It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain and real estate: the Okupas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Terpene

So, if my wife and I take a trip and my house is empty for the weekend, is it ok to just move in and say "It's mine now" ?

Apparently, it is okay in Spain if you're gone for more than 48 hours.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Wouldn't you love to see someone try that sh** here in the South ?

The Coroner's report would be an interesting read.

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Like I said check the object and don't proceed if you detect any activity.
if the house is in any use and the owner can proof that it will be an impossible feat to squat it, but if the object is on a piece of land that is increasing in price and the owner doesn't do anything with the object on it you're chances are better to get a pass.

I'm for using unused infrastructures instead of having homeless people sleeping on the street and freezing to death.

There are many urban house owners, that are not planing to renovate anytime soon and their objects are not rentable either.
so they just speculate for the price of the land to rise and sell the whole plot. Those houses are your best bet to find something to squat more than a week... But they are #ty....
Squatting a holiday time villa of some millionaires for a week or too, as to have some squatting holidays is fun, just know you'll have to run when you stay until the homeowners show up, better to have left before...
Don't be more destructive than breaking the necessary entry points, don't steal anything, stay stealthy!

Leave a thank-you message on the door, where you list any work you did on the house or garden and everything you didn't steal, tell them about their new set of keys because you had to fix the lock, and where you hid their new keys.

Fix everything you broke to enter, do some cleaning, or cutting in the garden if you know what you do, or fix something if you can, in short be a good squatter.
Enjoy your millionaires Holliday house...
edit on 10-2-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Wouldn't you love to see someone try that sh** here in the South ?

The Coroner's report would be an interesting read.

It might happen in urban areas. The thing with Spain is that squatting has political support all the way up to the national parliament, and people get prosecuted if they try to handle the situation on their own. In many places in the USA, I think the authorities would side with the property owner.

I live in Europe. The Mrs and I have considered moving to Spain, but the squatter situation makes moving there too risky, and now, knowing the politics behind it, I would never spend any amount of serious money on any kind of property in Spain. Nice to visit for a couple of weeks, but not more than that.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Which is a much better course of action if you want the status quo maintained...

We in the first nation's really have to make up out minds about that, we're but the henchman to keep the overwhelming majority of really poor in check, we'll never eat at the 0.01% table and from their perspective uper middle class and under the minimum is a neglactable gap.
Most of upper middle class is not fit to be living at the bottom, in a society where the filthy rich get their way either.

Robotics has oppend the door for their wet dream, and the jig is up.
If we're too stupid as a society to create our own system one thats better than before, maybe even an incorruptible one, if we're too stupid fot that and rather keep doing what we did we deserve whatever will be served.

This is an incredible opportunity and it will work out perfectly if we continue doing what we did, just not for us...

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Rural Spain is the same as every rural place, these things get settled amongst the people of the land. You can not win a confrontation coming from outside, you have to addapt a diffrent strategy all together.

If you're not stupid and have skills you can easily find somone that's willing to give you an empty place if he thinks he'll gain something...

Buildings tend to deteriorate much faster if inhabited.
the structure is designed to be lived in and kept at a steady temperature.
due to high temperature swings condensation inside the walls start to corrode parts that aren't designed to be exposed to water.
Continuous Water where it wasn't planned is the beginning of the end of most houses, structural integrity.

But hey some even have the money to heat empty houses

If you can do some basic plumbing and roofing, you can fix any place to make it bearable, and it's a win win already.

offer some work but keep it casual, you don't want to be no one's bitch...

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The Mrs and I have considered moving to Spain, but the squatter situation makes moving there too risky, and now, knowing the politics behind it, I would never spend any amount of serious money on any kind of property in Spain. Nice to visit for a couple of weeks, but not more than that.

Heh the poor northmen that wants to live out his pension as a king among the poor southerners?

posted on Feb, 10 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   

edit on 2/11/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

The Mrs and I have considered moving to Spain, but the squatter situation makes moving there too risky, and now, knowing the politics behind it, I would never spend any amount of serious money on any kind of property in Spain. Nice to visit for a couple of weeks, but not more than that.

Heh the poor northmen that wants to live out his pension as a king among the poor southerners?

"poor" southerners?

You clearly know nothing about the price of real estate in Spain.

And at the prices they want to sell for, yeah, having squatters protected by their law in the bargain ... makes zero sense.

Try again.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You're hardly the first, actually you're a little late to the party and the dynamics you see unfold are partially due to the rich northmen driving up Spains houseing prices in the last two decades making it unaffordable for the locals with their local wages to pay the prices...

I'm sure they won't miss our money... We on the other hand will miss their veggies big time once things go south...

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

You're hardly the first, actually you're a little late to the party and the dynamics you see unfold are partially due to the rich northmen driving up Spains houseing prices in the last two decades making it unaffordable for the locals with their local wages to pay the prices...

I'm sure they won't miss our money... We on the other hand will miss their veggies big time once things go south...

Don't recall claiming to be a "first".

But if one part of the Spanish real estate market wants to sell properties in the prices of hundreds of thousands of Euros (comparable to California) ... they need to get the government to address the background issues driving the Ocupados ... like political support for the practice ... and the criminal gangs that extort people for access to their own property.

The genuine poor who do that because they have no roof over their heads ... um, Spain is supposed to have social safety net, so where is it ? Kind of interesting the rich Leftist politicians seemingly have no interest in addressing that.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yeah, Spain is hot ATM, it still is a big hot-spot for all the secret societies and occultist that rose after the fall of the roman empire. There are powers that are hard to chanel into the establishment.

It has nothing to do with left or right, their methods are slightly diffrent their goal is the same. How you'd think that's any diffrent anywhere is beyond me...

I saw podemos rise trough the ranks and know what an absolute fraud they are.
Spanish people know, like no other nation, that it's all a fraud and even more so after the pilot strike where the king declared martial law or some such thing, and order airforce pilots to fly Comercial airplanes.

Is there organized crime taking advantage? sure, and if you follow the ties you might still end up in politics. It's all rigged and we all profit from it.

I'm sure you worked hard.
the world is a very big place, and I know there are others who work harder and never even came close to what we take as granted.
Saddly that's the vast majority earth's population.

If you thought we'll get away with it, well think again... Spain is the port to Europe, and it has already fallen

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

More of Europe has 'fallen' than many Europeans even realize. Yeah, I'm aware it is not the forever café society.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join