It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and UK Begin Attack on Yemen--Reuters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:08 AM
link   
According to new reports... the US/UK attacks hit mostly empty facilities with little or no Houthi casualties.
Looks like they knew it was coming ahead of time.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Taiwan just elected a new President...making it a 'sure thing' that China will invade.

It will now have to happen before the US elections.

Who thinks Biden is ready to handle this?
edit on 13-1-2024 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So Britain and the USA are raining munitions down on Yemen, one of the world's poorest countries and one already devastated by war.

Not a good look. A propaganda coup, in fact, for the enemies of the West -- just like the Gaza trap into which Hamas has lured Israel.

In the Atlantic magazine today, I read an article titled 'The Houthis Have Backed Iran Into a Corner.' The substance of it was that the Houthi tail is now wagging the Iranian dog. I couldn't make out whether the article was propaganda or just stupidity. Probably a bit of both.

In fact, Iran (and other members of the loose anti-Western coalition of convenience that includes Russia and possibly China) have drawn the West into a Middle Eastern trap in which it is compelled to act ever more aggressively and brutally against small, comparatively helpless nations, confirming the narrative of America as a bloated international bully and the rest of the West as its malign sidekicks.

Since ultimately the real power of the West is cultural not economic or military, nothing could damage it more. Amazing how the Iranians have stayed one step ahead of the Western alliance ever since the Shah was hounded out of the country. Never underestimate the Persians; their civilization is older than the West, and anciently wise.

edit on 13/1/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Interesting post.

Persia may be old and wise...but China ain't no spring chicken either.

Consider that Iran, as part of it's new axis with China and Russia...is using it's proxies to entangle the US/UK at China's bidding.

With Taiwan's new President, an invasion looks to be a certainty.
All the more reason to get the West logistically tied down in the ME...along with the Ukraine when it occurs.

In short, China, Russia and Iran are running a 'tag team' attack against the US to drain and encumber it, while it still has it's weakest and most incompetent leader at the helm.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

No, I don't see anything like that.

You have to consider the strategic relations among all nations, not see them all as focused on America -- as though America were the sole factor determining the relations among the countries of the world! No, Iran and China each follow their own foreign-policy courses. Iran isn't worried about the Taiwanese elections and Beijing is steering well clear of the Middle Eastern quagmire.

edit on 13/1/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

BUT,...it IS actually all about the US.

I know it sounds USA-centric...but, honestly, ask yourself...

What is the one Superpower in the world that actually stands in the way of what China, Russia and Iran...militarily wish to achieve.

There's really only ONE.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
True!

I'm happier with my country being a useful lapdog for the US, than say China, Russia, or even the George Orwell styled EU!

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
the UN Peace-keeping Forces need deployed in terrorist controlled Yemen

the civilian population there are technically 'hostages'

the peace-keepers supreme mission will be to protect the civilian masses by hiding beacons at all terrorist assets/cache's for missile attack by USA/UK smart bombs, ergo removing the terrorists leverage over the peaceful populations

at present, terrorists are setting cargo prices/ insurance costs with the G20 effectively paying 'Ransome' for trade & supply lines being at the whim of disruptors/bad actors
edit on 13-1-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 06:42 PM
link   

China can't afford a full on confrontation with the USA and its allies.
Their economy is #ed and if they are to recover they are reliant on western purchase power.

Are Taiwan, Ukraine and Islamic extremists worth jeopardising their whole economy?

Sure they meddle, interfere and try to influence, but all out war?
May be wrong but I honestly can't see it.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

China can't afford a full on confrontation with the USA and its allies.

I wouldn't be so sure about that , with the West tied up in the Ukraine conflict and now supporting Israel financially and militarily there's never been a better time especially as Taiwan has today elected an anti-China President.

China's Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council has said that Taiwan's election result cannot halt "the unstoppable trend of the eventual reunification of the motherland".

Spokesman Chen Binhua, was quoted in Chinese state media as saying that the 40% mandate received by Lai, and the performance of his Democratic People's party (DPP) in the legislative elections, showed that the DPP "could not represent the mainstream public opinion on the island".

"Our position on resolving the Taiwan issue and achieving national reunification remains consistent and unwavering," he added.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I get that mate.....but an all out confrontation with the US and its allies?
China has no where near the ability to project its military might like the USA has and whilst I acknowledge their resources etc it pales into insignificance if there were to be a no holds barred war with the USA.

China isn't stupid, what does it actually gain by all out war?

Lets just hope it doesn't come anything like that.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Thing is what would the US do ? , funding Taiwan in the same way as Ukraine isn't viable and the chances of the US going to war with China are slim to none , Russia and Israel are doing as they please so why not China.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   

What is the one Superpower in the world that actually stands in the way of what China, Russia and Iran...militarily wish to achieve.

Nobody disputes this, but it doesn't mean that all America's enemies are in an alliance against it.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 07:14 PM
link   

China plays the long game.
I honestly don't see what it gains by invading Taiwan at the moment. Not saying it won't at some point, just not now. The potential gain when weighed up against the potential loss is marginal at best.

China faces massive problems at home.
History suggests if anything it will turn inwards on itself, put its own house in order and then possibly start addressing other issues.

edit on 13/1/24 by Freeborn because: repeating myself?

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Japan has already said they will sail with the SDF to defend Taiwan, we will be dragged into it whether biden wants to or not.

Hopefully, it would be a hammer blow not a love tap that gets delivered.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Japan has already said they will sail with the SDF to defend Taiwan, we will be dragged into it whether biden wants to or not.

Reports suggest the US/UK strikes were love taps as well.

Houthis work for Iran.

If your neighbor walks his dog and holds it's leash while it craps in your yard...you don't swat his dog.

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 03:51 AM
link   
houthis have attacked a Russian oil ship

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien1982

So will Putin hold a 2 year "Special Operation" in Yemen now?

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

its 2024 everything is a possibility at this point

imagine if the Russians the US and UK defeated them together I mean thats how weird its getting why not right

edit on 15-1-2024 by sapien1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Reports suggest the US/UK

This was my fear. It was just so Biden could say he did something and look tough.

Instead his loud and clear message to Iran was: "I'm weak. Keep escalating. I don't have the balls to stop you."

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join