It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the admissibility of torturing terrorists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Lazy88

Take a mash hammer to someone's fingers and they will tell you anything you wish to hear.

No pun intended but its a hit-and-miss scenario, as you suggest, people will do anything, say anything, to stop the pain.

So asking questions under penalty of more torture tends to yield the answers you wish to hear.

Brainwashing and hypnosis are other more fruitful ways to get information.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

In that instance, the person silly enough to be doing the thievery was a junkie and already somewhat brainwashed and hypnotized by addiction.

As to hypnosis, i would have though hypnosis typically requires a certain level of willingness or cooperation from the individual being hypnotized.

That being said i really dont know much about the subject bar the odd trip to the likes of Peter Powers many moons ago.

Now where brainwashing is concerned, would that not at least require a modicum of time?

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 11:09 PM
link   

In that instance, the person silly enough to be doing the thievery was a junkie and already somewhat brainwashed and hypnotized by addiction.

As to hypnosis, i would have though hypnosis typically requires a certain level of willingness or cooperation from the individual being hypnotized.

That being said i really dont know much about the subject bar the odd trip to the likes of Peter Powers many moons ago.

Now where brainwashing is concerned, would that not at least require a modicum of time?

A drugged person will be easier to use persuasion.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

a reply to: Lazy88

Take a mash hammer to someone's fingers and they will tell you anything you wish to hear.

No pun intended but its a hit-and-miss scenario, as you suggest, people will do anything, say anything, to stop the pain.

So asking questions under penalty of more torture tends to yield the answers you wish to hear.

Brainwashing and hypnosis are other more fruitful ways to get information.

Does it take a long time? ie. several sessions over several days?

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Persuasion to do what?

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Influencing a person to be able to hypnotize them and plant suggestions. drugged out peoples inhibitions are very low in comparison to a non drugged out person.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 04:08 AM
link   

But they have already committed the horrendous act of depravity.

Not that torture is any better but the horse is already out the gate so to speak.

A little late for hypnotizing them or planting suggestions.

And again time would be a factor of concern.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 02:20 AM
link   

But they have already committed the horrendous act of depravity.

Not that torture is any better but the horse is already out the gate so to speak.

A little late for hypnotizing them or planting suggestions.

And again time would be a factor of concern.

But they could have information on OTHERS. Or you could make them get rid of their own people somehow.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I mean i get what you are suggesting.

But in this instance i really can't see how it could have been of much use.

As soon as those scummy bastards were apprehended anybody and everyone with any connection to the mass murders they perpetrated would have disappeared or gone underground.

Because they know full well what would be in the post.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join