It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The View" host complains about the "blond, blue-eyed Jesus"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I know the left loves to make up new things to be offended about on a daily basis, but I had not heard of the "Blond Jesus".

(A quick side note: The intellectual dishonesty of these people is mind boggling. The more I see these radical leftists, the more I'm amazed at the way they lie. I cannot wrap my head around how a person can just sit there and lie their ass off like this.)

At the 1:40 mark, Sunny Hostin says that when she was growing up, she only saw "the blond, blue-eyed Jesus". I was raised Catholic, and had friends and neighbors who were Lutheran, Episcopalian, and Presbyterian. Every family had images of Jesus in their homes. I never saw an image of a blond, blue-eyed Jesus. Not once. Ever. I've been in dozens of churches. No blonde Jesuses there, either.

Hostin goes on to comment that she now attends a black Catholic church, "and Jesus is brown". She has finally been delivered from the white supremacists and their Blond Jesus.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure no matter what color Jesus' hair, eyes, or skin were he's not a big fan of organized religion. At its very core, the entire cult speaks to everything Jesus preached against and is run by spiritual narcissists.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

I grew up in the 1960's and 1970's. Attended Catholic schools through graduation from high school.

Images of Jesus Aways depicted a fair to slightly "olive"-completioned (think "healthy/wealthy California-tanned) man with light to dark brown slightly "wavy" hair, and quite often, blue eyes.

And I remember the uproar when, as genetic tracing and genealogy became of interest, maybe a little before "The Da Vinci Code" became a best-seller, as Jesus image as an actual Semite Jew started hitting the mainstream.

The "new" (though the reality had been obvious for thousands of years) "black" (comparatively) Jesus was quite the shock.
edit on 18-2-2024 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Didn't Moses' hair change color after he was in the presence of God?

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I’m an atheist and don’t really care to much about squabbles involving a deity…
But there are multiple historical accounts where Jesus is described as a fair skinned blonde man with blue/green eyes.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Images of Jesus Aways depicted a fair to slightly "olive"-completioned (think "healthy/wealthy California-tanned) man with light to dark brown slightly "wavy" hair, and quite often, blue eyes.

That's odd. I have never seen an image of Jesus with blue eyes.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If a white or black Jesus offends you then you may be the problem. I don’t think many people really care.
Sunny Hostin is racist and she hates her own colorful history. She isn’t worth listening to. I do not give “Their View” any attention. If I see Joy Behar or Whoopi I change the channel. I don’t need to be continually reminded we have propagandized willful ignorance spoon fed to us daily.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
But there are multiple historical accounts where Jesus is described as a fair skinned blonde man with blue/green eyes.

The OP was not meant to be a squabble over a deity, but rather a discussion on how the left is now using Jesus in their race-baiting\selective outrage\woke\victimhood\marxist campaign.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:17 PM
link   

LOL, what? I'll take just one of them, whichever you have handy.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It's quite possible. Didn't they just discover the Egyptian Pharaohs came from S. Europe? Perhaps Ancient Israel's royal house was from somewhere else too.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
Didn't Moses' hair change color after he was in the presence of God?

Yea, it aged and wizened him, but he still lived to 120, according to Deuteronomy.
Chuck Heston made s good Moses.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I've seen the depiction of Jesus the show mentioned; that was decades ago. It was one way of depicting him.

It is kind of a "so what" sort of thing to me. People will visualize to match their expectations, it doesn't imply racism or exclusion.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

LOL, what? I'll take just one of them, whichever you have handy.

Dammit! Don’t make me work on Sunday!

Here are just a couple of the cuff describing his blue eyes I think. I don’t claim them to hold any water though.

www.christianforums.com...

“In his letter Lentulus describes Jesus as having: "a noble and lively face, with fair and slightly wavy hair; black and strongly curving eyebrows, intense penetrating blue eyes and an expression of wondrous grace. His nose is rather long. His beard is almost blonde, although not very long. His hair is quite long, and has never seen a pair of scissors.....His neck is slightly inclined, so that he never appears to be bitter or arrogant. His tanned face is the color of ripe corn and well proportioned. It gives the impression of gravity and wisdom, sweetness and good, and is completely lacking in any sign of anger." (Holy Land Magazine, Franciscan Holy Land Press, Spring 1998).”

Here’s an article that disagrees with paintings of him being rather blonde.

www.gbnews.com...

edit on 18-2-2024 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Read the second comment about the hoax quote.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

That's odd. I have never seen an image of Jesus with blue eyes.

As one of the monks in my HS explained it, when asked why there are so many different depictions (even back then!) of Jesus (paraphrasing, after so many years):

"From a practical standpoint, you've got a lot of different artists and a lot of different printers all drawing their own interpretations of what Jesus looked like. With no actual image, other than maybe the Shroud of Turin, who's to say which one is the closest? They're all 'best efforts' done in faithfulness.

On the other hand, the Church recognizes the value of representing the image of Jesus in the most "attractive" way possible, in the hope that more of the Faithful would be drawn to Him. It is kind of like marketing, and the Church has learned a thing or two over the years".

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I get that there have been different artistic depictions of Jesus. The OP was about the demented harpies of the view claiming that they were victimized by a blond, blue-eyed Jesus, which the racists forced upon them, which is total, unadulterated b.s.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

I get that there have been different artistic depictions of Jesus. The OP was about the demented harpies of the view claiming that they were victimized by a blond, blue-eyed Jesus, which the racists forced upon them, which is total, unadulterated b.s.

It would appear that you do not understand how the subtle, but virtually incessant, form of indoctrination employed by the RC Church is effected.

Or you are unable/unwilling to attempt that level of empathy.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What color hair and eyes did the prophet Muhammad have?
Pics please.

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
For those curious now (note the length of the hair):

posted on Feb, 18 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yeah, but that's about as interesting as "The View" itself.

<<   2 >>

join