you just described...

Perhaps next time travel east. But might I suggest leaving the kids outside a conflict zone. Just sayin it don't reflect well on your parenting skills...
edit on 26-5-2024 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Honestly your thread reads more like a travel advertisement for Ukraine than a personal experience.

Then your reading skills could use some work.

I simply related my entire experience, from traveling there, to what we saw while in Kyiv. Nothing more, nothing less.

We weren't there on a vacation, and we did not leave Kyiv because we were there for a specific reason/purpose, and needed to be available at a moments notice.

A few on here, like you, have blindly criticized my going there - especially with my family - but guess what? Not one of you bothered to PM me (as I requested) and ask why we would do such a thing. Not one.

I think that reflects rather poorly on every single one of you that criticized, without bothering to actually inquire as to why we would do such a thing.

Did you visit any of the newly built graveyards the size of football stadiums?

There aren't any in Kyiv.

You make numerous attempts to try and paint Ukraine in a positive light and pretend they haven't sent an entire generation of young boys into a meat grinder for American interests. Your evidence of this is people break-dancing?

My evidence is precisely as stated... we saw what we saw. Streets filled with young military aged men, none of whom seemed concerned with anything but going about their business, whether that business was going somewhere (who knows where), or break dancing in the streets (which happened every Friday and Saturday night, for hours and hours, with huge crowds watching and cheering.

I couldn't care less if you approve of my evidence or not.

This certainly doesn't look like the stable society you just described...

Because none of that was happening in Kyiv - at least the parts where we were, and there was ZERO evidence of any damage to buildings, other than the one bnuilding with some blown out windows up high. Also, as I said, every time the air raid siren sounded, people mostly ignored it, but a few always laughed and joked about it (my wife understands the language well enough to catch their meaning) and heard their comments).

Perhaps next time travel east.

Why on Gods green earth would we do that. We didn't go there because we wanted to, but you can't seem to grasp such a simple fact.

But might I suggest leaving the kids outside a conflict zone. Just sayin it don't reflect well on your parenting skills...

I suggest you keep your uninformed, un-asked for opinions to yourself.

posted on May, 27 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   

You have mail.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join