It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have online friends who think that hating fireworks is somehow political?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Get in losers, I'm going to complain and be awkwardly comedic while I make fun of people who hate fireworks for no reason.

Why?

No reason. LOL but here's why I'm justified.

Listen up:

I revisited a facebook post an acquaintance made randomly this past July about fireworks. Dude who posted thinks that fireworks = conservative and hating fireworks = liberals. He also thinks that only hilbillies like fireworks and here I am wondering which hillbillies would be rich enough to afford set off tons of fireworks for hours. Sounds like upper middle class people who have disposible income, not redneck fishing hillbillies. Because of course conservatives and people who like being pattriotic must be dumb and southern. Right, because that's not weird or asinine to say or anything.

Anyway, others comment saying ugh fireworks and these people talking are in their twenties and thirties and should be having fun and enjoying life and they're wasting their time complaining about cool stuff. Lol they should git gud and complain about annoying stuff like me. lol

Biased article from terrible non-legitimate source USA Today "news" article: America's right to bear fireworks continues to make American Independence Day divisive

A 2021 YouGov poll surveying over 6,000 people found that 1 in 5 Americans don't like fireworks. Their personal vendetta against fireworks goes beyond noise disturbance though that can be reason enough. Fireworks temporarily worsen air pollution, often trigger PTSD for veterans and gun violence victims and anger owners of frightened pets. Madison May Jones, a 49-year-old veteran from Seattle, used to be a Fourth of July enthusiast but now she can not bear the holiday. She said she developed PTSD by working as an ironworker for nearly three decades, always fearing falling while working at extreme heights and panicking at any loud sounds.

Am I a bad person for finding that hilarious and idiotic? Sounds like she has anxiety and needs therapy for her intrusive paranoid thoughts. Or maybe I'm wrong and she does have PTSD despite no trauma actually occurring. Sorry, but nobody forced her to traumatize herself by working as an ironworker, if we're going to pretend to believe her. I see that as not my problem and certainly not the fault of fireworks or the people who like to set them off.

However, the weird fact stands: Why would people diagnosing themselves with PTSD over ironworking (true story: see the lady in the article who trivializes PTSD to such an extent I doubt she has spoken to a professional and if she has been diagnosed, she's been woefully lazy with seeking help) decide to hate the Fourth of July and not...say...also a concert?

Last time I went to a concert outside, there were pyrotechnics...kinda why concerts cost a fair bit for seats up close (to see the show and the lights and *fireworks*)...

The horror!

LOL--Oh, and I take this all personally because my birthday is on the 5th and I pretend the fireworks celebrate me

So I find it hilarious and annoying that people want to be contrary when it's not their birthday holiday, so they should stuff their opinions straight up their ___ where it belongs

Hehe

Kidding/not kidding.

I think it's super weird and I wanted to vent about how it annoys me and how it sucks one can't make fun of it because of the fact that people have convinced themselves that they're victims and it's horrible.

Oh or because of the Canadian wildfires this summer my facebook friends were bellyaching that the fireworks are killing the environment...(*snorts with wild mirth*)

Yeah. Because the evil fireworks are to blame for wildfires in Canada. Not.

What [bleep]ing morons. I wish everyone would stop being so depressing and [bleeping] stupid

lol [bleep] this [bleep]

Clown World, indeed.

Tell me about something that irritates you about the post-modern era. I'd love to commiserate and feel validated. One thing the lefties have right is talking about their feelings. Feelings are legit as long as once they're shared they don't become all that actually matters to the point where logic is eschewed for emotion. I hate that nonsense. I have plenty of time for stupid conversations that are entertaining, but I draw the line at overly-emotional poppycock.

It's cool to feel and talk about emotions, but it's even cooler when what one talks about isn't just made up lies and is actually true and not as a half-arsed virtue signal.

I'm a lazy person about plenty since I'm an only child and I didn't have to try to ace school and college but...the level of idiocy is making me feel like getting a ph.D just to be able to interact with non-morons sometimes is a good idea, regardless of cost or debt incurred. I don't want to become mean, so I think going where the books are is one potential solutions ("NOTHING GROWS OUT HERE. NOTHING'S GONNA GROW OUT HERE" lmao)

Too bad it's frowned upon to scream at people for comedy these days.

I figure people being irritating is nothing new, but I feel like people aren't getting any less idiotic. They're just getting louder.

Gross.

Anyone here able to not get annoyed with their peers these days? I can't stand the younger crowd. I prefer my immediate family and choose to not associate with most people to avoid the drama, depressed people, and idiocy. Not sorry :cheer:

Have a good Thursday, ATS. I hope you enjoy my candid jokes. I love people...Oh well. Good thing I'm just being dramatic.

Joking or not, I seriously think that USA Today article and quote are among the WORST I've ever seen as I think the article and quote on their own are enough to prove that a new level of idiocy has been unlocked by the general public.

*** NEW ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: SUPREME IDIOCY! ***

You're welcome for exposing you to that stupid article. It was my pleasure. xD

Peace out.

And the heathen firework haters fail the vibe check.

Burn the heathens at the stake or something! Yeah! (*mob psychology intensifies for dramatic effect*)

Okay byeeee~thanks and sorry to anyone who read my rant. It was pointless but fun to write. I hate that USA today quote so, so much

edit on ❥1/24 by Abhorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   
CONTINUED

P.S.
Throw USA Today IN DA TRASH! (See Jackie in video below)

Watch more and become a grain of salt.

IT IS DE WAY.

I love Nerdecrafter. She's smart and entertaining and I adore her saltiness. Jackie is a whole mood and I'm here for it.

Anyway bye again. Thanks to any who share experiences of stuff that annoys them, since I'd love to hear about other stupid things that people decide to give themselves mental health problems over. It's not funny but it's also funny because it's so mindbogglingly ridiculous. That's my weird hill and I'm dead on it.

How about you? I'd love to hear your weird hills to die on that relate to the post modern era.

Do tell.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Abhorsen

I've said it before.

I'll say it again.

I'll keep saying it. Sadly, it's become something of a mantra for me ...

ETA: My wife's birthday is July 4. Every year, if we're in the US, I order up a massive fireworks display to celebrate the day of her birth. She's never said "Thank you."

:
edit on 2024 1 18 by AwakeNotWoke because: ETA.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Well I can't do roman candles because they scare me! I've tried to do them and always end up panicking and throwing it so it spins wildly and shoots in every direction. Not good in a populated area. I stick to fountains I like them. But I think people who dislike fireworks on the 4th are generally unpatriotic and hate America. Just saying that because usually they're the flag haters too. Actual PTSD survivors and dogs excluded. I understand the people with actual PTSD not liking them or being triggered by them.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Fireworks are racist. They come in every color except ultraviolet. It horribly unfair that people that identify as ultraviolet are intentionally excluded from celebrating by the privileged observable spectrum racists.
Now I have to go to my cry closet.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Recently there have been couple of summers where fireworks for our national holiday were banned in certain areas. It was very dry, too dry to play with fire, although I like fireworks i get that.

There is alot of water and the local government made some nice stuff over the lakes and rivers. But the common folks shouldn't be caught lighting fireworks or face a hefty fine.

Maybe let's ban fireworks for good and go back to shooting in the air, that will also solve a little of the population density issues...

Have you seen the latest drone lightshows, if it was just the visual they should fill the need, but i feel like with fireworks it's something more savage that gets triggered...

Kids are intuitively scared of the bang, and only adults with a messed up adrenaline household find pleasure in that...

The ritual in itself is a reminiscent of we have won the war, let's celebrate with what we got left.

The visual non lethal artistic fireworks only became prominent when the bullets coming back down became a problem.

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

You sound like a very kind and romantic husband. If she hasn't spoken out against it, I'm sure she appreciates your hard work to show your love for her. How sweet and lovely! God bless you guys
Thank you for sharing.

You guys live in Europe, otherwise? /Can I ask which country without sounding rude and nosy?
(Sounds awesome and fun to be able to live in more than one place around the world, and what a cool idea to have homes in different countries.)

I love the idea of traveling between residences. Closest I've experienced was when my grandmother had a house in Mexico. Not quite comparable, but I can appreciate how wild it must feel if there's any language barrier that you experience along with a cultural one when traveling between your homes.

One day I hope to travel to Europe and such. The Caribbean and South America rock, but it's not where one goes to do a deep-dive history tour about western civ.

Hm. Maybe she thinks you're celebrating America when you're celebrating her birthday. Just my initial reaction, but next time ask her if she enjoys it. I'm curious. My parents loved to tell me the fireworks were for me when I was a kid and we still keep up the fun to this day. I love it lol it's funny and a good time.

Fireworks on one's birthday rock! No matter the reason

edit on ❥1/24 by Abhorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I have nothing against organised firework displays on certain days so us pet owners can slip the pets a sleeper , but I have noticed there is a massive uptake in people letting of fireworks when ever they want .

I have heard a lot of stories of pets dying of heart attacks with the noise of people going crazy with tens of thousands of pounds of fireworks just for somebodys birthday ..

My last dog was terrified of fireworks and would viberate with fear on hearing them , one night i could not figure out what was wrong with him when we were out for a walk ,When I got home I turned the television on and there was a firework display 16 miles away , and I heard or saw nothing

posted on Jan, 18 2024 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It's a waste of public funds. Have all the private shows you want...just keep the noise on your own property too.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I could literally beat my head against a wall cos every year we here the same mantra "stop fireworks cos it frightens dogs" BS, BS, BS. Dogs are only frightened because their owner put their prejudices on them. How. Why. Have none of you ever come into contact with gun dogs? Dogs that have 12 gauges firing within 3 feet of their ears. Now why aren't those dying from heart attack, or shaking with fear???? Why? Because they've been trained, ie. by their owners, to ignore loud noises and its the same with horses. I had a dog and she absolutely loved fireworks, I could not keep her in the house, she had to be outside with the kids.

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Your avitar needs a boob job and the Chinese love fireworks going back 1000's of years.

To mission accomplish #1 just eat more USA grown and hormone induced chicken and milk as you will be heavenly endowed by thy creator.

Walla.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jan, 19 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   

edit on 1/19/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join