It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Diversity Officer Accused of 40 Counts of Plagiarism

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Harvard Diversity officer plagiarism, not other university presidents.

Sorry that was hard for you to understand

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

None of us invent the things we learn.

I understand plagiarism in stealing someone else's research, or someone else's writings, verbatim, and then passing it off as your own (such as AI does), but universities and schools and colleges are learning institutions. Literally 100% of what they do is pass-on the ideas of others.

Citing all that, and even attributing it correctly, is almost impossible.

Who do you cite for the invention of fire, or the creation of a language, or even of specific words and terms?

And really, do you think that by not citing some sources, she was in fact making a claim that she was the originator of the ideas? If no claim of originality was made, was it actually misattributing?

Also, claims that she had plagiarised her husband's work in a paper that they co-authored will just never stand up in court. It moves the allegation into a category called 'vexatious litigation' and the anonymity of the complainant adds to the likely malicious and frivolous nature of the complaint.

edit on 2024-01-31T14:36:28-06:0002Wed, 31 Jan 2024 14:36:28 -060001pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Harvard Diversity officer plagiarism, not other university presidents.

Sorry that was hard for you to understand

You didn't understand my previous post as usual. Also plagarism has not been established yet, get it?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I understood it perfectly, you tried to derail the thread as usual and want to blame anyone and everyone else when it goes off topic because of you.

Not that hard to understand, well at least for most of us

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I understood it perfectly, you tried to derail the thread as usual and want to blame anyone and everyone else when it goes off topic because of you.

Not that hard to understand, well at least for most of us

I am pointing out that you are not understanding the context of what I post. FF and I have an ongoing discussion as to my finding about a claim of right wing conservative weaponizing plagarism with this DEI Officer and the other Harvard President.

So stay out of others' ongoing discussions of topics within topics if you are unable to understand or follow along.
edit on q00000028131America/Chicago3636America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q00000029131America/Chicago0808America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q00000029131America/Chicago3434America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Just like prosecuting Trump isn't weaponizing the court system if it's true.
It's called JUSTICE.

If it turns out NOT to be true ... THEN you have 'weaponizing'.

So let's say the first ten times they weaponized towards Trump and then they finally find something stupid that is true and they scream GOT YA and he gets max whatever it is. Justice wins again!

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

nothing burger my ass.

from the link you posted,

The panel, however, concluded that nine of 25 allegations found by the Post were “of principal concern" and featured “paraphrased or reproduced the language of others without quotation marks and without sufficient and clear crediting of sources.” It also found one instance where “fragments of duplicative language and paraphrasing" by Gay could be interpreted as her taking credit for another academic's work, though there isn't any evidence that was her aim.

so a 1/3 of the allegations were a principal concern.

cherry picking your quotes, should have known

... of principal concern... and their findings? No evidence that was her aim. Intent is everything.

Why are you taking this so personally? Would you honestly be defending somebody like Trump Jr. if they were in the exact situation with the exact "concerns"?

No. No you wouldn't. You are a disingenuous shill clinging to any bastion of the left regardless of right and wrong. Don't even bother answering because your dishonesty reeks of foulness.

You don't just accidentally forget all semblance of giving credit. Quoting, but not putting source is an accident. Not quoting at all several passages, is trying to make the words look like yours. Your only possible excuse for her could be she is just an absolutely terrible scholar in general who got DEI'd into an unearned degree.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Talk about the ultimate definition of a left wing mindset.

Going to get after me, saying I'm off topic and need to get back on the subject at hand. But when I say something to you for the doing the same thing it's me who is the problem.

You have your head so far up your own ass you don't know whether your #tin or spittin. You really do crack me up dude.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is hilarious lol this is what happens when you refuse to pick good people for any job it makes a big pot of crap

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

nothing burger my ass.

from the link you posted,

The panel, however, concluded that nine of 25 allegations found by the Post were “of principal concern" and featured “paraphrased or reproduced the language of others without quotation marks and without sufficient and clear crediting of sources.” It also found one instance where “fragments of duplicative language and paraphrasing" by Gay could be interpreted as her taking credit for another academic's work, though there isn't any evidence that was her aim.

so a 1/3 of the allegations were a principal concern.

cherry picking your quotes, should have known

... of principal concern... and their findings? No evidence that was her aim. Intent is everything.

Why are you taking this so personally? Would you honestly be defending somebody like Trump Jr. if they were in the exact situation with the exact "concerns"?

No. No you wouldn't. You are a disingenuous shill clinging to any bastion of the left regardless of right and wrong. Don't even bother answering because your dishonesty reeks of foulness.

You don't just accidentally forget all semblance of giving credit. Quoting, but not putting source is an accident. Not quoting at all several passages, is trying to make the words look like yours. Your only possible excuse for her could be she is just an absolutely terrible scholar in general who got DEI'd into an unearned degree.

An independent panel found her to have made minor citing mistakes not academic plagarism.

The only disingenous shilling going on is in this thread by members like you and others who use it as a means in which to spew hateful rhetoric while I try to have a real discussion about plagarism and post the facts about this specific case.

All those other white scholars holding elite offices in other universities not being mentioned in this thread, only POC and only in diversity roles says it all.

This is another ATS sideshow for right wing feelz good.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Going to get after me, saying I'm off topic and need to get back on the subject at hand. But when I say something to you for the doing the same thing it's me who is the problem.

You have your head so far up your own ass you don't know whether your #tin or spittin. You really do crack me up dude.

I know for sure I'm #tin every time I post on this thread and to members like you.

And your continued going off topic, as evidenced by me replying to your post (off topic) is what you do and the spittal is what is always dripping down your face.

And stop asking me for sources that are off-topic because you are always going off-topic. Actually stop replying to me from now on because you are disingenuous and are unable to hold a rational discussion without losing it.
edit on q00000001229America/Chicago4747America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Always gotta have the last word don't you?

I know for sure I'm #tin every time I post

Could have just stopped your sentence there bud. 10K+ replies and only 9k stars shows you are more about quantity than quality in these forums.

If you want to stay on topic so bad, why keep responding to "off topic" comments? Show us how smart you really are and just leave the moderating to the mods.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

And stop asking me for sources that are off-topic because you are always going off-topic. Actually stop replying to me from now on because you are disingenuous and are unable to hold a rational discussion without losing it.

Called free speech bud

And like you have been told several times, leave the moderating to the mods. If it's off topic they will let me know

BTW, that is your only complaint about me, nobody else has that problem so maybe you should look at the real root of your problems
edit on 1-2-2024 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Always gotta have the last word don't you?

I know for sure I'm #tin every time I post

Could have just stopped your sentence there bud. 10K+ replies and only 9k stars shows you are more about quantity than quality in these forums.

If you want to stay on topic so bad, why keep responding to "off topic" comments? Show us how smart you really are and just leave the moderating to the mods.

The only reason I reply to you about off topic is because you are insinuating in your signature that when I am asked for sources that I try to dodge it by claiming it's off topic. You neglect to add that is because you are always off topic and always drag people on tangents then ask for sources which are off topic.

You are disingenous and I won't stand for you or others to misrepresent me or others.

Got it! If you continue to harass and misrepresent me or others you won't ever hear a last word.

Stop replying to me with insults and you will never see another reply to you. Try it, it will work.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Called free speech bud

And like you have been told several times, leave the moderating to the mods. If it's off topic they will let me know

BTW, that is your only complaint about me, nobody else has that problem so maybe you should look at the real root of your problems

I've seen others here directly call you out and you pull off the same stupid "I'm doing nothing" or "it's you" BS. We see your true colors.

The real root of the problem here is members like you are unable to hold a rational discussion about sensitive topics without losing it and that's not my problem, it's yours.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

With members like you it's a mountain to climb to make you see sense.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

You are the only one that calls me out for being "off topic", you don't have to lie about it bud. We all see it

You aint going to get rid of me off this forum, so feel free to kick rocks bub.

Nobody is forcing you to stay here, can't say we would be worse off if you were gone.

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

You are the only one that calls me out for being "off topic", you don't have to lie about it bud. We all see it

You aint going to get rid of me off this forum, so feel free to kick rocks bub.

Nobody is forcing you to stay here, can't say we would be worse off if you were gone.

I don't want to get rid of you off this failing forum, for what it's worth you aren't that important nor is this forum.

So whether you are here or not here it will make no difference to me, because you don't matter.

What matters to me or what I enjoy is being able to have a decent rational discussion without people like you trying to paint a poster or me as some sort of leftie when any difference of opinion or thought is offered up. It's disgusting behaviour and then you go off on off topic tangents and when I refuse to follow along, you go on rants like the ones you are having right now then blame other members.

You are not that important on this failing site, none of us are, always remember that.

edit on q00000016229America/Chicago3434America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You spend way too much time going out of your way to try and make me look like the bad guy for me not to be important to you.

It's quite flattering, but I'm married and don't need someone groveling at my feet 24/7, I have dogs that already dot hat, so feel free to find someone else to adore and bother.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join