It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk's X fails to block California's content moderation law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

All of which leaves a prosecutorial or civil remedy wide open. They'll take court action if they think the SM Company didn't do their job.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

And, what is their job?

From your OP:

The law requires social media companies with a sizable gross annual revenue to issue semiannual reports that describe their content moderation practices, and provide data on the number of objectionable posts and how they were addressed.

Sounds to me like the law requires transparency, not censorship.

posted on Dec, 31 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

And, what is their job?

From your OP:

The law requires social media companies with a sizable gross annual revenue to issue semiannual reports that describe their content moderation practices, and provide data on the number of objectionable posts and how they were addressed.

Sounds to me like the law requires transparency, not censorship.

Sure. Then why have a law? 😃

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   

If social media companies can collect and sell our data, then we should damn well be able to see their terms and conditions of service.

TOS are always available and usually forced to read when you sign up for any service/app/site etc.

Twitter/X TOS Here you go.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   
sad how America is embracing authoritarian laws like this and both parties are pushing us in this direction regardless of what we the people want or whether its unconstitutional or not, and the courts are also in on it. this isn't even as bad as what north carolina and a few other states passed with the age verification stuff, a: its ineffective b: exposes your private information to potential scammers c: websites can go elsewhere and totally ignore US laws anyway d: it means all speech and religion is at risk once government sees we cant do anything to stop them and the court wont protect us anymore because its been compromised, and dont think they will stop at ignoring the first amendment, the second amendment will come after that.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

Fine, but this law also requires transparency and accountability.

Do you have a problem with transparency and accountability for the corporations that monetize their members clicks and posts while they manipulate and sell their data for big profit?

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Seems counter to the 1st Amendment no matter what the Govt courts say.
Feels like a ruling that could go to the Supreme Court

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Do you have a problem with transparency and accountability for the corporations that monetize their members clicks and posts while they manipulate and sell their data for big profit?

As long as it's only transparency. If Elon Musk reports zero moderation of content that should be enough. If the Govt starts trying to tell him what he SHOULD moderate that would be a flagrant abuse of 1st amendment rights.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: uktruth2

UKTruth! Long time no see! Welcome back and Happy New Year!

As long as it's only transparency. If Elon Musk reports zero moderation of content that should be enough.

I'm surprised that no one in has pointed out he real reason why Elon Musk is fighting this!

X sues watchdog group Media Matters after report on ads next to Nazi posts

And...

Elon Musk Just Told Advertisers, ‘Go # Yourself’

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Impossible to verify "transparency and accountability" 😃

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What's your point of your red herring?

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

" Elon Musk's X fails to block California's content moderation law "

" California's Content Moderation Law " Which is Blatantly Unconstitutional and Will be Appealed all the way to the SCOTUS . Seems like those Justices just Cannot Ignore the Law of the Land Much longer , WE THE PEOPLE Demand Action NOW !.......

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey

Spoon fed you, my wing dingy friend!

The information that X would be required to provide could render his lawsuit against Media Matter moot and give advertisers more clout over X's moderation policies and techniques.
edit on 5020242024k48America/Chicago2024-01-02T14:48:50-06:0002pm2024-01-02T14:48:50-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The information that X would be required to provide could render his lawsuit against Media Matter moot and give advertisers more clout over X's moderation policies and techniques.

Run it down for us. 😀

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Run it down for us. 😀

I just did.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Run it down for us. 😀

I just did.

You're stumped again and can't even explain yourself. 😀

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:12 PM
link   

LOL

Yeah, that's it. Your heady, 5D Chess Game of a thread has me stumped!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join