It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A recent interview with Richard Dolan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Understanding (Aid to Bible Understanding)

RELATIONSHIP TO KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM

... Knowledge and understanding together bring wisdom, which is the “prime thing,” the ability to bring a fund of knowledge and keen understanding to bear on problems with successful results. (Prov. 4:7) The person who is rightly motivated seeks understanding, not out of mere curiosity or to exalt himself, but for the very purpose of acting in wisdom; ‘wisdom is before his face.’ (Prov. 17:24) He is not like those in the apostle Paul’s day who assumed to be teachers of others but were “puffed up with pride, not understanding anything,” unwisely letting themselves become “mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words,” things that produce disunity and a host of bad results.—1 Tim. 6:3-5; see KNOWLEDGE; WISDOM.

Whenever the topic of wisdom and its relation to knowledge comes up in my commentary, I always like to use this scene from Star Wars, I love that scene (just couldn't do it before because I had more to quote and say, and I was way out of space; I know a trick to go over the allotted space, but it's a bit time consuming, and makes editing tricky, if you quote my comment, you can see how I do it, or at least get an idea):

Don't be like a droid (chatbot, or those glorified chatbots falsely referred to as artificial intelligence for marketing/propaganda reasons, where no intelligence like human intelligence resides, let alone understanding nor wisdom nor discernment). The god of this system of things likes to use his entire system and all his victims and pawns, both human and spirit, to condition and indoctrinate everyone to behave like droids or chatbots, programmed with a database of "persuasive arguments" with which to "delude" (Colossians 2:4), both themselves and others. From which they will play one after the other (accompanied by the behaviour and attitudes described at places such as 2 Timothy 4:3,4, Eph 4:14, Col 2:8; Heb 5:11-14, and those other texts I've been using; there are many more such texts, warnings and beneficial advice in the Bible but obviously I can't use them all here; true understanding of all these beneficial teachings can take years, especially if along with that, you apply the counsel at 1 Thess 5:21: "Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine." Which would require one to check up on sources, evidence, make observations, study human history and behaviour, all the other fields of real science, and of course, at all times use our "thinking ability"; just as Isaac Newton did. The standard modus operandi of any true and openminded scientist; therefore resisting both South Park's Agnostic Code as well as the philosophy of relativism. Just keep in mind, the English word "science" comes from the Latin scientia meaning "knowledge", which is also still a synonym for "science". Essentially, knowledge means familiarity with facts/certainties/realities/truths acquired by personal experience, observation, or study. I.e. things that are factual/true/certain/absolute/conclusive/correct, without error. Where you see a / I'm using synonyms. It does take some effort on your part to do it right. It is easy to do it wrong, like a programmed chatbot or droid.)

The apostle Paul warned that things would get worse in “the last days,” the time in which we are now living. “Wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse,” he wrote, “misleading and being misled [or, “deluding others and deluding themselves,” Phillips].”​—2 Timothy 3:1, 13.

And every time someone complains that the Bible is too vague or too open to interpretation, that is just one more demonstration (one more piece of evidence) for the description "they will not put up with the beneficial teaching", preferring that which 'tickles their ears', is more pleasing, interesting and intriguing to them (2 Tim 4:3,4; it's also underscored by my star to comment ratio in comparison with others here, so I thank you all for further opening my eyes) for those with a true understanding of "the full picture". Remember?

The “understanding heart is one that searches for knowledge”; it is not satisfied with a mere superficial view but seeks to get the full picture. (Prov. 15:14)

Source: Understanding (Aid to Bible Understanding)

I.e. "the full picture" as presented in God's Word (the Bible), the One who said:

“I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself.”​—ISAIAH 48:17.

After all, he did create us, so he should know best.

A direct message from Jehovah to all mankind recorded at Isaiah 45:

Just a small sample from the playlist earlier. OK, I went a little overboard again, there's probably a bit more than just "milk" (Heb 5:12) there, even more solid than just baby food. Digesting it all may prove somewhat tricky, but one can go a little bit at a time. Or just suckle on it until it gets soft enough.

edit on 2-2-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

If scripture can't define exactly what is accurate knowledge and full discernment how are we to discern what are the important things - it is vague and open to interpretation.

Coming back to a Bible text that was referenced in my first response to this, 2nd paragraph concerning "RELATIONSHIP TO KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM" (about understanding, somewhere in the middle, I'll repeat it further below).

Proverbs 4:7:

Wisdom is the most important* [Or “the prime.”] thing, so acquire wisdom,

And with all you acquire, acquire understanding.

Understanding (Aid to Bible Understanding)

... Knowledge and understanding together bring wisdom, which is the “prime thing,” the ability to bring a fund of knowledge and keen understanding to bear on problems with successful results. (Prov. 4:7) The person who is rightly motivated seeks understanding, not out of mere curiosity or to exalt himself, but for the very purpose of acting in wisdom; ‘wisdom is before his face.’ (Prov. 17:24) He is not like those in the apostle Paul’s day who assumed to be teachers of others but were “puffed up with pride, not understanding anything,” unwisely letting themselves become “mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words,” things that produce disunity and a host of bad results.—1 Tim. 6:3-5; see KNOWLEDGE; WISDOM.

1 Timothy 6:3-10:

If any man teaches another doctrine and does not agree with the wholesome instruction, which is from our Lord Jesus Christ, nor with the teaching that is in harmony with godly devotion, 4 he is puffed up with pride and does not understand anything. He is obsessed with arguments and debates about words. These things give rise to envy, strife, slander, wicked suspicions [whereislogic: the speciality of conspiracy theorists who have made a career out of it], 5 constant disputes about minor matters by men who are corrupted in mind and deprived of the truth, thinking that godly devotion is a means of gain. 6 To be sure, there is great gain in godly devotion along with contentment. 7 For we have brought nothing into the world, and neither can we carry anything out. 8 So, having food* [Or “sustenance.”] and clothing, we will be content with these things.

9 But those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare and many senseless and harmful desires that plunge men into destruction and ruin. 10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains.

Babylon the Great (Reasoning From the Scriptures)

What evidence points to the identity of Babylon the Great, referred to in Revelation?

Ancient Babylonian religious concepts and practices are found in religions worldwide

“Egypt, Persia, and Greece felt the influence of the Babylonian religion . . . The strong admixture of Semitic elements both in early Greek mythology and in Grecian cults is now so generally admitted by scholars as to require no further comment. These Semitic elements are to a large extent more specifically Babylonian.”—The Religion of Babylonia and Assyria (Boston, 1898), M. Jastrow, Jr., pp. 699, 700.

Babylon the Great is like an immoral harlot, one living in shameless luxury

Revelation 17:1-5 says: “‘Come, I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters [peoples], with whom the kings [political rulers] of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.’ . . . And upon her forehead was written a name, a mystery: ‘Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth.’” Revelation 18:7 adds that “she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury.”

Is it not true that the dominant religious organizations have made it a practice to consort with political rulers for power and material gain, though this has resulted in suffering for the common people? Is it not also true that their higher clergy live in luxury, even though many of the people to whom they should minister may be impoverished?

“The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet, and she was adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, and she had in her hand a golden cup that was full of disgusting things and the unclean things of her sexual immorality.” (Revelation 17:4)

In the video above they use the term "unique", but is it really?

edit on 5-2-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2024 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That was a remarkable interview.

I wished that they would have brought up the story of Phil Schneider. I would like to know if they thought that there was any validity in his claims about having discovered and being injured by an alien presence while building underground bases for the government, and also his claims about Dulce NM.

Many think he was a hoaxer but there were also many things brought out while he was lecturing about the aliens he encountered that were interesting enough to bring a great deal of attention to what he said before he died (or likely killed.)
edit on 5-2-2024 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've always thought Richard Dolan was a smug opportunist. Along with Bill Birnes and George Noory he forms the sleazy trio of Ufology. Linda Moulton Howe is their kooky female accomplice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join