It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report on the Historical Record of U.S. Government Involvement with UAP: Vol 1

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: introufo2
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

The three stooges!

Seriously, sure Vallee could do it.

Or Maybe Michio Kaku...An open-minded fellow and scientist...

Kaku….is a good choice 👍🏼

👽

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I am a little bit passed the half way mark - but so far, pages 34 - 36 is where the meat and potatoes is at in bringing the reporting up to date. Nothing that we all shouldn't be familiar with by now - but still...indicates a level thoroughness and up-to-dateness I wasn't entirely expecting.

AARO researched and interviewed numerous people, programs, and leads. It has determined that modern allegations that the USG is hiding off-world technology and beings largely originate from the same group of individuals who have ties to the cancelled AAWSAP/AATIP program and a private sector organization’s paranormal research efforts. These individuals have worked with each other consistently in various UAP-related efforts.
• Persons 1-5 and Interviewees 1, 3, 9, 12, 13, and 14 have repeatedly voiced these claims in various public and private venues, and they have petitioned Congress in various capacities on UAP issues. They have not provided any empirical evidence of their claims to AARO.
• Persons 1 and 3 and Interviewees 1, 3, and 12 were involved with the paranormal research conducted under AAWSAP/AATIP.
• Person 5 and Interviewees 3, 9 and 14 were involved with the alleged crashed UAP materials that were provided to the U.S. Army and subsequently to AARO for examination.
• Persons 4, 7, and 8 and Interviewees 1, 3, and 13 investigated UAP on their own and were responsible for successfully expanding the remit of an existing IC program to include UAP exploitation language.
• AARO notes that Persons 1 and 4 never formally sat down with AARO to provide official, signed statements; these individuals have been mentioned by other interviewees frequently as sources of their claims. Person 8 held an informal interview and Interviewee 14 sat for an official interview but has not signed the memo for the record documenting this interview.

www.aaro.mil...

Not too difficult to put names to those numbers

edit on 18-3-2024 by BrucellaOrchitis because: formatting

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

As it turns out, I was well passed the half way point, many pages of references. It's a good read. Obviously, disclosure doesn't quite look how some were expecting it to look, I should imagine that that is quite disappointing. The truth can be hard and "we" have been deceived just not in the way we thought we were being deceived. Perhaps?

I look forward to volume two.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The way I look at it is, the government did lie about Roswell being a "weather balloon" when it was actually a much larger balloon train related to the Mogul project.

I don't think that much has changed today where the government can still lie to us if they feel the lie is justified. The main change I see is that a larger population is aware of this today than back in 1947, because trust in government truthfulness has fallen. This is actually discussed on page 39 of the report:

media.defense.gov...

Polling data on public trust reflects Americans’ changing views over time. According to the Pew Research Center, polling on this topic began in 1958, when about 75 percent of Americans trusted the USG “to do the right thing almost always or most of the time.” Since 2007, however, that figure has not risen above 30 percent. This lack of trust probably has contributed to the belief held by some subset of the U.S. population that the USG has not been truthful regarding knowledge of extraterrestrial craft.

So if this report had come out and said "yes we were hiding alien bodies", then people who believed that was true would say it was finally disclosure, and they would believe it whether it was actually true or not.

But those same people seeing the denial of such will just claim the report is a lie and they won't be ridiculed in general, because the majority of people now apparently have low trust in the government as the report indicates.

So for people who really want to know the truth, I think the only path is to conduct your own independent investigation, or assess the credibility of investigations done by others. I have already done this for the most prominent UAP/UFO claims over the years and came to the conclusion it was unlikely the government was hiding either aliens or alien space ships. None of the claims of such really panned out and all had severe credibility issues, especially Bob Lazar to name one witness in particular. But that whole "UFO mafia" around him like Knapp, Corbell, Bigelow and all of Bigelow's affiliates seemed to be at the center of propagating UFO stories that didn't have credibility. This is also addressed in the AARO report.

AARO researched and interviewed numerous people, programs, and leads. It has determined that modern allegations that the USG is hiding off-world technology and beings largely originate from the same group of individuals who have ties to the cancelled AAWSAP/AATIP program and a private sector organization’s paranormal research efforts.
These individuals have worked with each other consistently in various UAP-related efforts.
That doesn't name names, but we know who it's talking about, more or less.

Again independent research showed that "UFO mafia" was propagating some obvious UFO mythology even before the AARO report came out. That gawdawful skinwalker ranch poltergeist nonsense was even worse.

So when I read the AARO report, it's just confirming more or less the conclusions I already reached about the "UFO mafia" spinning myths, even before the report came out. I can't say I trust the report because I trust the government to tell the truth, because I don't. But it seems in this particular case, it doesn't seem like the report is lying. At the very least, the report is accurate when it says the evidence for all these extraordinary UAP claims is lacking, (even if some of the claims happened to be true, and the evidence was just well hidden, though that seems unlikely since it's hard to hide evidence that well).

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
The way I look at it is, the government did lie about Roswell being a "weather balloon" when it was actually a much larger balloon train related to the Mogul project.
I don't think that much has changed today where the government can still lie to us if they feel the lie is justified. The main change I see is that a larger population is aware of this today than back in 1947, because trust in government truthfulness has fallen. This is actually discussed on page 39 of the report:

Indeed and as much is self-evident on these boards as well as in mainstream media and politics.

So if this report had come out and said "yes we were hiding alien bodies", then people who believed that was true would say it was finally disclosure, and they would believe it whether it was actually true or not.
But those same people seeing the denial of such will just claim the report is a lie and they won't be ridiculed in general, because the majority of people now apparently have low trust in the government as the report indicates.

I enjoyed the write up in the Guardian...

What about the leaked UFO videos, like the one in the New York Times? Kirkpatrick says there’s not enough data to provide a definitive analysis of each one but insists that, like all the stories that came across his desk, they have mundane explanations that don’t involve space aliens. The rotating object shaped like a flying saucer is probably glare from a distant heat source. “The source could be any number of things. Even a weather balloon will give off that kind of glare if it’s got enough shiny metal on it, and the sun’s just right,” he says.
But evidence is not the point. Some will never be swayed. “There’s the absolute true belief, which would suggest it is more akin to a religion than an actual factual thing,” he says. “And those are the people that you’re never going to convince, no matter what you put in front of them. I can lay out the pictures of the classified programmes that they mistook, and they still wouldn’t believe it. They would say, ‘No, that was derived from alien technology.’”
And what if the government does eventually get its hands on aliens and their flying saucers? “It’s not their job [to keep it secret],” he says. “It would immediately get turned over to Nasa, and Nasa would immediately disclose it to everybody. That’s their job.”

www.theguardian.com...

So for people who really want to know the truth, I think the only path is to conduct your own independent investigation, or assess the credibility of investigations done by others. I have already done this for the most prominent UAP/UFO claims over the years and came to the conclusion it was unlikely the government was hiding either aliens or alien space ships.
None of the claims of such really panned out and all had severe credibility issues, especially Bob Lazar to name one witness in particular. But that whole "UFO mafia" around him like Knapp, Corbell, Bigelow and all of Bigelow's affiliates seemed to be at the center of propagating UFO stories that didn't have credibility. This is also addressed in the AARO report.

I think there is also a need to understand the context, the hows and the whys, and the circumstances that enabled this UFO mafia to operate, as well as the countless others who profit from these kinds of deceptions. That extends beyond the government, the profiteerism. All those books don’t publish themselves, all the merch doesn’t magically appear on the shelves. There has been a whole industry built up around this.

That doesn't name names, but we know who it's talking about, more or less.
Again independent research showed that "UFO mafia" was propagating some obvious UFO mythology even before the AARO report came out. That gawdawful skinwalker ranch poltergeist nonsense was even worse.

But it had a market. People want this stuff to be true, they prefer it to the reality.

So when I read the AARO report, it's just confirming more or less the conclusions I already reached about the "UFO mafia" spinning myths, even before the report came out. I can't say I trust the report because I trust the government to tell the truth, because I don't. But it seems in this particular case, it doesn't seem like the report is lying. At the very least, the report is accurate when it says the evidence for all these extraordinary UAP claims is lacking, (even if some of the claims happened to be true, and the evidence was just well hidden, though that seems unlikely since it's hard to hide evidence that well).

I think the report addresses the topic within the remit that Kirkpatrick was set. It does not address, in my opinion, not entirely, how this was allowed to happen. How the prevailing socio-political conditions enabled this level of deception. Perhaps volume 2 will address this because you don’t have to read between the lines to see fraudulent behaviour on the part of some of the un-named persons. That they were unwilling to go on the record compounds the insinuation that they knowingly deceived for personal gain. For complete transparency and accountability there is some requirement for there to be an investigation, criminal or otherwise, into the activities of these individuals. I mean, the way I read it, there was a colossal misappropriation of government funds which the report clearly outline was obtained by deception – or fraud rather. Surely, they can’t just leave that hanging there?

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Btw…..where are the politicians commenting on the latest report?

Where’s Burchett, Luna, Gaetz…..or anyone from the UAP Caucus for that matter?

Crickets and tumbleweeds?

Anyone have a link to any commenting…. post latest AARO report by any of these folks?

Btw…..Rep. Mike Gallagher….QUIT Congress suddenly effective April…….I wonder why? Did he get to close to the State’s secrets about UFO’s….perhaps his life was threatened…..my hypothetical theory of course.

👽
edit on 23-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Btw…..where are the politicians commenting on the latest report?

Where’s Burchett, Luna, Gaetz…..or anyone from the UAP Caucus for that matter?

Crickets and tumbleweeds?

Anyone have a link to any commenting…. post latest AARO report by any of these folks?

I didn't do an exhaustive search, but Burchett was busy voting against mini-buses on the 6th and Luna was up to her ears fighting against foreign control of the US pork industry. Burlison though has his eye on the ball;

“Today, my colleagues and I formally requested that the Speaker establish a select committee focused on UAP. This letter underscores the urgency in uncovering details about legacy programs, dark money financing, and the complex relationship between federal agencies and the private sector. Transparency is essential for understanding the broader implications of UAP on national security, use of taxpayer funds, and public trust.”

burlison.house.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Let’s see how this pans out……

Hear-ye….Hear-ye…. Aliens and UFO’s forum members.,,,,

From the world of UFOlogy……Who (still living) would you choose to run the AARO and why? An UNBIASED candidate is preferred (if that’s even possible).

My choice….Jacques Vallee….he’s written enough on the subject, done his own boots on the ground investigating. I will dismiss his wreckage pieces…debacle…near San Antonio New Mexico 1945 incident and give him the lessons learned benefit.

👽

Hard to go past Vallee, but sadly going by the "they dont talk to prez because their job is temporary"; Putin, that fko wont give up power to anyone and prolly had a few take as hostages for bargaining with.

Quern Elizabeth would have been my first answer if she were still "publicly" alive.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Thanks!

If this effort is going to continue to move forward…..we can’t have the interested political members start dropping out like flys…..like Gallagher for instance.

He was helping to champion the UAP effort cause…

Previously mentioned by Rep. Gallagher…. Gallagher Statement on Administration's New UAP 'Interagency Team'…. and…. Gallagher Presses DoD on UAPs

Let’s hope the request for a UAP select committee doesn’t die on the vine….a select committee has subpoena power.

👽☕️🍩
edit on 24-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I've been having a slightly more exhaustive search - curiousity got the better of me

I don't think this statement and letter from Burlison (and the other six co-signees) is a direct response to the report, I think it is more of a demonstration that they are choosing to ignore the report given the timing. None of the other co-signees have made any sort of statement in relation to the report or the statement. Looks to me like they are playing a game of see-no-hear-no.

While the statement appears to refer to the report, implicitly, the letter itself quite explicitly ignores it's findings.

On July 26, 2023, the Oversight Committee held a public hearing with retired Major David Grusch, along with Ryan Graves, the Executive Director of Americans for Safe Aerospace, and retired Navy Commander David Fravor, where they testified on their experiences with UAP, the national security risks posed by UAP, and the existence of UAP technologies currently possessed by the Federal Government. Specifically, Mr. Grusch revealed the existence of a UAP crash retrieval and reverse engineering program which has been illegally withheld from Congress. In July 2022, the Intelligence Community Inspector General (ICIG) found Mr. Grusch’s complaint to be “credible and urgent.”1 While the testimony revealed some answers, many more questions remain unanswered, and we believe that further investigation is warranted.

burlison.house.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   

None of the other co-signees have made any sort of statement in relation to the report or the statement. Looks to me like they are playing a game of see-no-hear-no.

Sounds like the tiger is loosing teeth….

The politicians need to be more vocal after each and every report! For transparency and full disclosure sakes….they cannot loose momentum.

👽☕️🍩

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Well, I don't know, having read all their web sites (Rubio's a blast, not, lol) it doesn't appear to be high on their agendas. They may be members of the UAP Caucus but they are not advertising that - at all. There may be some comments and press releases in the past - I wasn't very exhaustive and don't intend to be, my curiousity is sated in that regard - but nothing in their seemingly otherwise comprehensive lists of "Issues". Looks like they want to reserve their seats on the band-wagon but don't have much faith that the horse pulling it has legs.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Folks want the politicians to be more enthusiastic about this but let’s face it, it’s not an issue that will catapult any politician to any electoral heights...

And it may not be a detriment to them either but it's got to have political wings it doesn’t have yet...

The average American is not enthusiastic about alien/ET/UFO disclosure.

Interested maybe, but not affecting any votes...yet.

We have to understand these programs if they existed or existed would and will be very hidden and if the president wasn’t or isn’t advised of them what makes us think any old run-of-the-mill bureaucrat would be advised...

“Oh hey, Charlie, we got this alien corpse and UFO retrieval program we want to get you up to speed on...”

Forget about it.

So who exactly would know about this needs to be found out.

The CIA, DIA, ONI, NASA, NSA, AEC?

edit on 25-3-2024 by introufo2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Another thing I want to ask. Has anyone maybe Grusch or some of the other disclosure folks said when these Alien/UFO secret programs supposedly sponsored surreptitiously were here?

What are the dates? Are any programs still in being... Were they here 10 years ago, 5 years ago, or 20 or 30, or when...?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You see no one has any info on this just goes to show us the superficial nature of this so-called' disclosure"

I don't recall( maybe I missed it) any information from Grusch about specific times these things occurred.

It's the basic aspect of any investigative technique to know when and where such and such happened.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You see no one has any info on this just goes to show us the superficial nature of this so-called' disclosure"

I don't recall( maybe I missed it) any information from Grusch about specific times these things occurred.

It's the basic aspect of any investigative technique to know when and where such and such happened.

Perhaps the answers you seek are addressed in Grusch’s OpEd which he mentioned (2023) he’d do ….but up till now (2024) has yet to materialize.

Perhaps Mellon has Grusch’s ballz in a vise ……

👽
edit on 26-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Perhaps the answers you seek are addressed in Grusch’s OpEd which he mentioned (2023) he’d do ….but up till now (2024) has yet to materialize.

Perhaps Mellon has Grusch’s ballz in a vise ……

👽

Yeah, according to that Dark Journalist chap Mellon does control Grusch.

Grusch says he doesn’t want to go on his show( I don’t blame him) and piss-off Mellon.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Here’s an interesting interview between The Good Trouble Show and Gary Nolan’s take on the Volume 1 63pg. report released by AARO (Kirkpatrick)…..

Gary is certainly not a happy camper.

Fast forward to begin watching the segment at minute 23:00 through 44:30

I agree….we are being hoodwinked….bamboozled….shammed…Etc by AARO (Kirkpatrick) and the DOD.

But then again…what else is new?

👽

edit on 6-4-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Source: ‘It only takes one to be real and it changes humanity forever’: what if we’ve been lied to about UFOs?

Interesting read…..dated Sun 14 Jan 2024

One quote from Schumer puts it all into perspective….

Declassification of UAP records will be largely up to the same entities that have blocked their disclosure for decades

👽

top topics

<< 1   >>

join