It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA ufo files: Lithuanian June 96

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   
CIA website

Here’s an interesting one.

Pulsing orb shrinking and expanding close to ground.

Grass flattened.

Cops and "vehicle loads" of military respond and watch it for half an hour.

Strange energy crackling sound.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm going with the St. Emo's fire explanation.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This debunks the railroad footage….

Seeing is not always believing……..it’s hard to trust what’s seen these days.

👽
edit on 10-4-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

That is not the incident referenced and the creator of that has admitted it is CGI,…

…as Ophiuchus1 said.

edit on 10-4-2024 by pianopraze because: Deleted edit

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Also MIT's wind tunnel experiments explain that ground structures and or trees may cause the process of St. Elmo's fire or plasma coronal discharge, and considering this sighting was on the border with military personnel, it is safe to assume there were ground structures/towers. As well the weather on that day was cloudy. Whether or not they were storm clouds is not mentioned.

weatherspark.com...
edit on q00000033430America/Chicago1111America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It was watched for 30 minutes by police. Was stable hovering, then shot of quickly.

Definitely not ball lightning which is utter ridiculous attempt at debunk if you read the material.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

It was watched for 30 minutes by police. Was stable hovering, then shot of quickly.

Definitely not ball lightning which is utter ridiculous attempt at debunk if you read the material.

The incident report does not tell us much, so I'm not sure how anyone can determine what it is without any facts. I was just trying to figure out the most probable explanation considering this one theory of weather phenomenon. What is your theory?
edit on q00000041430America/Chicago4040America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You are compile false in your framing. I’m for debunking but not throwing crap at wall to cover up.

1. Ball-lightning does not hang 60-100 feet in the air stationary pulsing growing larger and smaller.

2. It does not remain stationary for 30minutes. Then shoot off.

3. It does not flatten 30 foot radius circle from 60 feet away.

4. It does not intelligently respond to approach of officers

I do not know what it is, but it is not ball lightning.

Non human tech or top secret human tech malfunctioning would be my guesses.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You are compile false in your framing. I’m for debunking but not throwing crap at wall to cover up.

1. Ball-lightning does not hang 60-100 feet in the air stationary pulsing growing larger and smaller.

2. It does not remain stationary for 30minutes. Then shoot off.

3. It does not flatten 30 foot radius circle from 60 feet away.

4. It does not intelligently respond to approach of officers

I do not know what it is, but it is not ball lightning.

Non human tech or top secret human tech malfunctioning would be my guesses.

My main point was that it could be weather/atmospheric electrical, plasma, microwave etc. phenomenon which are fields of study where little is still known and St. Elmo's fire is not ball lightning. The video title specifically names it to be St. Elmo's fire, which is where I was going with that theory, not ball lightning. If my choice of video was wrong, then I apologize but it was only for a visual comparison nothing else.

The crackling sound of the phenomenon would lead me to believe it is some sort of natural atmospheric phenomenon. It is a shame that even back in 1996 the methods of investigation for these types of phenomenon were so lacking in scope.
edit on q00000018430America/Chicago3838America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You brought up video, was not in cia info.

All descriptions of both phenomena widely depart from observed unknown phenomenon or craft.

Alien tech? Non human earth tech? Secret earth tech? Hell, even alien being from differing evolutionary paradigms such as from gas giant or different dimension… sure. But no way does it match your posits.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You brought up video, was not in cia info.

All descriptions of both phenomena widely depart from observed unknown phenomenon or craft.

Alien tech? Non human earth tech? Secret earth tech? Hell, even alien being from differing evolutionary paradigms such as from gas giant or different dimension… sure. But no way does it match your posits.

The crackling sound does not depart from the theory of weather phenomenon in my opinion.

join