It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Role Of The Western Media In Promoting Global War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 05:29 AM
link   
A global cull of the human population is underway. War is one of the methods used. For war to occur masses of ill-informed people have to be whipped up into an unthinking frenzy.

The Western media did a very good job of enabling the disastrous Iraq invasion. Who would have participated without the barrage of propaganda we saw prior to the 'mission'?

We are now seeing very mixed messages on the fairness of the Russian Election.

Reports had earlier alleged that Ukrainians in territories occupied by the Russian military were forced to vote in the presidential election under the watch of heavily armed, masked soldiers.

According to the reports, the armed security forces were accompanying election officials going from house to house, knocking on doors as they sought to compel people to vote in the election.

However, speaking at a press conference in Danbass on Monday, some of the observers and journalists said the reports were untrue.

Clarisse Wiydorven, an African journalist who claimed to have visited Donbass at least three times during the polls, countered the reports by Western media outlets, stressing that the election was peaceful in Donbass.

According to Clarisse, the reports have “raised questions about the Western media’s role in promoting global peace and democracy through unbiased news reporting”.
dailypost.ng...

UK foreign secretary David Cameron said: “Putin removes his political opponents, controls the media and then crowns himself the winner. This is not democracy.”
www.ft.com...

What does ATS say on the subject? Is it going to be worthwhile acting on the words of the Western media? How did it work out last time?

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If I was living in Russia I would vote for Putin. It's a tough job, he is doing well, don't mess with a running machine.

As for the media, same crowd that ignored all the voting irregularities in the USA 2020 election? Same crowd that pushed the jab as safe and effective? Same crowd captured by corporate welfare and beholden to certain agendas if they want to get paid?

Is Dominion in Russia or are they still using paper ballots there? Perhaps if the West was successful in stealing the Russian election, then the media would be going on about how fair it is.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 06:11 AM
link   

What does ATS say on the subject? Is it going to be worthwhile acting on the words of the Western media? How did it work out last time?

The western media is mostly owned by private individuals across a broad political spectrum, and the same can be said across social media too. The east with the likes of Russian and China tend to be owned by the state and the government 'tells' you what to believe.
In the west we can follow any that tends to our political leaning or try to read a broader scope to try to get a more balanced view.
Even if i don't fully believe them, I know which I believe more!
edit on 19-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
If I was living in Russia I would vote for Putin. I

You'd pretty much have to ... since he jails or kills the real opposition.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Cameron is the new Tony Blair

As to our MSM/Press..... less said the better.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

Big fat ironic idiot David Cameron with that quote.
I guess he forgot that he wasn't elected in any form and that our Prime Minister Roland Rat made him a Lord to get him in his cabinet.
Not to mention the covid scam where the Tory government paid msm to push their narrative and only their narrative.
Clown world with the PPE graduate clowns running the West,destroying it one step at a time.Sick,sick people.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Which part of what he said isn't true?

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

And yet the Canadian government says there are only a few trusted news sources. Those sources agree with the Canadian government. Funny how that works...

Gotta control the spread of dis/misinformation.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: WannabeeAuCourant
a reply to: Kurokage

And yet the Canadian government says there are only a few trusted news sources. Those sources agree with the Canadian government. Funny how that works...

Gotta control the spread of dis/misinformation.

Yeah, but you're still free to pick and choose which ones you want to read. In Russian and China, not so much...

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Is it possible to have completely unbiased media reporting? Honest question. Unless the report is something like," It rained and the ground is now wet", won't personal dogma and bias leak into most all reporting? Most writing requires descriptors and emphatics to grab the attention of the target audience, lest the reporting has the taste of plain white toast, however, as soon as one uses those tools you run the risk of bias leaking in.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Mostly, the news is what it is and most folk can see if is being spun.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: WannabeeAuCourant

Well, the Canadian government runs disinformation operations to 'guide' discussion on the internet, so no real surprise.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Mostly, the news is what it is and most folk can see if is being spun.

Ah, as long as is meets most folks confirmation bias then most folks believe that "the news is what it is". Otherwise it must be propaganda.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Multiple sources for news are available.

Some facts reported are obviously real, any spin on them can be seen thru.

No point in throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
edit on 19-3-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What does ATS say on the subject? Is it going to be worthwhile acting on the words of the Western media?

Russian kool-aid tastes like chalk. And I'm sick of it being sold at our supermarkets. Our markets with the crappy shopping carts, that aren't coin operated, and get stolen by homeless people.

There are no mixed messages on the Russian election. It's the Russian and Chinese State media's opinion, and the rest of the western world's opinion.

Russia is not a democracy, it's what's called "executive dominance" or an "elective dictatorship." It's similar to elective monarchy in that you elect a person who can unilaterally rule by "executive rule".

In this model, the most charactistic trait is a single dominant party and leader in which all puppet legislators are an extension of, and their positions are always in favor of the elected dominant. They are bootlickers. *hint*

And I don't need Western Media to tell me anything. All I see is one king and three token opposition candidates told to get just enough votes to avoid looking like a yes and no question.

They are APPROVED opposition candidates. And there is nothing democratic about it.

How did it work out last time?

You mean with our media that's so free the right side of bias political opinion can wage philosophical war against the bias left - that tries to insert a "ministry of truth" only to have the right side destroy that attempt.

We have the politics we do because our spectrum of media is allowed to say, "The democrats are a globalist elite of vax pushing, election stealing, child blood drinking Satanists" and the other side can really say is, "No they're not, you lie and spread misinformation"

And they might respond, "Oh, are you gonna go insert a ministry of truth now?"

Then maybe they go try some legislation that fails.

And that's a key difference between Eastern state media and Western free media.

People aren't intimidated into wanting Trump to play EO dictator for a day, they came to that conclusion from a media so free and ultimately uncensored, one half of the country literally wants to take some of that freedom away, because their opinion is also so free, they feel too much bias or deceptive opinion is destructive when unregulated.

My opinion is that a savvy narcissist politician used misinformation about the election to keep himself relevant.

If he proves he truly believes it, he can challenge anything he wants. And I can only say he did it to be deceptive and stay relevant. And call out whatever I want, because I have actual freedoms to do so.

So, let us know when Russia splits in half simply because there's so much freedom people take completely polarized opinions of reality.

edit on 19-3-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   
the question makes no sense. we are not in anything resembling global war.

the only real war today in Russia and Ukraine, and the media has condemned that from the beginning, aside from a few Putin mouthpieces.

I am troubled by the media's condemnation of Israel. There seems to be little memory of what Hamas has done.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Food for thought: If there were no wars, humankind would be extinct from over-population.

Remove wars and diseases, we'll be extinct in less than 500 years. ☠

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

But how often do we see multiple outlets pushing a particular narrative rather than an objective truth?

Russiagate
Hunters laptop
Israeli occupation
Blackface kid at K.C.Chiefs game
Lacrosse players raping Tawanda Brawley

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Well, I didn't see most of that as I'm not in the US?

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

My point is, the mass media will promote with great enthusiasm any cause celeb they deem worthy while making anything against their narrative as unappetizing as possible for public consumption.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join