It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parler Dead for Three Years Still Haunts My Inbox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I find it strange that a social media company that has been offline since January 2021 still sends me newsletters via the email account I used with them. Here is the address, "[email protected]".

So I looked into Parler again and found this tidbit on Wikipedia . . .

Parler was acquired by the digital media conglomerate Starboard on April 14, 2023, and was shut down on the same day.[36] According to a statement by Starboard on the website's holding page, now removed, this was a temporary measure to allow the site to "undergo a strategic assessment".[37][38]

On December 15, 2023, the company was sold to a new co-owner group consisting of Ryan Rhodes, Elise Pierotti and Jaco Booyens. Ryan Rhodes was appointed CEO.[39] A 2024 relaunch was hinted at by the new ownership soon after the company purchase. In January 2024, the company's external social media outlets officially restarted operations to announce the relaunch. The platform itself remains inaccessible, but the website has been restored.

I guess Parlor never gave up the ghost and might be raised from the dead soon.

I've always liked Parler and how they fought the good fight to stay in operation when they got heat for free speech and Jan. 6th. I was seriously pissed when it shut down and I was now left with Gab Social, one I rarely look at. To me, the struggle Parler went through seemed to echo what was happening to President Trump.
edit on 3/16/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

I will get weird emails from an old friends account that died 15 years ago.
His email must of been hacked or something.
Because it’s always some ad for something.
But it’s still a trip when you see the name of someone dead in your inbox.

Perhaps it’s the same issue with the Parler

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I checked out the domain name "parlermailer" as this is the source of the newsletters I've been getting. I have found out some really interesting things.

Parler Gets Unexpected Help in Latest Comeback Bid
Blake Montgomery Former Reporter/Editor
Updated Sep. 17, 2021 10:18PM EDT / Published Sep. 17, 2021 10:12PM EDT

Parler, a social network that was driven out by Big Tech after playing an integral role in planning for the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, is apparently making a comeback using the services of a Silicon Valley giant.

The right-wing social network Parler is sending its email blasts via software made by Salesforce, the largest employer in San Francisco and the owner of the city’s biggest skyscraper.

According to domain registry records reviewed by The Daily Beast, Parler is using Salesforce Marketing Cloud, an automated email marketing product also known as ExactTarget, to send out email blasts like the one it sent Friday night with the subject line “No more being silenced.” Independent open-source researcher Max Kamin-Cross first flagged the domain records.

. . . The social network is sending the emails via the domain parlermailer.com, a domain registered and attached to Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Salesforce is Parler’s sole email marketing provider. The company signed up for Salesforce’s services in April.

Article Link

Given the above information, I found the portal page to parlermailer where you can still join it and get their newsletter.

cloud.parlermailer.com...
edit on 3/17/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Is Parler the thing that Donald Trump tried to get going when he got banned from Twitter? What's it's status? Is it still viable? I haven't heard anything about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

All I know is what I've shared here, but it appears it may make a comeback. I'll get back on it if it gets going again.

join