It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checking on the status of the website

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PrivateAngel

This site and other sites are what the members make it to be.

No, that's just false ATS propaganda. Any website is what its owners make of it, nothing more or less. Its members have no say in the matter.

denyignorace.com is what a site created by ATS members looks like (and we'll soon see how that goes). But ATS itself is not, and never was such a site. It was created by some smart lads who outsmarted themselves with their plan to make money out of conspiracy theorists. The site they created was a stunninng popular success but they never learnt how to monetize it properly, leading to the situation that pertains here today.

It really doesn't matter whether or not the 'lights go out' next week. ATS really died in 2016, you know. It's like Zombieland now.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
denyignorance.com is just another sorry little blog site, albeit one put together by ex-ATS members.

It's a forum, not a blog.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   

ATS really died in 2016, you know.

Just curious, why that specific year?

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
I imagine he means "Trump was elected", but I always think that theory underestimates the long-term impact of December 2012 (Ascension did not happen).

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   

. ATS really died in 2016, you know. It's like Zombieland now.

Since it's 'dead' ... does that make you a ghoul, cuz' you are here and active.

Definition of GHOUL -

- an evil spirit or phantom, especially one supposed to rob graves and feed on dead bodies.

- a person morbidly interested in death or disaster.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Suddenly I find myself thinking of Springers old signature quoting Mark Twain.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   

(post by Astyanax removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

The truth is often not black or white like that - the truth is often complex.

So please consider different perspectives and the nuances here.

The owners have a responsibility to create a safe place for us to debate, if they don't, then their site will go down.

The members have a responsibility to act in a civilized way so thoughts can be shared in a responsible way.

And therefore we all are responsible for what happens.

If the owners of a site is corrupted and only support one sided debate, then it is a different story, but I have never felt that about this site.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I don't know about that, the Ron Paul crowd had a pretty loud voice here in 2008/2012, many migrated over to Trump, when nobody else really represented them, but I agree it did get really crazy in 2016.

I found ATS to be a sanctuary during that time, I myself quit, deleted or was banned from many sites, some I had been on for over a decade. It was a time of ultimate polarization in life and online.

For me ATS died when the log ins wouldn't work and the email reboot wouldn't work as well in the fall of 2023, like many others. I had been on every day at least twice a day and just stopped altogether with no ability to post.

This was the very best site for COVID stuff when it was in full swing.

Why I signed up in the first place was back in 2004 with the 9/11 conspiracy, which faded into obscurity over time.

Either way I am going to miss ATS, I am sad the owner didn't feel this site was more valuable, he should of re-sold if he didn't want it. If I had the coin I would have purchased it without hesitation, the information on here compiled by the members has a lot of historical value. Stuff not easily found in google searches because of the algorithm.

It's very said this will all be lost if ATS get blackholed to 404

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewGuy3

This was the very best site for COVID stuff when it was in full swing.

Bingo!

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 09:33 PM
link   

2015-2016 is when the ad market for sites like ATS fell apart and I had to (in large part) put ATS aside to find alternative income.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Quit checking on the status of the website!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
Quit checking on the status of the website!!!!!!!!!

And the name status is HERE

11 Days until May 18 and the status is still the same.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I don't think ATS will go dark....it will continue on " as is ", for what purpose...God only knows.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
I don't think ATS will go dark....it will continue on " as is ", for what purpose...God only knows.

How and why? Where will it get money to pay bills to keep it up and running? From what I have rad, the new owners seem to just ignore the place.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

Or until the database just crashes from lack of maintenance and lack of interest by an "owner/interested entity".
No one has dusted, mopped or added new scotch tape and paper clips for a year.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSkepticGuy23

2015-2016 is when the ad market for sites like ATS fell apart and I had to (in large part) put ATS aside to find alternative income.

Simple question: Who currently owns the website and pays the hosting fees?

There's no reason not to answer that. If you signed an NDA regarding that question - why would you sell it to that entity?

Didn't that raise alarm bells with you?

Not being judgmental, I just don't understand.

Thanks in advance.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join