It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JESUS was in Mental Anguish the Night Before GOOD FRIDAY...Having Second Thoughts Perhaps?.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

originally posted by: Astrocometus
a reply to: WeMustCare

All I know is it would take a God to do what he did.

Because men are cowards.

First of all, if Jesus is God, then why was he praying to himself?🤷🏻

"Why am I forsaking myself?" Is pretty much what he's asking if you believe he's God.

There are nuances to the concept of the Trinity that our mortal minds cannot comprehend. That's the only answer you need. If you don't want to accept it, that your problem.

Who TF are you to tell me what I need and should be content with? If you're a Christian, you sure aren't acting like one.

Tell me what faith you follow so I can avoid it and in turn avoid becoming like you. Thanks in advance.

It's simple fact. The Trinity is one of the mysteries of the Christian faith, one of those things that is - at least for now - beyond our comprehension. The incarnation, the kenosis, etc., are things that we accept to be beyond the ability of a finite created mind to fully grasp.

To comprehend all of these things fully would essentially be to be like God, and that is the desire and the lie that got us into this predicament in the first place.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The point was that He went through with it, despite having obvious clear prior knowledge of what was going to happen.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

The point was that He went through with it, despite having obvious clear prior knowledge of what was going to happen.

TRUE. Jesus carried through with his assigned mission.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I just returned from attending GOOD FRIDAY church service.

Amazingly, I'm only now seeing the similarities and commonalities between how Leaders turned against Jesus Christ, after being his friend, and how leaders turned against Donald Trump, after being his friend.

A real EYE OPENER of a service tonight!

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Thanks for the response but I ask for no scripture as it doesn't provide the answers to what I enquire.

Absurd to ask someone to speak from their own mind using their own words? Hmm you are right, in this day and age that is absurd.

I'll leave you to your sermon, it is not for me. This God who smites does not like those who do not worship it, for valid reason.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HighEQ

That is your decision. You reject an offer of unmerited grace, demanding to make and live by your own rules.

We'll see how that works out for you.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I don't think it has been mentioned yet in the thread, but Jesus lived a sinless life.

1 Peter 2:21-24 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously: Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Jesus said during His ministry that if you look on a woman to lust after her you have already committed adultery with her in your heart (Matthew 5:27-28). Thus you are guilty of sin.

Conclusion: He did not think a selfish thought.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Whilst I am not Christian you'd be surprised that we do agree on something: That there is a malevolent and benevolent force. Only difference is Christians call them God and Satan, I don't have names for them nor do I know if they are are single entities.

I have experienced both up close and personal: I have 'evidence'. But you should not believe me because you don't know me, I could be lying. That is what I suggest always, for people not to believe anything unless they have their own experience.

I know how this will work out for me because... well, that is how I know they exist.

I am not Christian (or of any particular belief) yet I was shown these forces exist. I'm not special, I'm sure it has happenened to others.

I do not live by my own rules. You and other Christians would think of me as evil and bad just because I am not Christian but you'd be very wrong in that assumption.

I have experienced religion and I have experienced evil in it. It is definitely not somewhere I would put my time and energy. But, that's just me, we are all different and must learn things for ourselves.
If it makes you a better person it has merit.

So thank you for the concern in my welfare, I mean that sincerely. I am comfortable with my choices.
edit on 30-3-2024 by HighEQ because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2024 by HighEQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Actually, that isn't accurate. As an omniscient and omnipresent eternal being, God doesn't dwell in a unidirectional chronological construct like we do

Don't tell me, pal, take it up with Him.

Here are a few places in the Bible where He changes His mind, often regrettting his earlier actions: Genesis 6:6–7, 1 Samuel 15:11, 2 Samuel 24:16, Psalms 106:45.

'Unidirectional chronological construct,' eh. Sure it isn't supercalifragilisticexpialadocious as well?

edit on 30/3/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
... 'Unidirectional chronological construct,' eh. Sure it isn't supercalifragilisticexpialadocious as well?

Sorry about that. Big words seem to make you uncomfortable.

:
edit on 2024 3 30 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
MICROSOFT does not have any Easter emoticons beyond what you see here...

EDGE Browser - Right Click - Choose Emojis - Type "Easter" or any word associated with Easter and you get...

"Easter" yields: 🐰🐣🐥

"Jesus" yields:

"crucify" yields:

"devil" yields: 😈👿

Bill Gates and his subsequent CEO's are obviously loyal to SATAN.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Big words seem to make you uncomfortable.

Here's one I like a lot: sesquipedalian

And here's another:malapropist

edit on 30/3/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Pastor Graham hits President Biden hard, for proclaiming this Easter is also Transsexual celebration day.

Source: gettr.com...

The REAL Joe Biden is coming into clear focus, now that we're just 8 months from deciding if we (Americans) want to keep, or jettison this man as our President.

edit on 3032024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Easter Sunday, March 31, 2024

What would Jesus Christ say about this?

The Leader of the United States of America (President Biden), promotes Transgenderism, over Jesus Christ Rising from the dead to save the soul of Humans.

Source: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Would Jesus just shrug it off as an action coming from an Old Man who is failing Cognitively?

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Easter Sunday, March 31, 2024

What would Jesus Christ say about this?

The Leader of the United States of America (President Biden), promotes Transgenderism, over Jesus Christ Rising from the dead to save the soul of Humans.

Source: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Would Jesus just shrug it off as an action coming from an Old Man who is failing Cognitively?

At this point, I really don't think that he'd care. It's like when a fly buzzes a bulll; it means nothing.

The nation - its culture, its morality - has gone so far down the tubes that I think it's become essentially irrelevant. Have you read Romans 1:18-32? That, I believe, is where we are. The society has basically been turned over to pursue its own lusts and perversions without restraint. This always leads to death.

Divine judgement is more often passive rather than active.

Romans 1:18-22 --
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It seems to me that the OP was a good one. About Jesus' death, and it was a good reminder, and the OP made some honest soul-searching questions which I was grateful for. It seems pointless to sit here and argue about the nature of who Jesus is in such a thread. It is pointless in any respect. I know Jesus would never want people to argue over himself. He wasn't like that. He was always ready to make a witness, but knew when to stop. For example, even when he was about to die and was standing before Pilate he gave a bold witness to Pilate and Pilate's response was: "What is truth?" in a skeptical manner, showing he wasn't inclined to listen to the son of God expound on spiritual truths to him. Jesus didn't press the matter but respected the man's wishes:

"So Pilate said to him: “Well, then, are you a king?” Jesus answered: “You yourself are saying that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is on the side of the truth listens to my voice.” Pilate said to him: “What is truth?”-John 18:37-38.

What an honor Pilate had to have Jesus boldly give him a witness, that if he would have taken the time to listen to, would have changed his life. But like too many he simply ignored it. And God gives us the freewill to do just that. No one is forced to KNOW truth. But it is there. A person just needs to have a receptive heart. And arguing will never engender a receptive heart. Kindness and respect and love may do so.

To those who say that God is unknowable please remember Jesus' words:

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ."-John 17:3.

All who will attain everlasting life must come to know the one true God Jehovah. So he is knowable. He is not the mystery unknowable God of Christendom. He is the true God of the Bible the Creator of both heaven and earth, and his name is Jehovah. And his only-begotten (that is created) son is Jesus Christ. One must come to KNOW both the Father and the son in order to gain everlasting life.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join