It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron DeSantis Wants Ilhan Omar Expelled from Congress and Deported Over Somalia Comments

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 06:30 PM
link   

“the US government will only do what Somalians in the US tell them to do. They must do what we want and nothing else. They must follow our orders and that is how we will safeguard the interest of Somalia.”

Less then 4% of the US population is Somali. Why exactly MUST the US follow the orders of 4% of its population. Why would the US only do what 4% of its population calls for ... 4% assuming that all agree with the Congressman.

It almost sounds like she is threatening the US.

What if the US does not follow their orders? Could this incite violence in the population after being told the US MUST do what they want?

Omar, 41, also ranted against the governments of Ethiopia and Kenya, accusing them of having “stolen” territory from their neighboring nation and saying, according to the translation, that “we will liberate the occupied territories” of Djibouti, Somaliland and Kenya’s North Eastern Province, the latter of which has a large population of ethnic Somalis and Somali refugees

Does she plan to push for military conflict to "liberate the occupied territories"? What's with contemporary Democrats always wanting to start new wars?

edit on 30-1-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

She takes her oaths to The Constitution with one arm behind her back with her fingers crossed. 😀

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: ARM19688

This applies to almost all true believers in a particular faith.

Christians are Christian before American. Jews the same. Hindu, Zoroastrian, Sikh and so on.

One word : infidels.

What the Quaran says should happen to infidels

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   

She has a right to speech and was elected to represent her district. The absence of any major recall effort suggests to me her constituents approve of her actions & words as their representative.

Ron DeSantis should be discredited entirely now given his flagrant disregard for free speech, which is a main point this election under the atmosphere of mass censorship by corporations, the media, academia and the government itself (when it can get away with it).

Well no sh!t Sherlock, theres only more Somali descendant people in Minnesota than in Somalia. Shes been importing them here ever since getting into politics and they reproduce like rabbits on the taxpayers dime.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
a reply to: Sookiechacha

She takes her oaths to The Constitution with one arm behind her back with her fingers crossed. 😀

I wonder if a public official’s oath to uphold the constitution supersedes their freedom of speech.

I’m thinking that, ya, it does.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   

She has a right to speech and was elected to represent her district. The absence of any major recall effort suggests to me her constituents approve of her actions & words as their representative.

Ron DeSantis should be discredited entirely now given his flagrant disregard for free speech, which is a main point this election under the atmosphere of mass censorship by corporations, the media, academia and the government itself (when it can get away with it).

Not exactly. Right to free speech, but certain speech has consequences. She could say something like this and have that legally defined as "renouncing her US citizenship" by way of her own words..If what she said meets the requirement for doing such. In the job she is in right now, saying the words she said is just like renouncing her US citizenship, and in public, which is a requirement for this sticking to her, and now she can be expelled from her authoritative job.

With "free speech" comes responsibilities, especially if you hold public office. It isn't a license to defame America and the US government like she did, and words like that changes the game away from just your silly understanding of free speech.

If the role was reversed on someone the left hates for example, I'll bet you could find 50 or more judges and prosecutors who if her words weren't quite there, they would make it "there" using their current methods that ignore every real law on the books.. But her words already could bypass the need for twisting and she could be expelled without any legal horseplay.

edit on 30-1-2024 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It seems there will always be an army of idiots defending these America-hating radicals. Not just defending them, adoring them.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 07:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Total abortion ban for one. Seemingly for no other reason than the bible apparently says so.

Ha! Lol. You think the only reason someone could possibly have a problem with murdering children is Christianity !!!

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well, it seems 10 x worse than anything Trump has done, and they're trying to take him off ballots.

Also, to the people defending her and saying the free speech people want her silenced: I don't think she should be silenced. If she was silenced then we wouldn't know her allegiances are with a foreign government. Which I thought was illegal. I don't want her silenced at all. I just want her vote and job taken away. She can talk all she wants.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Words indeed have consequences.
She cried pretty hard when they justly booted her from the foreign affairs committee.
Unfortunately, skinnies tears are not edible.

It’s not even February yet and she’s begging for another censure.
I’m sure she’ll step up her game next time she needs attention.
I wonder what’s next.
edit on 30-1-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If she has done something illegal, sure that makes sense, but it would still have to be proven in a court. It seems the better way is to get the message out to her constituents who she really is, then let the voters decide.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marmalade
If she has done something illegal, sure that makes sense, but it would still have to be proven in a court. It seems the better way is to get the message out to her constituents who she really is, then let the voters decide.

it would still have to be proven in a court.

Oh that’s all but gone.
There’s new precedent being set.
Stay tuned.
The whiplash is going to be epic.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I bet, in Somalia, there is a politician from America who says they are American first and that Somalia will do what they say to advance American interests.

I'm absolutely positive that would go over quite splendidly for them.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 11:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Station27
Her district does happen to have a sizeable population of "Somali-Americans" so yes they are her constituents.

You talkin' to me!? It seems like you're talking about something other than what I was. I don't know why in the world you would do that. Can you comment directly to what I said?

You do know the difference between constituents and districts, right? Right? Stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You can’t deport a citizen from their own country.

And you can't subvert this country when you swore an oath to defend it.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You assume since I oppose your position I support the polar opposite position. This is false. I do not support at will abortion up to the day of delivery. Nor do I like abortion at all for that matter. Very unpleasant.

Exactly why do you oppose it? Is it because it's murder? The Bible says "Thou shalt not kill." And you said you had read the Bible. Haven't you got to that part yet? When you do, then come back.
edit on 30-1-2024 by Station27 because: You don't need to know the reason.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Total abortion ban for one. Seemingly for no other reason than the bible apparently says so. Personally I've read the bible in the past and didn't find the passage that says "no abortion" but hey ho.

That is one extreme, but I think there are more on the other extreme side of abortions up to partial-birth abortions. I don't think it is about abortions as much as the value of life and when the non-religious refer to the unborn as an "it" then that pushes the other side too. You know you found a good middle ground when neither side is happy with it. I remember when the non-religious liberals pushed that abortions should be a rare event, so maybe we should look at who actually changed in all this.

Outside of that there really isn't much more that I can see as biblical laws being pushed that are much different than what we see are just morals and ethics.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Where are all the allegations of colluding with Somalia?

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Plus she married her brother they say

<< 1  2   >>

join