It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first ever sighting of a possible UFO.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Thanks for the reply.

Soon as i read your thread, i thought " Hang on i am sure i have seen the same thing myself "

Not seen it again since that last sighting in 2020, it has probabaly relocated to your neck of the woods.

Out of interest, what aproximate time did you observe it ? I always saw it around 9.30 - 11.00 pm

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Holy smoke............... Freeborn's seen a UFO

Welcome to the club mate, especially as you have always wanted a CE and have a genuine interest in the subject.
At a guess the ciggie you were enjoying attracted them. The amber orange ember certainly draws their attention.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Awesome. I feel happy for you Freeborn

I saw one years ago... you're in for years of mental unraveling and then re-raveling. It's a good workout

You can't even pay for something like this

edit on 1/7/2024 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

It was just after midnight.

Clear sky, no noise except coming from the motorway that passes close by.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Good, detailed info Freeborn, and thank you. At first, while reading, I was suspecting the ISS, as it is often startling to those who don't routinely track it. Once you said it stopped, remained stationary and then completed complex maneuvers* and then sped off at a high rate of speed, I was hooked. I have seen similar in the past.

Subjectively, I feel that I "know" you and have a sense of you, and I completely believe your account. It wasn't a "possible UFO" mate, it was a UFO, because you couldn't identify it. The fact that you have been observing aerial phenomona for decades is good background. You have credibility with us.

I know what you mean about using your phone to zero in on a specific place. I used to have my camera always ready, but have become lax in the last few years. I could take a video of the ISS with my phone, but it would look like a tiny pinpoint of light, and not capture the often -3 magnitude of it.

I think you have to count yourself among the fortunate, like myself and my Bride, who have seen wonderous aerial phenomenon. You and Mrs. Freeborn will likely never forget it. Good thing you didn't stop smoking, eh? Might have missed the whole thing.

*man, I can NEVER remember how to spell this word
edit on 7/1/24 by argentus because: forgot to detail the asterisk

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Compendium

I find what you wrote to the OP interesting as I have had Sleep Paralysis since age 7. Since then I have had almost 1000 lifetime visitations by some 7' hooded faceless evil thing. It stopped in December 2018 as its visitations increased up to Christmas week as that along with UFO sightings increased. My very 1st UFO sighting was on May 4, 2018.

I began to pray to God in 2018 as I was scared to death, Then all stopped. It hasent returned and we are now 5+ years later. My last SP episode was on 30Jan2022 almost 2 years ago. In that one a completely nude 30 somthing beautiful woman was fluffing my wifes pillow on the right side of my bed. I still freaked and I called for Jesus to please help me. It stopped immediately. NO SP since.

I was interviewed by York University, London UK for a paranormal spiritual study in Octiber 2022. I met Dr. Sheila Pryce Brooks. She said that the 7' thing was The Guardian of The Threshold as she follows Rudolph Steiner. In brief its a Gatekeeper.

Thoughts? Can I also summon that thing to return?

Rudolf Steiner

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
whas it unidentified? flying? an object? ok so it was an actual UFO not a possible one.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I'm trying to find the article with google but coming up short - but where I am in northern Ca a UFO appeared at a drive in theater at some point in the 50's or 60's, can't remember

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   
COOL!

I've seen two.

Once 25 years ago in Madison Alabama. A cigar shaped one that looked like a blimp. Mid day. Flew over Madison, Huntsville, Redstone Arsenal.

One a few years ago here in Wilmington DE. Typical flying saucer. Again mid day. Flew right over the house. The size was like a balloon at tree top level.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I live with eerily similar circumstances, the A1 is about ½ a mile west of me. Some of my best sightings have been looking out that way.

Glad you had a sighting, some of my more weird sightings have been orbs that seem to take a keen interest with power lines, bodies of water and "energy spots". Your sighting reminds me of one I had at a local car factory. Between the hours of 12am to 3am I saw a light slowly move above the plant and hover in place, it took about 20 mins to get into position and it stayed there till about 3am. I went looking for it on my second break and as soon as I spotted it the thing took off at some crazy speed.

I eventually reported that sighting, when I did I noticed their was a flurry of local activity and someone else saw the same thing. It's been a while but from what I remember their sighting was made 30-40 miles away from mine. Anyways cheers for sharing freeborn. I'd say be weary of synchronicities, a theme is things get interesting after a sighting

To add, my profile picture... The motorway is literally to the right. Being local you've probably noticed the hill I'm sitting on as you head north. For me that's where my relationship with weirdness started... It's why years ago I suggested hills for sightings.
edit on 7-1-2024 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I live in the big valley in California. In 1979 I had a girlfriend that lives a couple cities to the North of me. I used to pick her up on Friday after work and drop her off Sunday night. There was always a spot along the road home, next to a dairy that she would stare at each time. She told me how she had seen a saucer shaped vehicle hovering just over the powerlines. Not very far above the lines, and near the dairy. If I remember correctly her friends family owned the dairy.

My older son was living in Northern California near Shelter Cove. He and a friend were driving through a heavily wooded area when all of a sudden a ufo flew over them. I think he said it was a disk. I asked if it appeared to be partially see through, or if it appeared to be a real machine. He said real machine. I think it came up out of a valley, shot over them then straight up and into the sky and out of sight.

Now, in that same area in Northern cali that my son saw the machine, is close to where, another family friend drove up on a Bigfoot standing on the side of the road after midnight. The people in that area say they hear them at night. The guy who spotted it thinks they are not here all the time (on Earth). He suggested that they may be able to dimension hop.
Or are they getting a lift?

To the best of my knowledge, each of these stories passed my sniff test, and are true. The individuals involved are still close to me. Ive seen lights in the sky doing strange things, but Ive never seen a ship up close. I suspect that there are ATS members that have seen .

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I'll continue gazing up at the night sky and hopefully one day I'll witness something more conclusive.

Interesting thread….

If I may recommend…….not to limit yourself to night sky’s……..things happen in the daylight as well.

Speaking from experience myself 😉

Good Luck 🍀

👽

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Nice sighting. I've had three sightings of strange lights in the sky. One I can easily explain, a second maybe, but for the third I have no explanation whatsoever:
First was a sudden burst of multicoloured light as I was driving on a highway. Almost sure it was an explosion in an electrical substation.
Second was a sudden light over the ocean, far from any shore in a clear night without any hint of thunder. My best guess is it was a meteor blowing up above the ocean in the distance.
The third one was on a misty night. I looked up an there were three lights fixed in the sky, forming a triangle. Too bright to be stars and anyway no start were visible that night due to the mist. The lights were above the mist, so impossible to see a source, but they didn't move, so airplane is out and they were too far a part to be an helicopter with three light sources. Three helicopters standing motionless in a triangle seems unlikely and they would make some noise, which I don't hear. This was over Barcelona and the lights stayed in the same place for at least 10 minutes. I don't have any good explanation for this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Welcome to the club of crazy!

Ive seen a few things I still cant explain, and while out recently in central alaska I have seen more lights in the sky that dont make sense.

What is it, who knows, Ive got 20+ years experience on military flightlines, 5 years experience as a flight engineer I know what a plane looks like at night in flight.

the handful of things ive seen no clue.

To those that poo poo what you say, tell them to look up in the sky more often and you will start to see things that make you go Mmm.

ETA: I constantly tell the missus get your nose out of your phone and you will see more things.
edit on 12Sun, 07 Jan 2024 16:12:20 -060012200404pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have seen exactly same thing in the night sky...twice and recently.
A start slowly moving with erratic trajectory. Then decent while slowly accelerating to ward what seemed like over the lake. Looked in both sightings like a star...not too bright not too faint.

I think it was an alien vessel.

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Possibly

It is all about what they have to show you within yourself

So, if you are open to seeking that understanding and letting go of your pains, fears and impurities, I do not see why notcon. As they are the gatekeepers to those that seek such things

Rudolph Steiners teachings are very similar to what I personally experienced undertaking "the Illuminated/burning ones" Initiation

Except, the dimensional methods are obviously far more intense, than the Rosicrucian exercises

In my case, it has taken around 10 years to work through all my "blockages"

It was probably the hardest thing I have ever gone though in my life. No doubt, it is likely that way for any who go through it

But I can honestly say, that my soul is lighter now, than it has been in my life, since I was a child

There is a warmth and glow, a feeling like peace or safety, that has started to emanate from within me

I have made peace with people and pains, of things I had forgotten about. Pains I did not even know that I carried

You just need to be aware, that once you open the floodgates, the pains and fears will not stop coming until you release them all

Some of it will be horrendous, like a living hell

But it is worth it

When all the thoughts that keep you up at night, can no longer hurt you

When you come through the other side, it is like having a weight pulled from your soul, that you did not even know you were carrying

Liberating in a way that is hard to describe, until you have experienced it

It is probably also worth mentioning that nothing in this process is contrary to a belief in God, Jesus Christ, or religion

As long as you enter the dark, not to align with it, but to bring light into it, you will come out the other side of every single pain and fear you face. And you will be better for it

I have posted this a few times here, but few Christians seem to understand the significance of the verse. Within this conversation, with your experiences and understanding, you may:

24Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 26For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

28Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

edit on 7 1 24 by Compendium because: Left a word out

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I had a similar experience in the BOWCA. This last July I was with some friends on disappointment lake, we were camping on one of the island campsites and stargazing. My friend next to me and I both spotted the first “satellite” for the night and we watched it travel across the sky east to west.

I stated that to him it’s odd it’s traveling east to west. (Most satellites travel west to east) Then the object does a very tight right 360 and continues in its same direction. We both were stunned and confirmed with each other that we saw the same thing.

As a pilot I’m trying to think of the load factor that would’ve been put on an airplane and I think nothing could be going that fast and do a 360 without breaking apart.

I feel like we’re approaching good quality civilian footage of ufo’s and this year as more become aware that the phenomenon is real and more become invested.

The government will probably release more ufo information to distract the citizens from other internal conflicts as more of the Epstein case develops and other issues with Israel or Ukraine.

edit on 7-1-2024 by z00p7 because: Easier to read hopefully

edit on 7-1-2024 by z00p7 because: Misspelled BOWCA

posted on Jan, 7 2024 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

I'm trying to find the article with google but coming up short - but where I am in northern Ca a UFO appeared at a drive in theater at some point in the 50's or 60's, can't remember

Even better is the Battle of Los Angeles in February, 1942.

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

Perhaps it’s this sighting…..

Source: UFO FILES REVEALED: What locals saw in Kern County skies

Around 10:30 p.m. on Aug. 12, 1952, between 30 and 40 audience members at a drive-in theater in Bakersfield saw something in the sky. "Consensus of impressions (on) the object was larger than a four-engine airliner," a report on the sightings read, noting it was "dark and seen only in the light reflected from the movie screen."

Witnesses estimated it to be flying less than 400 feet off the ground, and traveling slowly northeast.

"It was reported to appear as a 'v'-shaped object ... and had what appeared to be a ring of light around it ... ," the report continued.

An official Air Intelligence Information Report on the topic lists the location as the Terrace Drive-In near Union Avenue and Highway 58.

Among the witnesses in this report was a naval reserve lieutenant and KCSO reserve deputy who was seated in his 1950 Cadillac with his wife.

"(Name redacted) stated that the front light of the object was bright and similar to looking in a brightly lighted window on a dark night while the rear light was more dim and had a bluish-orange color ... ," the report read.

👽

posted on Jan, 8 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Nice thread Freeborn,
I too am a naked eye astronomer. I'm 74 and have been doing this for quite a while now. Was always interested in the night sky. Always looking up.
I have seen some unusual things from time to time. Plenty of aircraft and alot of satellites and the ISS.
However, one night about 3 years ago I was standing on my back porch just looking up. I started to track a satellite. It was unusual because it was coming out of the southeast and heading northwest. I watched it for quite a while because satellites going in that direction are rare for me. Then as I was watching it turned around and headed back the way it came. I had no idea what it was and still don't. But I had never seen anything like that before or since.
Just thought I would add this here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join