It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Solar Eclipse 2024 as Seen from Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Footage has been released from GOES-16 (Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite) that shows time-lapse of the Moon's shadow transit our Planet like some kind of giant space bug.

How ISS Astronouts saw it

And as seen by a Starlink satellite.

And yeah I didn't know Starlink satellites had cameras on them either , wonder if they're monitored.

edit on 9-4-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
And yeah I didn't know Starlink satellites had cameras on them either , wonder if they're monitored.

Neither did I and I kinda like to think I know these things! Funny there must be a reason they didn't disclose this or have a live feed on those...

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Therealbeverage

I would assume the camera is to be able to check on the satellite itself more so than looking out at things.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The type of cameras aboard Starlink satellites are primarily for mission assurance purposes - like to monitor separation events and spacecraft health - and therefore don't require a NOAA license, per an agency spokesman pointing to 15 CFR ยง 960.2 (b). Oct 6, 2022

Cool videos Gortex. Thanks for sharing. In the un-totality viewing lane, we were sooooo disappointed. Not even a hint of darkness even though it was supposed to be 50-70%, according to some sources. Even with heavy cloud cover, we should have noticed something different in the outside lighting but nah. Same old, same old.

posted on Apr, 9 2024 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I was there in Indianapolis for the eclipse. Some high filmy cirrus clouds but they were no problem for the event.

I noticed the light was getting a bit weak and funny about 15 minutes before totality. Then at about 15 seconds out the light went away then the corona appeared. Also the sun was flanked by Jupiter and Venus. And a couple of other stars as well. The darkness lasted for about 2-3 minutes then the sun peaked around the corner of the moon. The light was like car headlights in the middle of the night. Then the stars winked out and the light came back.

But yeah, the greens seemed greener and the reds seems redder just before and after the eclipse.

Sister's kid got this.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex The Eclipse was awesome, I was in the path of totality in Ohio for about 4 minutes!!!

join