It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron DeSantis Wants Ilhan Omar Expelled from Congress and Deported Over Somalia Comments

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Gov Ron DeSantis wants Ilhan Omar expelled from Congress and deported over her Somalia comments. Omar gave a speech in Somali language in Minneapolis in which she said the US government must do what Somalis in America tell it to do. In the speech she also said that she is Somali first and Muslim second. No mention of the USA or being American. Some are saying her speech is in direct violation of her oath of office to take care of America.

I think this isn't going to go anywhere. Omar is a mess. She shouldn't be in office. But the people put her there, voting her in, so we are stuck with her.

Ron DeSantis Wants Ilhan Omar Expelled from Congress and Deported Over Somolia Comments

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Tuesday that “Squad” member Ilhan Omar should be kicked out of both Congress and the US after video emerged of the far-left Democrat giving a speech in which critics say she placed Somali interests above those of the US.

“Expel from Congress, denaturalize and deport!” the former 2024 Republican presidential candidate wrote on X next to a clip of Omar’s remarks.

The latest controversy involving the Minnesota lawmaker kicked off after Omar delivered a Somali-language speech to a gathering of community leaders at a Minneapolis hotel Saturday night, during which she railed against plans by the Ethiopian government to enter a sea access deal with the breakaway Republic of Somaliland.

In a translated video of the remarks shared by DeSantis, Omar said that “the US government will only do what Somalians in the US tell them to do. They must do what we want and nothing else. They must follow our orders and that is how we will safeguard the interest of Somalia.”

“The US is a country where one of your daughters is in Congress to represent your interest,” added Omar, referring to herself. “For as long as I am in the US Congress, Somalia will never be in danger, its waters will not be stolen by Ethiopia or others … Sleep in comfort, knowing I am here to protect the interests of Somalia from inside the US system.”

edit on 1/30/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   
She has a right to speech and was elected to represent her district. The absence of any major recall effort suggests to me her constituents approve of her actions & words as their representative.

Ron DeSantis should be discredited entirely now given his flagrant disregard for free speech, which is a main point this election under the atmosphere of mass censorship by corporations, the media, academia and the government itself (when it can get away with it).

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

In the speech she also said that she is Somali first and Muslim second.

I wonder, can one be Israeli first and Jewish second, and still be an American?

Omar Ilhan took an oath to support the US Constitution, not America first MAGA-ism. I think De Santis is still steamed from losing to Nikki Haley, and trying to show Trump how deeply MAGA devoted he is by attacking irrelevant and low hanging fruit.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Deport that incestual Somalian!
And all of those illegal Somalians filling that district too!
Or maybe she should be hanged for treason.
Decisions decisions…,
How about we be charitable and flip a coin for it 👍

Ron DeSantis is the man 💪

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   

This is a good example of how America will be destroyed from within among many other ways like open borders invasion, our government has been infiltrated by terrorist from foreign nations that hates American and what they wants is to represent their own countries interest and not the American people's interest.

You know the tax payer and hard working Americans in America, no in somalia, palestinian and other.

This people in congress do not belong in our nation's politics, they just want Americas hard working tax payer and blood for their own personal interest.

Oman is a terrorist sympathizer that should ban her from been in congress and thrown on jail.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
She has a right to speech and was elected to represent her district.

I didn't realize her district was "Somalia."

You learn something everyday.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Station27

I was going to reply on that, but you know what I will leave it at that, it seems ignorance is a bliss after all.

US is becoming it seems the US of united nations, where every government representative will be protecting their own countries interest within the US and the hell with Americans.

Terrorist, cartels and the lowest of the lowest in society will be running very soon for positions of power openly.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

A politician pandering to her constituents?

I'm shocked.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Lil Ilhan will just say she's not somebody that did something. 😀

Ha [single clap]
Ha [single clap]
Ha [single clap]
Ha [single clap]
Ha [single clap]

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

In the speech she also said that she is Somali first and Muslim second.

I wonder, can one be Israeli first and Jewish second, and still be an American?

Omar Ilhan took an oath to support the US Constitution, not America first MAGA-ism. I think De Santis is still steamed from losing to Nikki Haley, and trying to show Trump how deeply MAGA devoted he is by attacking irrelevant and low hanging fruit.

After listening to her speech, did you think she might be inciting violence? 😃

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Station27

Well as long as you can be African-American, Italian-American, German-American, Arab-American, Chinese-American, Native American and so on, I see no reason why you can't be Somali-American.

Personally I think it'd be better to just go with every citizen is simply American regardless of culture or race, but that's just me.

Her district does happen to have a sizeable population of "Somali-Americans" so yes they are her constituents.
edit on 3012024 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   
EJECT Bob Menemdez FIRST.

Then Ilhan Omar.

First thing's first!

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   

took an oath to support the US Constitution

Having a liberal say that is an oxymoron.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
She has a right to speech and was elected to represent her district. The absence of any major recall effort suggests to me her constituents approve of her actions & words as their representative.

A good example of why mass immigration is not good for a country. I'm sure EU feels it much worse. You don't do mass immigration and just expect people to stop being loyal first to their old country and actually become Americans for real.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I agree completely.

But I remain against censorship and punishing someone for words alone.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I thought of a term last night. I haven’t bothered to google it to see it already exists.

“Migration Democracy”

From what I have observed, it doesn’t work. In fact it is self destructive.

Migration from areas of the world that don’t share our values is being encouraged.

This migration can be a good thing if it is legal and vetted. What we see now isn’t that.

What is happening now is that migrants are moving here for financial reasons and nothing else.

Bringing political ideologies that destroyed the living and financial conditions of their homeland with them and expecting the right to practice them is destroying things here.

Also, sending most of their earnings back to their families back home does absolutely nothing for our economy. It actually depletes it.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Everyone loves freedom of speech until someone says something that they don't like.

(post by Boogerpicker removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

took an oath to support the US Constitution

Having a liberal say that is an oxymoron.

HAHA! Right, and Swifties are the new "Enemies of The People.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

You hit the nail on the head there.

I agree 100%.

When a person moves to a country it should be because they espouse the traits of that country.

Nothing wrong with still identifying with your old culture but it should come second to your new home.

That’s what I, and many immigrants like me did.

I still like bangers and mash but don’t expect it to be on the menu.

<<   2  3 >>

join