It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Diversity Officer Accused of 40 Counts of Plagiarism

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: network dude

Again, that's not for anyone to decide but the university.

please tell me you don't believe that any of us here have the ability to demand anything of our elected leaders or the leaders of Harvard and they respond. This is an anonymous discussion site where people have opinions. If someone has an opinion that runs counter to yours, and you feel strongly enough about being right, you offer proof and facts to support your position. (it's called debate)

Hope this helps clear things up for you.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

please tell me you don't believe that any of us here have the ability to demand anything of our elected leaders or the leaders of Harvard and they respond. This is an anonymous discussion site where people have opinions. If someone has an opinion that runs counter to yours, and you feel strongly enough about being right, you offer proof and facts to support your position. (it's called debate)

If we are discussing facts directly related to their mission statement and hiring practices, then you absolutely can not demand anything of Harvard in that respect.

Harvard is ranked #3 of the best national universities, why do you think that is? And #1 for value.

edit on q00000058131America/Chicago2727America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

After all the crap they have been doing lately I doubt their prestigious standing will mean anything anymore, just like the Roman empire and they will fold on themselves.

BTW stop twisting facts.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: quintessentone

After all the crap they have been doing lately I doubt their prestigious standing will mean anything anymore, just like the Roman empire and they will fold on themselves.

BTW stop twisting facts.

What facts have I twisted? The facts that you don't want to know

Like Harvard being prestigious since 1636.
edit on q00000015131America/Chicago1818America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Greed runs the world, that is for sure, especially when prestigious universities and colleges are taking millions of foreign monies from countries that are not friendly to the US and our policies, like whores they will cater to their biggest money giving interest.

That reminds me of the time I was watching a CNN piece on modern slavery and slavetrade in Africa (including the topic of immigrant workers), and in between they had a commercial for Qatar Airways (statefunded), the place where a large percentage of these slaves and immigrant workers end up and are exploited (at the time they were building the stadiums for the FIFA WC, dying by the bushes with passports confiscated by their 'masters' so they couldn't leave, and often not getting paid or with delayed or reduced pay, living in squalor and unhealthy conditions with too many people in the same space sharing the same facilities; a place they even had to pay rent for). At the time, many talking heads, including politicians or political lobbyists, and individual footballers or their marketeers (the ones hyping these actors on TV) were talking about possibly boycotting the WC, especially in European nations, and they all went anyway (the ones who qualified). Every last one of them.

Of course, the FIFA WC is no different than WWF/WWE wrestling, just as scripted in favor of those teams (markets) that draw in the highest viewer ratings and where broadcasting rights are the most valuable and advertising revenue is the highest. Just check out all WC winners of the last 50 years and you can see what I'm talking about. Those are all the biggest wealthiest markets for football (in terms of advertising revenue and the value for broadcasting rights):

Germany
France
Brazil
Italy
Argentina
Spain
edit on 31-1-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If we are discussing facts directly related to their mission statement and hiring practices, then you absolutely can not demand anything of Harvard in that respect.

Harvard is ranked #3 of the best national universities, why do you think that is? And #1 for value.

in this instance, I can only offer time as a reality check for you. revisit this a year from now, and see if Harvard still retains it's spot on that list. If it does, then I'm wrong. If not, then well, you know.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A bit of true know facts about Harvard prestigious standing

First from the top universities they take the least poor students as they show on their pell grand students enrollment.

Second, they have dropped to number 15 in the top number universities as per Forbes numbers.

In Forbes rankings, Harvard plummets to No. 15 while others rise to top Yes, you’re reading this correctly: Harvard University is at No. 15 on this year’s Forbes list of America’s Top Colleges.

In a stunning dismissal of prestige and legacy in favor of retention and the power of Pell, Forbes delivered a heavy blow to one of the most highly respected institutions in the country, one that was No. 1 as recently as 2019. But with a changing methodology that now favors value and access for all, Harvard and many other traditional universities that once dominated the top have fallen in 2022. Their value is still great, but not compared with others, including No. 1 neighbor Massachusetts Institute of Technology and No. 2s Stanford University and the University of California at Berkeley.

“Harvard doesn’t stack up to Forbes’ list leaders on a couple of measures. The first is retention rate,” wrote Emma Whitford, Forbes’ senior education reporter, in a separate article on the topic of why Harvard isn’t near the top, referencing its failures to bring back students during COVID-19 in 2020 at just 76%. “On top of pandemic-worn retention rates, Harvard scored poorly on Forbes’ Pell index [factoring the number of Pell students and their 6-year graduation rates].”

And this is without the scandals in the resent months since October 10.

Harvard is no longer number one.

universitybusiness.com...

Plagiarism will be the downfall off the great harvard.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

in this instance, I can only offer time as a reality check for you. revisit this a year from now, and see if Harvard still retains it's spot on that list. If it does, then I'm wrong. If not, then well, you know.

Sure I can't wait. / sarc

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's good to see the Technocrats are being scrutinized.

edit on 31-1-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Or they could just stop being dishonest (for a change). I know, it's not that profitable or advantageous to their careers, but they might for once set the right example for those I have conversed with lately in the thread about atheism and morality.

I think the bigger picture is these people who do it lack in intelligence and/or talent to where they need to scam to be successful. These people basically scam their way through life. Might as well cheat on tests or buy a phd online etc.

When we look at Harvard we would expect the President would be one truly talented person with excellent academic accomplishments, and it seems she is just some hardly average person who got there because she is a Black female and not because she is actually the best for the job.

edit on x31Wed, 31 Jan 2024 13:43:07 -0600202430America/ChicagoWed, 31 Jan 2024 13:43:07 -06002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If these university elite are found guilty then they should be fired but are always allowed to step down. Gay quit and this DEI Officer has not yet been found guilty of anything.

After Gay, the most high-profile presidential plagiarism case in the past few years is arguably that of Robert Caslen, who stepped down from the University of South Carolina in 2021 after he admitted to swiping a quote for a commencement speech without proper attribution.

www.insidehighered.com...#:~:text=After%20Gay%2C%20the%20most% 20high,commencement%20speech%20without%20proper%20attribution.

While some of her conservative critics crudely took credit for the takedown, Gay’s decision to resign over plagiarism charges follows what has largely been the trend for presidents accused of such actions—even when those claims are not accompanied by a political sideshow, as hers were. Some scholars have suggested that plagiarism allegations are being weaponized against college presidents, but Gay did what many of her peers have done in the past when confronted with similar accusations: she resigned.

Jonathan Bailey, founder of the website Plagiarism Today, who has served as an expert witness in plagiarism cases, argues that weaponizing such allegations has a long history. But he believes the plagiarism war is changing, moving away from metaphorical guns and into its nuclear phase, in which the tools are used primarily to advance a political agenda.

“Plagiarism has been weaponized for as long as there’s been plagiarism in politics. Because when you’re calling someone a plagiarist, you’re fundamentally calling them a liar. You’re calling them someone who can’t be trusted. It’s a convenient way to disparage an opponent’s name,” Bailey said.

Where is the ATS sideshow for Caslen and all the others?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Where is the ATS sideshow for Caslen and all the others?

can you link to the thread you did on that please?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

“Plagiarism has been weaponized for as long as there’s been plagiarism in politics. Because when you’re calling someone a plagiarist, you’re fundamentally calling them a liar. You’re calling them someone who can’t be trusted. It’s a convenient way to disparage an opponent’s name,” Bailey said.

It's not 'weaponizing' if it's true.
It's called JUSTICE.

Just like prosecuting Trump isn't weaponizing the court system if it's true.
It's called JUSTICE.

If it turns out NOT to be true ... THEN you have 'weaponizing'.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

It's called JUSTICE.

It's called JUSTICE.

Harvard Board stood behind Gay, she stepped down anyway for minor citing mistakes, no academic plagarism was found.

The DEI Officer is guilty until proven innocent.

Why bring up Trump? Sheesh. Is this what it is really about?

Where's the sideshow for the other uni. presidents FF?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Note the content of the comment I was responding to there. Do you remember how in the other thread I was talking about those re-defining terms to hide what they're up to in a very dishonest manner? I gave a list of terms that have been re-defined by philosophers posing as scientists and educators/teachers worth listening to (and worth buying books from):

evolution
information
species
nothing (this one is really ridiculous and embarassing I hope. Some of the culprits are: Stephen Hawking, Lawrence Krauss and Richard Dawkins)

and I went into more detail about:

hollow bones

Psychology: Dawkins&Krauss selling the philosophy and contradiction that nothing is something (playlist)

In context:

Psychology: The Art of selling nonsense/contradictions (Prologue: Stephen Hawking's nonsense)

Embedded (starting one video before the above one):

These types are very good at making you listen to their stories and admire them for them, even when they are false, as usual, I'm referring to 2 Timothy 4:3,4 (these videos from the show Stargate Atlantis make more sense if you have seen S3E3 "Irresistible").

Bonus:

edit on 31-1-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Why bring up Trump? Sheesh. Is this what it is really about?

It was an example of what is and isn't 'weaponizing'. And it was a good one.

Discussing that an elite college higher up plagiarized isn't a 'side show'.
And as for the other university presidents ... that's up to others to go
investigate and report on. Did their schools engage in antisemitism
and have to testify in front of congress, thus drawing attention to
themselves and their hypocrisy? That's why Harvard is getting
checked up on. They brought it on themselves.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

It's called JUSTICE.

It's called JUSTICE.

Talk about off topic

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

No only check on, they are losing their biggest donors are an alarming rate.

$500 million Harvard megadonor halts donations, says elite schools produce ‘whiny snowflakes’

And not this is not about racism or skin color.

New York
CNN

Hedge fund billionaire Ken Griffin, who has donated more than $500 million to Harvard University over the years, has halted contributions to his alma mater and claimed elite schools produce “whiny snowflakes.”

Griffin, one of the richest people in the world, joins a growing list of donors to Harvard, the University of Pennsylvania, Columbia and other top schools who have decided to close their checkbooks.

At a conference in Miami on Tuesday, Griffin expressed deep frustration with the state of American universities, including the disastrous testimony before Congress by the presidents of Harvard, MIT and UPenn.

www.cnn.com...

Harvard and many prestigious universities are the biggest educators of those that are to become leaders of our nation, but obvious thanks to the state of our politics right now, is ok, to lie, cheat and plagiarize as per the top instructors in Harvard has been accused off.

That is what will be running the nation in the future, if we have any nation left by then, the rats will be running the nation.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Lets add to the Harvard creators of future leadership the various foreign entities that have their eyes on our government to carter to their countries of origin best interest, while crapping on the American tax payer.

What a future.
edit on 31-1-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

It's called JUSTICE.

It's called JUSTICE.

Talk about off topic

Oh that's right, this thread's topic is absolutely not about plagarism.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join