It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH 1740 Russian Soldiers Destroyed By Ukrainian Forces While Advancing In Kharkiv

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Vermilion

Yes. You posted the link. Which, as I have pointed out, contains huge caveats and is not what you claimed.

You posted "direct quotes" from the Axios article, but nothing from the actual Report itself.

"If the Zelensky apologists and nanny state simpletons can’t read then it’s on them.".

Nice.

Well, I did read the actual Report.

Now who's got an agenda?

Care to discuss the actual Report and those very significant caveats, or is it just sound bites from the Axios opinion piece?

I used the Axios article because even they couldn’t pretty up the fact that the aid is massively unaccounted for.
I know you’re not an accountant but it doesn’t take one to see how shady this can be.

Axios intentionally left out the part where the report says the previous delinquency rate was at 87%. media.defense.gov...

That’s insane.
Maybe the the redacted parts are the crucial caveats? LoL

My ‘agenda’ is that I’m a US taxpayer and I expect accountability and honest answers from my government.
This joke of a report is not either.

What’s your agenda?

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Not addressing my points about the actual Report, then?

No, the caveats I referred to are not redacted.

You can read them in the Report that is in your own link.

So, care to address them or what?

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Trusting Zelensky and his minions to give us the information is not accountability.

Actually, Zelensky is fighting really hard to combat corruption as he's under the constant international pressure. In the recent corruption scandal, involving the Lviv Arsenal, the perpetrators, including the government officials, were detained and the money recovered. However, that embezzlement case didn't involve the foreign military aid, it was a domestic affair. The officials from regional recruitment centers were dismissed and replaced by veteran soldiers who can no longer fight. Even the most powerful oligarch and Zelensky's supporter, Ihor Kolomoisky, was arrested for fraud.

I haven't read about any corruption case that would involve foreign military aid. Anyway, Ukraine hardly ever gets cash, rather equipment and ammunition. Sure, it could be illegally sold but I have yet to see the evidence for that. The document you pointed to is a call for more control, that's all.

If you think that your country shouldn't help Ukraine, you're entitled to your opinion. However, it is not true that Zelensky sweeps corruption under the rug and does nothing to tackle the problem.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

"What’s your agenda?"

Calling out bollox when I see it?

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"What’s your agenda?"

Calling out bollox when I see it?

What exactly have I stated here that is incorrect?
Put up or shut up.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

Trusting Zelensky and his minions to give us the information is not accountability.

Actually, Zelensky is fighting really hard to combat corruption as he's under the constant international pressure. In the recent corruption scandal, involving the Lviv Arsenal, the perpetrators, including the government officials, were detained and the money recovered. However, that embezzlement case didn't involve the foreign military aid, it was a domestic affair. The officials from regional recruitment centers were dismissed and replaced by veteran soldiers who can no longer fight. Even the most powerful oligarch and Zelensky's supporter, Ihor Kolomoisky, was arrested for fraud.

I haven't read about any corruption case that would involve foreign military aid. Anyway, Ukraine hardly ever gets cash, rather equipment and ammunition. Sure, it could be illegally sold but I have yet to see the evidence for that. The document you pointed to is a call for more control, that's all.

If you think that your country shouldn't help Ukraine, you're entitled to your opinion. However, it is not true that Zelensky sweeps corruption under the rug and does nothing to tackle the problem.

Zelensky is a long time con man.
Dig into the Panama Papers.

Zelensky tackles corruption only if it suits his agenda.
It’s all just part of the grift.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Your failure to address the huge caveats referred to in the actual Report referred to in the link you posted?

Which I put up for you?

"Your link refers to the problems in assessing the situation due to lack of personnel on the ground and movement restrictions due to it being a hostile war zone etc."

You have represented this report as being something which it clearly is not.

So, now you can put up and address the actual Report and my points or just bluster away?

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

And you don't seem to know anything at all. So I guess we're even.

Have fun with your impending Caliphate, I'm sure you'll have tons of fun.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

My take on this, given your silence when questioned about it, is that, indeed, you do not have a clue what Communism actually is.

Caliphate, here in the UK?

You clearly have no clue about that, either. Sadly.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

"Your link refers to the problems in assessing the situation due to lack of personnel on the ground and movement restrictions due to it being a hostile war zone etc."

What you posted is just a silly version of ‘sorry we didn’t plan or foresee having to account for the aid’.
Bad spin.
Unacceptable excuse from a massive bureaucracy.

You have represented this report as being something which it clearly is not.
Stop with your hollow tripe and be specific with your accusations.
Put up, shut up or just sod off.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   

What I posted is what the Report actually says.

Goodnight, angry internet person.

Have a good one.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

Source[/u rl]

“Multi-million contracts for the construction of fortification structures, for which a total of 7 billion hryvnias [roughly $176 million] was spent, were [transferred] by the Kharkov Regional State Administration to dummy companies,” said Bougslavets.

In the report, published on the pro-Ukrainian news outlet Ukrainska Pravda, Boguslavets explained that local officials had been embezzling millions meant to fortify the province against Russian forces.

[url=https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/28/world/europe/ukraine-corruption-defense.html]Source

Officials at the defense company, Lviv Arsenal, attempted to siphon off 1.5 billion Ukrainian hryvnias, or $40 million, from the state budget that had been designated for the purchase of 100,000 mortar rounds, said the intelligence agency, the Security Service of Ukraine. The Defense Ministry cooperated in the investigation, which implicated some of its current and former senior officials, the intelligence agency, known as S.B.U., said in a statement.

Source

A senior Ukrainian army official accused of embezzling more than a million dollars worth of funds meant to buy military food has been detained, investigators said Thursday.

The suspect, named by Ukrainian media outlets as Oleksandr Kozlovsky, worked as head of a military department that procured food for Ukrainian Soldiers.

"From 2022 to 2023, the official acquired unsubstantiated assets for almost 58 million hryvnia (1.5 million U.S. dollars)," the State Bureau of Investigation said.

I am sure I could find more...but that is enough to show if you aren't reading about it...its because you don't want to...

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

"A new report from Martina Boguslavets, a chairwoman for the Ukrainian anti-corruption group Mezha, revealed that millions of dollars meant to fund the fortification of the Kharkov province in Ukraine were stolen by officials."

So, Ukraine is actually doing something to go after corruption?

Good, no?

(post by watchitburn removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Some people are trying, however it seens to me the majority are stuffing their pockets whenever they think they'll get away with it.

It also kind of blows up the narrative you and others keep trying to push about barely any of the money actually going to Ukraine in the form of cash or accessible bank accounts. Just in the 3 instances I posted over 200 million was embezzled...

I just wonder how long it will be before some radical group gets ahold of some javelins. Ukraine is one of the worlds largest black market arms traders. I've already read stories about weapons being found on the black market that have come from the military aid they've been given.

End of the day I think our involvement in this is not in the nations best interest...I think its in the ruling classes best interest.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Post some evidence then?

The constant narrative seems to be Zelensky is pocketing billions

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Are you trying to go in circles on purpose or did you just not read the post you just replied to? There is literally 3 examples I just posted links for that account for over 200 million in cash embezzled.

I posted evidence are you going to refute it domehow with some evidence of your own or can we finally agree that yes US dollars do go to Ukraine...and they are stealing from it in not so insignificant amounts.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I am sure I could find more...but that is enough to show if you aren't reading about it...its because you don't want to...

And you aren't even reading the posts you're replying to. I posted about the Lviv Arsenal affair and you're going on about it again saing I don't want to read about it. None of the examples you and I posted involve the foreign military aid.

It also kind of blows up the narrative you and others keep trying to push about barely any of the money actually going to Ukraine in the form of cash or accessible bank accounts. Just in the 3 instances I posted over 200 million was embezzled...

Yes but the cash was in hryvnias. Since when have Americans been sending hryvnias to Ukraine? You're sure you're for real?

You provided no evidence that the embezzled funds came from abroad.
edit on 16-5-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

Well you did say this in the post I replied to right?

I haven't read about any corruption case that would involve foreign military aid. Anyway, Ukraine hardly ever gets cash, rather equipment and ammunition. Sure, it could be illegally sold but I have yet to see the evidence for that.

The articles I posted clearly refute that and you saying...

You provided no evidence that the embezzled funds came from abroad.

Leads me to believe you either didn't read the articles I posted or you are being disingenuous on purpose.

The cash being in hryvnias is because it is converted from USD to their currecy. How do you think the embezzling goes...it gets shuffled around from its original accounts into shell companies and then off shore. Or in the case of physical supplies sold for cash on the black market.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: watchitburn

Any evidence for Ukraine being the most corrupt country in Europe or is that just more Russian propaganda?

This index ranks it the 4th most corrupt out of 42 European countries.

So not THE most corrupt but the overall point doesn't depend on them being #1 in corruption. And keep in mind this ranking is at the end of 2023, after almost 2 years of Western whitewashing of all those problems.

If you know how to do a Google search by date, search for news articles before Feb 2022 about corruption in Ukraine. You'll find many. If you don't know how to do that, ask. It's very easy.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join