It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else get the sense that something downright miraculous might be up ahead?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
What a joke, you find one unorthodox catholic priest and you think you can refute what all the orthodox catholics believe based on this one priest's opinion.

She said all Catholics believe it, yet there's no Catholic authority that can be found saying what flyersfan is saying. The only available Catholic authority that could be found online agreed with my stance. This was ironic because she told me to go find a catholic Bible study lol.

originally posted by: Kurokage

I'm suprised you didn't also tell Flyersfan to get back in the kitchen?!?!?!

Yikes that's some wild projection you're exhibiting. Me calling out flyersfan's outbursts has nothing to do with whether they're male or female. You too have emotional outbursts. Look how desperately you're trying to catch me in doing something wrong. It's just weird at this point. You've tried to shame me on other threads and it's just really odd coming from a random British dude reaching his later years... Why are you so shameful? Why do you have pent-up misogyny that you project onto others? Or is all of this just a side-effect of you trying to catch me doing something wrong?

Such a strange obsession.

You lash out and insult peoples intelligence in every thread.

Lol yeah I have to defend myself because every thread I try to have normal discussions with others you all come along and try to correct me on various topics and then you get upset when I have peer-reviewed sources that support what I am saying. I'm not going to just sit there and let you all try to make libelous claims about my knowledge and my character. Daskakik and Venkuish tried to argue away the definition of density for multiple pages. It's just annoying at this point, absolutely worthless conversation when all you guys are doing is trying to prove me wrong at all costs, even if it means denying the basic definitions of words.
edit on 20-2-2024 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Lol yeah I have to defend myself because every thread I try to have normal discussions with others you all come along and try to correct me on various topics and then you get upset when I have peer-reviewed sources that support what I am saying

You're burning our toast and calling it Jesus again.

Correction: you think it agrees with what your saying, which incites ad-hom attacks on your intelligence. I know it gets tossed around a lot, but Dunning-Kruger Effect.

You will think you're posting a peer reviewed paper that supports what you say, but it's because your limited technical understanding doesn't see why it's an absurd psudointellectual presupposition to begin with.

There's always some answer out there. Given a challenge you will try to find something that you can hold your position with.

It's exhausting. It's an endless string of fallacies and psychological games. You'll tell a fellow Christian their accepting of mainstream science is misguided, in a way that approaches belligerence.

So it is basically just endless threads of pages and pages of what amounts to you trying to reaffirm to yourself you still have a viable argument.

Here's my main criticism of "one way signs".

Why does your narrative always trump others?

The Vedas say the universe is 155 trillion years old. They already got to the multiverse and physics theories before Canaanite had even split off into Judaism.

The Hindu version is older and holds weight better cosmologically too. Am I misguided or evil if I think their narrative does way better then Judeochristianity?

No! Who cares, one has Brahman, one has a Holy Spirit to explain.The difference in the origin stories are united by the like end-results. Well, the intended end-results.

And while I don't subscribe to divine intervention, if I was going to, I'd think it's intervening existence would be more universalist, and reflect "do good" in as many variants as possible. Work for the Hindu, the Christian, the Taoist, even the dark Voodoo practitioner.

Why does one story have to hold ultimate say in a world where half aren't in the Judeochristian religion tree?

It just seems God(s) go wrong when you force their specific existence to always apply.
edit on 20-2-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Genesis 3:15,15

Then Jehovah God said to the serpent: “Because you have done this, you are the cursed one out of all the domestic animals and out of all the wild animals of the field. On your belly you will go, and you will eat dust all the days of your life. 15 And I will put enmity* [Or “hostility.”] between you and the woman and between your offspring* [Lit., “seed.”] and her offspring.* He will crush* [Or “bruise; strike.”] your head, and you will strike* [Or “bruise; crush.”] him in the heel.”

"Don't tread on me", the snake says. Too bad, this miraculous event will happen regardless how many people you can drag down with you by withholding crucial information with censorship and discrediting paintjobs in all the threads where a significant amount of people are commenting that might* wake up to what is being done to them. *: "might", as in an extremely remote and slim chance, so why even bother, what you're so worried about? They're all on-topic, none of them violate the terms and conditions.

I'm almost done. Only about 50 comments left. Just have a little patience, no one will listen, and when they do, they won't understand and get the sense of it.

John 8:42-47

Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to* [Or “accept.”] my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me? 47 The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.”

Matthew 13:13-15

That is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations; for looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, nor do they get the sense of it. 14 And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see. 15 For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes, so that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back and I heal them.’

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)

Ohhhh, maybe you want my signature gone as well. Or maybe lure me into losing my calm and saying something detrimental to the good news of God's Kingdom being on our doorstep (in the sense of beginning its rule on earth as well, it's already ruling in heaven). Another miraculous event.
edit on 21-2-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 02:31 AM
link   

No you are wrong. You had the conversation about density with someone else and not with me. All I did is to point out that some words are used interchangeably in every day life such as mass and weight for example or heaviness and density as another example.

You are wrong in your conclusions because there is nothing to support creationism and intelligent design and it's preposterous to argue you have peer reviewed scientific publications that support the absurd claims made by creationists.

What you have done is take a few peer reviewed publications out of context entirely twisting what they have discussed and come to unsubstantiated conclusions in the absence of any other corroborating evidence and any evidence at all.

There is no need for anyone to prove you wrong as you don't have any evidence to support your assertions about intelligent design. All someone has to do is to point out the flaws in your arguments and the fact you don't seem to understand even the most basic concepts trying to find something you think supports your position and then going from one debunked argument to another debunked argument until you have used all of them. Give it sometime and then you start all over again in other threads as if nothing has happened earlier with the same debunked arguments yet have already used!!

It just don't work the way you think and not only others spot your efforts but you don't really understand posters in these threads are often graduates with several years of experience in various scientific fields.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 02:46 AM
link   

The highlight of your efforts to prove to the world your unsubstantiated claims about intelligent design is to take a peer reviewed scientific publication by Dr Bruce Martin

chemistry.as.virginia.edu...

only link the abstract and not the rest of the paper and then twist the content by copy pasting your thread from Reddit to make it look like as if Dr Martin has come to your erroneous analysis and conclusions deceiving the reader and giving the very false impression that the text has been written by Dr Martin. You never stated this was your thread from Reddit and never even mentioned which part of the text was the the abstract and which part was yours.

The greatest irony is you never checked who Dr Bruce Martin was! And he was one of the editors of the Skeptical Enquirer for a long period of time having a specific task or otherwise to debunk creationism and the false claims made by creationists! That was the guy you thought supported your views but you can't be more wrong about it. Not only he didn't but was there to remind you how absurd and ridiculous the claims about intelligent design are.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Me calling out flyersfan's outbursts has nothing to do with whether they're male or female. You too have emotional outbursts.

Proving you wrong isn't an 'outburst'.
It's simply proving you wrong.
Like I said, your reading comprehension sucks.

originally posted by: Degradation33
but Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Agreed.

Just to be clear for those who don't know -

The Dunning–Kruger effect is defined as the tendency of people with low ability in a specific area to give overly positive assessments of this ability. This is often seen as a cognitive bias, i.e. as a systematic tendency to engage in erroneous forms of thinking and judging. In the case of the Dunning–Kruger effect, this applies mainly to people with low skill in a specific area trying to evaluate their competence within this area. The systematic error concerns their tendency to greatly overestimate their competence, i.e. to see themselves as more skilled than they are.

Source

edit on 2/21/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Can this thread get back on topic now? Here it is from the OP -

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Does anyone else get the sense that something downright miraculous might be up ahead?

I have a very strong sense that at some point something major will happen to utterly disrupt the flow of this advance of corruption & deception. Probably just before the Pandemic Treaty is rolled out by the World Health Organisation -

Downright miraculous ... about to happen.

That's the topic. Not creationism, not Jesus rebuking PETER and teaching him not to be a stumbling block, not anything else.

"Downright miraculous" ... so do miracles happen? Answer ... yes. I'm pretty sure I posted a few healings that people had from praying and asking God for them, and that they have been investigated and found to be inexplainable by science and medicine.

Does God do big miracles and intercede big in human affairs? Not really.

So again, the answer to the persons opening post ... I do not think that there will be something miraculous happening with God interceding in the affairs of humans on Earth in a big way and changing the course of history. I could be wrong. But that's how things usually go.

There. That's ON TOPIC.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Yikes that's some wild projection you're exhibiting. Me calling out flyersfan's outbursts has nothing to do with whether they're male or female. You too have emotional outbursts. Look how desperately you're trying to catch me in doing something wrong. It's just weird at this point. You've tried to shame me on other threads and it's just really odd coming from a random British dude reaching his later years... Why are you so shameful? Why do you have pent-up misogyny that you project onto others? Or is all of this just a side-effect of you trying to catch me doing something wrong?

Such a strange obsession.

I'm projecting?
You already told Flyersfan to get back to her sports in a previous post and now you also tell a female member shes emotional??
And now you try to say it's me with the problem as your defence and not you whos misogynistic??
I like the added shame too, couldn't you think of something better?
I'm not trying to catch you out, all I do is point out your double standards when I see them, a person who claimed they're some kind of 'preacher' in a previous thread is quick to insult people's grammar and spelling. Trying to infer that those people are some how less intelligent. Thats such a Christian thing to do! Your lead by your faith and wear it as a badge of honour but even during your discussions here with other members, that facade slips very quickly. If I believed, I would say your Pride in your belief is what lets you down.

Lol yeah I have to defend myself because every thread I try to have normal discussions with others you all come along and try to correct me

You act like you're the only one with authority to speak about the bible here. We all have every right to post our opinions about how true or false the bible is, or how it's interpreted. You did it yourself by posting the Greek and thus an interpretation of the "Word".
You're the first one to call out science as wrong and then keep repeating the same old rubbish pesudo-science again and again, even when you're shown your 'snippit' is incorrect.
If I started lecturing members on the bible as some do, then surely you'd want me to be accurate in what I say and not just repeat others words parrot fashion.
When you post certain incorrect statements, people are going to jump on them and show your inaccuracies for what they are.

About the topic.
What would be considered a miracle?
The way it's worded in the thread title seems to imply it would be seen across the world?
edit on 21-2-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   

About the topic. What would be considered a miracle? The way it's worded as the thread title seems to imply it would seen across the world?

The opening post seems to intend that it would be a miraculous intervention by God and that it would change the course of history. Something BIG. As I said earlier, miracles happen (you dont believe that but I do), but finding miracles that change the course of world history is hard to do. And no ... Noahs Ark didn't happen so no one try to bring that up. (It's a teaching myth).

The poster in the opening post said he/she had a feeling it was going to happen. That's fine. People get feelings and they can post about it and talk about it. Time will tell if the feeling is pointing to something real happening, or if it's just wishful thinking. I"m thinking it's wishful thinking ... but we will see.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The opening post seems to intend that it would be a miraculous intervention by God and that it would change the course of history.

Thats what I got from the opening post, something for all the world to see, similar to Aliens landing at the UN. A miracle that can't be denied?

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
The only available Catholic authority that could be found online agreed with my stance. This was ironic because she told me to go find a catholic Bible study lol.

Your reading comp needs work. They were obviously saying a catholic Bible study, as in a bible study group, so you can hear first hand what the average catholic believes.

There is a book actually called "Jesus DID NOT call Peter Satan!: An examination of Matthew 16:21-23 using Ancient Bible Study methods".

Obviously somebody disagrees with you.

Look first hit on google. Catholic Exchange - Get Behind Me, Satan: Why Does Jesus Rebuke Peter? I guess the algorithm has figured out your bias.

Notice the difference in Jesus’ response to Peter: “Get behind Me, Satan.” This is a difference that makes all the difference. Jesus here is referring to Peter as Satan in a metaphorical way, as an “adversary” (the literal meaning of “satan”) who, because he is thinking as a man does (we never believe suffering is God’s plan), temporarily becomes an obstacle to Jesus.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Thats what I got from the opening post, something for all the world to see, similar to Aliens landing at the UN. A miracle that can't be denied?

That's what I get too. The poster 'has a feeling' that God will do something miraculous and intervene in the unfolding history of mankind. When you look at history, this is something that happens extremely rarely. There are reports of miracles like this happening a few times .... like in medieval times an image of Christ appearing over troops and scaring away the opposing troops ... things like that. I have no idea if they happened or not, I"m just saying that's what was reported and that it changed the course of events. But even reports of possible massive earth changing miracles like that are extremely rare.

It would be nice if it actually happened in the world today in a big way. But history shows it doesn't and so I think it's wishful thinking.

ETA .. I started a thread a while back about a Catholic prophecy that has been put forward by a number of canonized saints and others. It's called 'The Three Days of Darkness'. This is something that is supposed to be world wide and that everyone, no matter what they believe or disbelieve, is supposed to experience. It is not a requirement in the Catholic Church to believe in this prophecy, but it is a popular one among those who are well read Catholics. I think it's probably an example of the kind of miracle/intervention that the OP is thinking of. The Three Days of Darkness
edit on 2/21/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Venkuish1

The end of days will not happen.
Angels don't exist.
Demons don't exist.
No evidence for the existence of any type of God either.

No second coming of Jesus (doubt he existed at all) and no apocalypse...

When the day ultimately comes that is your personal "end of days" for whatever reason, you might find yourself wishing you never posted this.

I'm no "holy roller", but I absolutely believe something far greater than chance is responsible for all of creation. Call it God or Intelligent Infinity or The Minister of Playful Shenanigans if you want. But we will all have to answer for our actions. There are no free passes and no one gets out of here alive.

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

Angels don't exist.
Demons don't exist.

When the day ultimately comes that is your personal "end of days" for whatever reason, you might find yourself wishing you never posted this.

I'm no "holy roller", but I absolutely believe something far greater than chance is responsible for all of creation. Call it God or Intelligent Infinity or The Minister of Playful Shenanigans if you want. But we will all have to answer for our actions. There are no free passes and no one gets out of here alive.

This kind of mentality based on fear has been haunting humanity for millenia. The end of days, the end of the world, sins and punishments. I think we have now moved on and no longer believe in ideas and ideologies that created back at the bronze age.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Venkuish1

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

Angels don't exist.
Demons don't exist.

This kind of mentality based on fear has been haunting humanity for millenia. The end of days, the end of the world, sins and punishments. I think we have now moved on and no longer believe in ideas and ideologies that created back at the bronze age.

We're in agreement there. I don't believe in that "end of days" stuff for all humanity. Just nonsense spewed to keep the sheep in their pews.

But I do believe in something greater than us.

Maybe just plain old karma. But I think there's something beyond death and we are all accountable for our actions. Both known (publicly) and unknown. Maybe we ultimately only answer to ourselves in some form.

Which would be a bitch for many as we are usually our own worst critics.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: NovemberHemisphere

All good... Happens to everyone.

I found that when I activate that extra bit of processing power I could make sense or I would just ask for clarification.

But that's just me being honest when i don't know or understand and I'm also not running on max already and having that extra processing power available...
You'll get there I'm sure, just keep updating.

I never apologized, I said no offense. Speaking multiple languages is not ideal for everyone- the brain has to cope with concurrent understandings and consequentially lacks in other areas of cognitive function. A truly intelligent linguist has the ability to suppress unnecessary languages at any given moment so that they can be fluent without other languages bleeding into each other- something you clearly failed at if I was able to deduce that English is not your first language.

Research shows that while learning multiple languages is easier to accomplish if exposed early in life, young children have been shown to express confusion when exposed to more than 1 language. They are harmed by delays in development because the extra mental focus required to decipher the different languages uses processing power that would otherwise be used for learning/understanding things other than language. Monolingualism is considered the norm, while bilinguals constitute “a special group of language users, much like brain-damaged patients, children with language disorders, or deaf individuals who use a signed language to communicate.” There are clear and time consuming obstacles to overcome when you speak more than one language. Language barriers are not considered to be conducive to reasoning or understanding. What multi-lingual people are better at is suppressing irrelevant or interfering information, because this is exactly what they have to do every day just to think and reason.

I'd say more than 50% of your posts center on you patting yourself on the back, while adding nothing relevant to the discussion. Delusions of grandeur are when you believe that you have more power, wealth, intelligence, or other grand traits than you actually possess.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Calling me a liar? That's rich. I don't lie. But you sure do get caught posting crap that is continually instantly debunked. Every time. You might want to refrain from calling people liars when you have such an obvious problem yourself.

I mean you literally said there is evidence for miracles earlier in the thread- that right there is a blatant lie and you know damn well that you can't provide evidence for miracles. Everything you guys are talking about is f*cking debunked- there was no peter, he never existed and there is 0 corroborating evidence from his supposed life.

The story of simon AKA cephas AKA peter was concocted several times over- when paul wrote his epistle to the Romans he greeted twenty nine of the brethren there by name – peter was not named among them.(Romans 16.3,16)
By "tradition", peter was the one who first appointed bishops, presbyters and deacons in the city Caesarea. When paul is a prisoner in Caesarea, felix, the resident governor, is curious about the religion of his captive and questions him frequently, clearly indicating there was no obvious church in the city because the story of peter was written at a much later date. Supposedly, peter was arrested by Agrippa, guarded by sixteen soldiers and escaped but only with the assistance of angels... (Acts 12.3-10).

The legend of peter being beheaded by Nero was invented by the mid-2nd century pope Anicetus (156-166) when he became locked in a conflict with the Polycarp of Smyrna. Polycarp had tried to win the argument concerning the dating of easter by insisting that he spoke with the authority of the apostle john. In response, Anicetus staked a claim to peter, "prince of the apostles", who has more authority than the writings of john.

2nd century texts known as the "clementines" had made peter the "first bishop of Rome" and in the 3rd century a 25-year pontificate was written in, making it impossible for him to have died at the hands of Nero but is some how considered "tradition." 3rd century charlatan and church father Origen invented the story of peter choosing inverted crucifixion at the hands of Nero, as his writings are the first place this story appears.

Pertaining to the OP- miracles by definition do not exist- and if you think you've witnessed/acknowledged a miracle, you simply do not understand the underlying functions that actually occurred in those specific scenarios. If miracles were real, so many children in the world on the brink of death would miraculously receive water and food; but they don't. All of your examples of 'miracles' never seem to happen to people who aren't already fortunate. Why would 'god' be giving miracles to people in 1st world countries? A child dies from hunger every 10 seconds- 3.1 million children a year. Where is your 'god' and your 'miracles'? Inside your own diseased imagination.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NovemberHemisphere
I mean you literally said there is evidence for miracles earlier in the thread- that right there is a blatant lie and you know damn well that you can't provide evidence for miracles.

Already posted .. either in this thread or others (the threads are blending together in my head at this point) .. miracles that have happened. Investigated and authenticated. Medical miracles. Instant cures for cancer that came after prayer in which science and medicine can't explain. There are lots of them that have been investigated and authenticated by the Vatican.

Atheists just say that they are natural cures that we don't understand yet. However, we do understand science, medicine, parkinsons, and how cancer works well enough to know that it doesn't instantly disappear after being prayed on.

So no. I'm not a liar. You choose to believe that there is some mystery natural cure to these things that hasn't been discovered. That's your choice.

Everything you guys are talking about is f*cking debunked-

Incorrect.

there was no peter, he never existed

Incorrect.

there is 0 corroborating evidence from his supposed life.

There doesn't have to be additional evidence to support the fact that he existed. It's not like 2,000 years ago there was a newspaper on every corner recording everything that happened in the Middle East.

originally posted by: NovemberHemisphere
If miracles were real, so many children in the world on the brink of death would miraculously receive water and food; but they don't. .

No. God intercedes sometimes, but usually He doesn't.
Why? That's God's business. We don't know the mind of God.
Just because everyone doesn't receive a miracle doesn't mean they don't exist.

Where is your 'god' and your 'miracles'? Inside your own diseased imagination.

You have the same attitude as the snotty and arrogant militant Christian fundamentalists
You are very much like them. Mirror image. Congratulations.

I could list page after page of miracles. Investigated. Authenticated. Verified.
But I'll just list a few.

An example of two healings that were investigated by the Vatican and declared miracles.

The healing of a woman’s cancer: In 1981, a woman named Francesca Rubatto was diagnosed with terminal cancer and prayed to Saint Maximilian Kolbe to intercede to God for a cure. After praying and receiving a relic of Maximilian, Francesca’s cancer disappeared and she was declared cured by doctors. This miracle was recognized by the Church as a legitimate healing.

The healing of a man’s brain tumor: In 1983, a man named Antonio Bellomi was diagnosed with a brain tumor and given only a few months to live. He prayed to Saint Maximilian to intercede to God for a cure and received a relic of the saint. Shortly thereafter, the tumor disappeared and Antonio was declared cured by doctors. This miracle was also recognized by the Church.

Two other healings that were impossible yet happened from prayerful intercession by Saint Maximillian Kolbe - July 1948 cure of intestinal tuberculosis in Angela Testoni and in August 1950, the cure of calcification of the arteries/sclerosis of Francis Ranier. Both of these were investigated by the Vatican in an intensive process and declared miracles.

List of 67 verified miracles that have happened through prayer at Lourdes. Intense investigation through the Catholic church. Doctors and medical experts investigate and try to debunk. 67 of them listed here. Look at the more modern ones rather than the ones in the 1800s. The more modern ones have things like blood work and xrays and better information for verification process.
67 Verified Miracles at Lourdes

Instant. Impossible yet happens. Because of prayer to God.
70th Miracle at Lourdes Healing Officially Declared

The miraculous event involved a French nun, Sister Bernadette Moriau, who went on a pilgrimage to the shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in 2008. She had been suffering from spinal complications which had rendered her wheelchair-bound and fully disabled since 1980. She also said she had been taking morphine to control the pain.

“I felt a [surge of] well-being throughout my body, a relaxation, warmth…I returned to my room and there, a voice told me to ‘take off your braces,’” recalled the now 79-year old nun. “Surprise. I could move,” Moriau said, noting that she instantaneously walked away from her wheelchair, braces, and pain medications.

Moriau’s case was brought to the attention of the International Medical Committee of Lourdes, who extensively researched the nun’s recovery. They eventually found that Moriau’s healing could not be scientifically explained.

The Miracles That Made Pope John Paul II A Canonized Saint

The process of canonization in the Catholic Church requires two miracles. The first miracle for John Paul’s canonization was the healing of Sister Marie Pierre from Parkinson’s disease through his intercession. The second miracle healed Floribeth Mora Diaz's brain injury after an aneurysm left her terminal. FULL STORIES AT THE LINK

Mother Teresa Miracles for Sainthood

Cases of reported curative miracles are examined by the Catholic Church's Congregation for the Causes of Saints and a committee of medical specialists. If it can be shown the recovery fell outside the laws of nature with no scientific explanation, the prospective saint's intercession with God is considered to have brought about a cure.

In 1998, Monica Besra went to a Missionaries of Charity home in West Bengal, India, as she had a fever, headaches, vomiting, and swollen stomach. She had begun treatment for tuberculous meningitis the year before. However, the medications she'd taken — intermittently, depending on what her family could afford — hadn't kept a lump from growing in her abdomen (though some reports have described Besra as suffering from cancerous tumors, the growth could have been caused by tuberculosis). Surgery was deemed necessary, but Besra was too weak and unwell to undergo an operation.

On September 5, Besra was praying in the Missionaries of Charity chapel when she saw a light emanating from a photo of Mother Teresa. Later, a medallion that had touched Mother Teresa's body was placed on Besra's abdomen, and a sister said a prayer while asking Mother Teresa for help. Besra awoke early the next day to find her tumor had disappeared. Medical exams showed the abdominal mass was no longer there, and the doctors she'd seen agreed Besra no longer. ANOTHER MIRACLE CURE AT THE LINK

Instant. Impossible. Prayed to God. Verified miracles happened.
Google is your friend. TONS of verified miracles available to read.
edit on 2/22/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I was actually livinig in Alabama and was around during the time of this miracle.
Mother Angelica. Cloistered Franciscan nun - ran EWTN.
She had braces on her legs and back for decades.
Had to use crutches too. Couldn't move without them.

She had an injury earlier in life and couldn't walk without them.
She was in intense pain always.
I was a volunteer at EWTN and saw her with braces and crutches, and knew the story.
I knew Mother Angelica. We had our baby shower at her monastery by her invitation.

Mother Angelica had a LIVE show that she taught the bible and catholicism from.
After the liveshow she was praying with a woman and some others ... the woman
laid hands on Mother Angelicas legs, prayed to God, and told Mother Angelica to
take the braces off. Mother Angelica felt the legs and back heal, and she stood
and walked without the braces or crutches.

Video from after the healing - I know a lot of the people who are surrounding her in this video. She is walking without the braces. There are LOTS of videos available online that show her before the healing with the braces. She used crutches too. Couldn't move without them.

www.google.com... CAEQIRigATIHCAIQIRigAdIBCTQ4NzhqMGoxNagCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:c1f8bf37,vid:I9uY46RB3g4,st:0

edit on 2/22/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

(post by NovemberHemisphere removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join