It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons Why RATS Should be Free

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Why does RATS need access and subscription "fees" when the fees are points, and not money? Its not like Simon and SO make a living off RATS fees. Just make it free!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If it were Free then GoogleBots and other bots could spider its way through it. And its there for the opposite reason, to keep bots OUT.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
If it were Free then GoogleBots and other bots could spider its way through it. And its there for the opposite reason, to keep bots OUT.

whats is in there that is so important?!?!?!?!?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

We talk about our domination of the Earth and enslavement of all Human Kind of course.

Oh crap...now theyre gonna come after me. We talk about bunnys, and ways to make money off of them. Yes...yes of course. Bunnys.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The idea, I think, is to find out.

There are no reasons. It's a pay-per section because it allows for REALLY Abovetopsecret stuff to be posted, stuff you wouldn't want other people who aren't worthy to see with ease. It has it's purposes.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It's not the content, it's the concept.

A place you can safely post inside information or research.

It's neither brimming nor overly active. But it's there if you need it.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

whats is in there (RATS) that is so important?!?!?!?!?

I'm suprised that you haven't run into this before. Zzub and Netchicken leaked some of the content once before. I'll repost it here in case you can't find it yourself.

Here is a screencap of some of the older topics. Although not talked up as much there are still some gems in this group.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
RATS is free. You get paid points for having fun discussions. Your points are worth diddly squat. Unless Rant can pick up chicks in a bar who are impressed by his points and post count on ATS

I hardly make the points to keep subscribed now but i bought the last months worth to check in nothing much has changed and theres no big secrets unveiled.

I guess if you really want to pay for outlandish conspiricies you could buy all David Ickes books, otherwise suck it up and spend your points.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I forgot to add how special I feel when I peek inside RATS and dont post so nobody knows I was there.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by MrDead]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I think its not really worth to spend your "Money" for RATS, I "wasted" 5000 points for this. I never do it again, anyway I leave in a month so the FBI kicked me out of my office.
I can´t access the forum without my Special-Agent card. If anyone want to buy mine (a copy), contact me via u2u or check eBay.

btw...LOL dbates
the thread manipulator

RATS shouldn´t be free, because its a good posting motivation for newcomers...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead
Your points are worth diddly squat. Unless Rant can pick up chicks in a bar who are impressed by his points and post count on ATS.

Suprisingly, no. No I can't. It's quite confounding.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I only got 1 thousand points... i need 4 thousand more...

i am so poor.

T.T

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The main reason people should STOP tring to change ATS.

Its not your site!

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Your points are worth diddly squat. Unless Rant can pick up chicks in a bar who are impressed by his points and post count on ATS

Wow... Someone's bitter.

The purpose of RATS, as pretty much everyone has said, is so that info can be posted in confidence that search engines won't be able to pick it up.

The price is worth it though... It keeps the members who are consistant at posting in there if they want to be. Once you pay the initial fee, it's pretty easy to pay the monthly fee. Need a hint how to get points? Try ATSNN...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Dont try and change something that you do not control. Either face the music or get out the kitchen. Sorry for the rudeness, but im sick and tired of members crying about RATs.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Your points are worth diddly squat. Unless Rant can pick up chicks in a bar who are impressed by his points and post count on ATS

Wow... Someone's bitter.

The purpose of RATS, as pretty much everyone has said, is so that info can be posted in confidence that search engines won't be able to pick it up.

The price is worth it though... It keeps the members who are consistant at posting in there if they want to be. Once you pay the initial fee, it's pretty easy to pay the monthly fee. Need a hint how to get points? Try ATSNN...

Not bitter, just trying to make funny
I like the points system, it rewards people who post

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Dont try and change something that you do not control. Either face the music or get out the kitchen. Sorry for the rudeness, but im sick and tired of members crying about RATs.

geee... i was just playing around, besides i am in no hurry and i like the point system, it make new members more active.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I hear the sounds of smooches on arse cheeks already.

There is nothing wrong with trying to better ATS through pubic discussion- perhaps you lot would rather we all just towed the Party line around here?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Your points are worth diddly squat. Unless Rant can pick up chicks in a bar who are impressed by his points and post count on ATS.

Suprisingly, no. No I can't. It's quite confounding.

Funny, it works just fine for me. I go around telling people that I earned 65,000 points this year (I don't call them points though- call them million dollars). Getting them isn't really the problem. Getting them to go home in the wreck I call my truck is the problem. Nobody seems to believe that a millionaire would keep a 94 Ford for sentimental value.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
RATS is nothing too great, I occasionally take a peak to see if any of my threads are replied to or if I am just curious if there is any thing interesting.

Try to make some news posts on ATSNN and you'll get 750 per submission

Good luck!

BTW, I used to bitch about RATS too, but I earned if fair and square.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join