It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet the Guerrilla Skeptics, the "fact checkers" rewriting thousands of UFO wikipedia articles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: arcticshuffle

In other words, yes, I am supportive of science not pseudoscience and I am supportive of questioning everything and doing your own research. That research can, of course, be subjective due to one's bias, hence me being both a skeptic and conspiracy theorist. All I can say, is keep an open mind and carry on.

Who is the “decider” on what’s science or pseudoscience ? You ?

Some of the military and airline info / data is pretty strong technically. And the sort of people that you or I have no business questioning.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus
a reply to: Mulder11

I knew this was coming in multiple forms. I saw it decades ago as I collect books on the UFO topic. I often visited used book stores and found any such titles missing when a few days before they would have several. --Somebody was clearing the shelves of informative books that helped verified the topic. I suspected local FBI agents were given that task in their areas.

I am a UFO abductee from 1964. My son and his GF experienced a bedside abduction in 1991. The so-called "medical exams" were in many ways real experiences for any abductee. There is far, far more to the UFO "experience" upon the entire world than any of you care to admit. And TPTB are dead-set on keeping you in the dark as they work their programs to soften the impact of the alien intrusion in all of our lives. Some aspects are good, and some are your worst nightmare. The shift is toward consciousness, far beyond the day-to-day, dog-eat-dog and "look at my new car/TV/thing that we all, now, aspire to have.

Governments MUST tighten their grips upon us, they, after all, do not want things to change much outside of their powers. So, remember:

You have only the "rights" that you are allowed to have.

There are folks in the govt that help with the coverup, hoping that they will be given favor by the eventual winners / controllers of the tech, or alien relationships. They also cultivate lower level sycophants like these wiki guys.

Same kind of people who slavishly support the dems and communists. The only way they’ll ever get anything out of this life, to be a sniveling servant to the folks who may steal the country.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here's my hot take on this subject, from experience of the "skeptic" crowd.

My biggest experience comes from association and observation with a certain well known "skeptics" group; they hold conferences across the country and go the whole 9 yards.

Here's the issue though - they aren't skeptics. They aren't necessarily skeptical about anything, really. For them, there are only two things - established mainstream science, and ridicule. There is no open mind, consideration of a single shred of evidence that is contrary to their peer reviewed papers, it is "I am right, and you're either with me, or you're an idiot".

Even conversation and debate flies outside of anything scientific, and relegates back to logical fallacies which they will contort to show their superiority at every possible chance. Science or actual skepticism and evidence be damned; if you say something the wrong way, you are wrong.

When the aspartame issue was abound, it was their "established science" or nothing. Even when citing other papers, they would hold together as a cult with hive mentality and cling to their mainstream ideals like Holy scripture while simultaneously proclaiming to be open minded and accepting of science and evidence - just ONLY the evidence and science they agreed with.

Once it came out in the largest studies known to man that aspartame was bad and had negative health effects, they tried to gaslight (to an extent that would make a top tier narcissist envious) everyone that said they were wrong into thinking they were still somehow right the entire time, and that they agreed with them - after pulling and deleting much of the forums of discussion prior to the big news (?)

Long story short, any group that considers themselves skeptics or advertises them to be as such, are generally narcissistic gaslighting scumbags that deserve no praise.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

As most ATS member have always regarded Wiki as not a reliable source for information, then who cares what they do.

Yes, yes. Nothing to see here don't mind that man behind the curtain. Just move along and keep your mouth shut. /s

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Wikipedia is a wiki, meaning anyone can edit nearly any page and improve articles immediately. You do not need to register to do this, and anyone who has edited is known as a Wikipedian or editor. Small edits add up, and every editor can be proud to have made Wikipedia better for all.

Just like it say’s “improve” …..wiki could also be edited to be un-improved.

It’s up to you to decide whether Wikipedia is all wrong, partially wrong, partially right, all right.

Admittedly I use wiki sometimes to quote from or link to…..but actual sources from actual authors…is probably the best to reference from.

👽

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

originally posted by: alldaylong

As most ATS member have always regarded Wiki as not a reliable source for information, then who cares what they do.

Yes, yes. Nothing to see here don't mind that man behind the curtain. Just move along and keep your mouth shut. /s

It’s hard to tell if you’re for or against this whitewash of an entire subject matter on wiki.

What value would come from such a mass censorship and propaganda campaign ?

This is the kind of thing that we’re supposed to deny.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Greetings from the information bureau.

Please keep your thoughts within established parameters,

Independent thinking is a sign of mental illness.

Just do what you are told by your benevolent dictators, and everything will be fine.

Carry-on.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I suggest that some of responders here get honest with themselves. They almost want alien UFOs being real, but they cannot allow a full-fledged acceptance of what is known because of the dire circumstantial understanding that must follow. So they want only half the issue, the government to acknowledge what it knows. But it can't. So the game stops there, seemingly.

Some of you will argue all day for the reality of alien UFOs here and now, but never cross the line to the darker parts of alien contact which almost includes Flash Gordon types of alien abuse of humans by abductions and mind control. True, no blazing rayguns yet, but certainly the obvious ignoring of human rights is a fact. (I'm not even going to suggest specimen collecting types of abductions, but the recognized form of catch and release that is well known. (And what about our cattle is it OK for aliens to rustle and munch on them?)

They are not here to move in next door and become part of the human family.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The /s. At the end of my comment is Internet speak for "end sarcasm". In other words everything that comes before it is the opposite of what I think.

No. I'm not a fan of people telling you to just move along and stop discussing things. ...or the bs on Wikipedia.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

As an aside, this is hardly the only topic being slid sideways on Wikipedia. HUGE problems in that project with propaganda being pushed on many topics.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

We can listen, do our own research and accept it or reject it, it's our choice.

Not if the information has been deleted we can’t, as these “activist skeptics” are doing on Wikipedia.

Clearly they are against anything that is unexplained phenomena, they consider it pseudoscience, but just because something doesn’t have a scientific explanation yet doesn’t mean it’s not real. Perhaps science will come to understand and explain these things, like it has with so much other stuff that was previously unknown.

There is nothing wrong with healthy skepticism, but these people are self appointed gatekeepers that have no business deleting an censoring what doesn’t fit into what they do and don’t believe.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

Not if the information has been deleted we can’t, as these “activist skeptics” are doing on Wikipedia.

Clearly they are against anything that is unexplained phenomena, they consider it pseudoscience, but just because something doesn’t have a scientific explanation yet doesn’t mean it’s not real. Perhaps science will come to understand and explain these things, like it has with so much other stuff that was previously unknown.

There is nothing wrong with healthy skepticism, but these people are self appointed gatekeepers that have no business deleting an censoring what doesn’t fit into what they do and don’t believe.

These aerospace engineers, scientists, sociologists, skeptic activists, etc. Do not have the power to change anything on Wikipedia, only Wilipedia decides on what changes based on their rules and criteria. Yes, they are not science deniers. Therein lies the issue for some of you.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I suggest that some of responders here get honest with themselves. They almost want alien UFOs being real, but they cannot allow a full-fledged acceptance of what is known because of the dire circumstantial understanding that must follow. So they want only half the issue, the government to acknowledge what it knows. But it can't. So the game stops there, seemingly.

Some of you will argue all day for the reality of alien UFOs here and now, but never cross the line to the darker parts of alien contact which almost includes Flash Gordon types of alien abuse of humans by abductions and mind control. True, no blazing rayguns yet, but certainly the obvious ignoring of human rights is a fact. (I'm not even going to suggest specimen collecting types of abductions, but the recognized form of catch and release that is well known. (And what about our cattle is it OK for aliens to rustle and munch on them?)

The possibilities are endless. Actual aliens from other planets, extra-dimensional, from below the oceans or the crust (or the poles), physical demons or angels, time travel, the aliens are us many eons from now when our brains are huge and our bodies are evolved into almost nothing. Good thing they can kill us with mental weapons lol.

So it wouldn’t pay to be too invested in one version or another. Hopefully whatever they are, they will end up wrecking the people that are abusing the secrets and the knowledge.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   

These aerospace engineers, scientists, sociologists, skeptic activists, etc. Do not have the power to change anything on Wikipedia, only Wilipedia decides on what changes based on their rules and criteria. Yes, they are not science deniers. Therein lies the issue for some of you.

Anybody can edit in wiki. Why avoid the truth so obviously ?

I’m sure there are some rules, but rule # 1 is to favor the agendas of the owners and top brass. Which is leftist / liberal / democrat. Like almost every other social media and corporate media that exists.

Wiki is more social media than academia.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Their only claim is to not be in favor of woo woo without empirical evidence.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Some alien species are hostile, probably true, but I would also assume some are friendly (though would view us as backwards and not worth interacting with).

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Yes, they are not science deniers. Therein lies the issue for some of you.

Nobody is a science denier. It’s what’s been called “scienctism” that people are rightly sceptical of. That is the attempt to use science to back up your claims when it does know such thing.

You should have a read of Bill Bryson A Short History of Nearly Everything. You will be surprised at what has been claimed in the name of science.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes, they are not science deniers. Therein lies the issue for some of you.

Nobody is a science denier. It’s what’s been called “scienctism” that people are rightly sceptical of. That is the attempt to use science to back up your claims when it does know such thing.

You should have a read of Bill Bryson A Short History of Nearly Everything. You will be surprised at what has been claimed in the name of science.

Where is the science, where is anything or nearly everything in relation to UFOs and woo woo?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   
no need for me to watch a 3 hour long video.

im betting the last names of these 'writers' are mighty b0lshevikstik lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Their only claim is to not be in favor of woo woo without empirical evidence.

Which would be an opinion that they have every right to.
And they can add that to the overall collection of opinions in wiki writings.

Their opinion doesn’t give them a right to systematically erase all others, and replace it with theirs.

You know, that’s actually what we’re talking about. Not who’s right or wrong. It’s even been said here that nobody knows.

Looks like you derail threads by pushing the thread into the weeds, instead of the original, very simple topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join