It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The West is in a state of psychosis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   
These threads are now becoming hilarious. I don’t know anybody that is scared of Russia personally. I think the psychosis might rest closer to home RT, you know, with those who think Adolf Putin won in a fair and democratic election. There is nothing to fear about Russia. Threats of nuclear strikes are a pathetic joke made by a weak man. He knows what would happen and isn’t about to bring that hell down on himself.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Interesting stuff. I've never heard of the Munich Security Index.

It's a German based organization and it appears they put out information on countries view of global risks. This is based on questions to people and the data is the result of the table OP provided.

The Munich Security Index (MSI) is a dataset on global risk perceptions built by the MSC and Kekst CNC. The latest addition to our Munich Security Report, it provides an in-depth view of how G7 and B(R)ICS countries as well as Ukraine view global risks. The MSI consists of a core index of questions on risks perceptions, which are posed annually and can thus be traced over time, and a set of additional questions relevant to security policy that may vary from year to year.

securityconference.org...#:~:text=The%20Munich%20Security%20Index%20(MSI,as%20Ukraine%20view%20global%20ri sks.

Instead of attacking the OP, why not read about this data, how and why it's compiled and why it may be important. This isn't the first year the report has been published. From their site, it's been publishing the same type of data since 2020 and there is other information as well.

I thought you were all about denying ignorance. We don't all have to like each other but we should give an honest investigation into threads here. It's just basically a poll. NOT put out by Russia but by Germany.

And here's our favorite VP at the conference in 2024.

What is the Munich Security Index 2024?

What is the purpose of the Munich Security Conference?

It provides a venue for official and non-official diplomatic initiatives and ideas to address the world's most pressing security concerns. The MSC also offers protected space for informal meetings between officials and thus – as its original motto has it – build peace through dialogue.

edit on th31202400000031bTue, 19 Mar 2024 18:20:24 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

While I seldom responded with my last account here on ATS, I equally seldom agreed with your posts. This time, you are mostly spot on IMO.

Russia IS a threat to the United States, and so is China. So too are we to both of them. That's just the nature of being the big kids on the block. However, while it is in each other's best interest to remain vigilant and ready to fight, it is also foolish to live in a perpetual state of animosity or fear.

By and large, American pioneered propaganda was the basis for Nazi and Soviet style propaganda. How many decades have we had in the west to hone these techniques? How advanced had our technology become to disseminate propaganda.

Half of us don't even know how to define what a woman is, and they don't understand the sheer absurdity in it. The worst part is the Trans issue is such a small and more obvious piece of the propaganda machine. Most of it is much more sinister. It's coming to a point where the west is eating itself alive as a culture. It's a complete cultural deterioration.

My concern is not any of the things you mentioned. My concern is for the collapse of our societal morals, sensibility, and values, and it is for the inevitable rise of authoritarian and tyrannical power in western civilization which will proceed our cultural deterioration. Hopefully, the latter will occur a couple hundred years from now.

Still, that's a concern. It is not fear or worry. As long as Christ is King it ultimately is a moot point what happens to me on this Earth.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Free speech and media leads to more fear when a lot of scary things are going on.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MBakhtin

The alternative being what you don't know can't hurt you.

The thing is that's just not true.

As ignorance or lack of knowledge generally leads to harmful or negative outcomes.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

The us has went totally nuts they want us to fear everything and fight to distract us

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Hello ATS!

According to surveys, 60-70% of residents of Western countries are afraid of Russia (they see a risk/threat in my country). About the same number and slightly less in the West are afraid of global warming, the economic crisis, terrorism, migrants, racism, cyber attacks, civil war, nuclear weapons and much more. In normal countries, like China and India, they are practically not afraid of Russia, and in general the level of fear is noticeably lower.

Munich Security Conference 2024, at the beginning of which the so-called “Security Index” is published - a summary of surveys “who is more afraid of what in which countries.”

Well, the numbers show that the most intense fear and panic is in the G7 countries. There they are very afraid of almost everything.

In China, the situation is diametrically opposite.

That is, the propaganda media actually and effectively keep the population of the so-called West in a state of induced psychosis, whipping up horrors and horrors through all available channels. The Chinese authorities, in turn, effectively protect citizens from going into a faint state from the density of scarecrows in the media.

I would also try to calculate the correlation of this with the industrial and scientific and technical activity index. Something tells me that citizens who are freaked out by “everything is bad around them, there are threats from everywhere” work much worse and invent something worse. It seems to me that a person in psychosis is, in principle, incapable of producing something necessary and positive.

I observe this phenomenon in practice on our forum. I just want to say to those in a state of panic and hatred of people: “Calm down, turn on your brain, critical and logical thinking, and live calmly and happily.”

Thank you.

The other day my wife and I had a very serious conversation about moving out of the United States. This country is losing its mind and nobody will do anything about it.

We talked about a lot of different countries but Russia stands out to us. They are religious, conservative, and value the family unit. Things that are all starting to fail in the West. Depending on this next election we might have some hard decisions to make about whether our future is in the West or the East.

We are going to visit first a few times but we had an honest conversation and we both really like what Russia has to offer.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Opossum19

He who slices the pie holds the knife.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

"whoever smelt it dealt it".

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I don't like cliches. A cliche to me is like a red rag to a bull....

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Well with that one buddy, you would probably be better with some air freshener than a red rag.

Thats what RT does all the same with his Russian propaganda pieces, that being waving red rags at bulls.

Plain as day really and for all to see.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes, like that.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

Kind of an oversimplification all the same given the number of different aromas doing the rounds.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MBakhtin
Free speech and media leads to more fear when a lot of scary things are going on.

That's right, blame it on the media...It's not like you don't have 5k of alternatives; everything from stormfront and gttr to Raw Story and CNN. When you only read what confirms your bias, that's the way it looks.

We need more media and FREE SPEACH, NOT LESS!!

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Huh? I'm not saying it's bad, I like having free media

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MemeLord

In casual conversation, I am hearing this more and more. People want a safe place to live. They want affordable housing and lifestyles. The US is being overrun, people are more fearful than ever, even of our own government agencies. Seeing what is happening to Trump, it is apparent that we live in a banana republic. And nothing is stopping it. There is no correction.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Have you not already lost if if it's only worth contemplating the ills of society when they affect a figure head?

People have always struggled and had the odds stacked against them, I can understand ignorance until it happens to someone close to you but until it happens to a leader?

That's cult of personality stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join