It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian activist and Putin critic Alexei Navalny dies in prison

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fairlite
I'd agree to an extent with that, but the argument is that they're fighting for their culture.

I agree to a point, but they had so many excuses it is hard to pin down and now they say culture. Killing a million people is a hell of a way to win the culture over. I honestly think Putin just wants Russia to be the powerhouse of the USSR and to do that he needs the satellite counties back.

I think it is that simple.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Fairlite

And who was trying to destroy Russian culture? Ukrainians or Americans were trying to push their culture on Russians or what? Censorship in Russia is nearly as advanced as in China. Whoever would be trying to push some foreign cultural agenda there would face an extremely difficult task.

Bombing other nations' cities is a curious way of defending one's culture. Maybe you meant forcing their culture on others using barbaric methods?

Navalny wanted the same, that is spreading Russian culture but using more civilized and peaceful methods. Since he was killed, it seems it's not about spreading their culture either.
edit on 20-2-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

And who was trying to destroy Russian culture? Ukrainians or Americans were trying to push their culture on Russians or what? Censorship in Russia is nearly as advanced as in China. Whoever would be trying to push some foreign cultural agenda there would face an extremely difficult task.

Bombing other nations' cities is a curious way of defending one's culture. Maybe you meant forcing their culture on others using barbaric methods?

Navalny wanted the same, that is spreading Russian culture but using more civilized and peaceful methods. Since he was killed, it seems it's not about spreading their culture either.

What Victoria Nuland propaganda are you sipping on?

Here’s your Navalny harping on comparing immigrants to cockroaches waving a gun. It’s no secret he was a hardcore nationalist.

youtu.be...

This is just being overly used as a distraction over the bigger headlines over the weekend with Russia securing one of the most fortified cities there Avdeevka.

Apparently according to MSM with using only shovels and waves of meat.

You might as well at this point go watch the “the view” to find a different distraction to gravel on lol

edit on 20-2-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

I've already addressed that point of yours. Are you going to repeat it ad nauseam?

You keep harping on that early video but don't mention his later antiwar views?

Carry on.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Alexei Navalny's mother has today made a personal appeal to Putin to release her son's body so he can be given a decent burial.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They are conducting an "investigation", aren't they?

The funny thing is they didn't agree to international postmortem examination:

Kremlin rejects call for independent postmortem on opposition leader Alexei Navalny

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

They are conducting an "investigation", aren't they?

If "conducting an investigation" means getting rid of the evidence I guess so.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The Biden Administration has totally ignored the "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" aspect of law, except as it applies to him and Hunter.

Case in point.. Joe Biden wants "major sanctions" placed on Russia because a Russian activist died in prison.

SEE: www.politico.com...

Callous Joe wants to punish the people of Russia over a man's sudden death, just because he doesn't like Vladimir Putin.

Dementia Joe must have forgotten to implement the "major sanctions" he promised, after Russia invaded Ukraine in 2022.

What a dufus. Worst U.S. President EVER.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Man you can turn any topic into something about Biden cant you

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Case in point.. Joe Biden wants "major sanctions" placed on Russia because a Russian activist died in prison.

Joe Biden wants sanctions placed on Russia due to their killing of an opposition politician , if Russia has nothing to hide why are they hiding his body.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Gman, you know hes not interested in the topic it was just so he could post

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Callous Joe
Dementia Joe
What a dufus. Worst U.S. President EVER.

Remember when if you dared call trump anything but great you were labled on ATS as having a derangment syndrome, does it work both ways?
edit on 20-2-2024 by UpIsNowDown2 because: typo probably more still

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown2

Yeah I know but I felt the need to Deny Ignorance , it's an old habit that seems a bit old fashioned these days.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Globohomo, via Nato. That's who. They have made no secret of their desire to destroy Russia. They performed a coup in Ukraine and have pushed Natoma nearly to Russia's borders. Given the history of the US using false flags to get into wars, they can't risk Ukraine falling under nato's umbrella.
edit on 20-2-2024 by Fairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Facepalm.

My vas pokhoronim!

Going for a shovel. Be back in a minute. Meanwhile:

Allegedly played to Navalny in prison before the final journey.

edit on 20-2-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Russia has pushed Finland and Sweden in NATO near to it's borders.

All on its own. More to come.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"Died"? Killed.

Where is his body?

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Do explain. If I remember correctly, we originally agreed that Nato would not go east of Germany. Yet here we are basically on their borders.

I'm not a fan of Russia, but I'm not so blind as to see why they are getting nervous and moving pieces on the board. Because we are.
edit on 20-2-2024 by Fairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Cool. Not sure how that's relevant. He at least pretends to love his country. More than I can say for the leaders of the west.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Simply? Because Russia invaded Ukraine.

Sovereign countries are free to join NATO, if they so choose. Particularly if they feel threatened by an expansionist warmonger dictator.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Russia has opened a criminal case against Alexei Navalny's brother , Oleg Navalny.

Authorities in Russia have opened a new criminal case against the brother of Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny.

Oleg Navalny was already on the wanted list for another matter. In 2014, Oleg Navalny was sentenced to 3 and a half years in prison for fraud in a case Kremlin critics said was trumped up. Now police say they have opened a new case but have not unveiled details of the charges.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join