It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Joe Biden Screwing Seniors To Subsidize Electric Vehicles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Well this was interesting. Bidens Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 diverted $280 billion from Medicare’s prescription drug provisions to green tax credits and other leftist climate initiatives — instead of lowering prescription drug costs for seniors. I don't understand the left wings obsession with electric vehicles. Such an obsession that they take money away from seniors and their prescription drugs to pay for it. There are LOTS of problems with electric vehicles. In general, the public doesn't want them and they are sitting in dealer lots going unsold.

Why Is Joe Biden Screwing Seniors To Subsidize Electric Vehicles?

The Biden administration is so obsessed with making electric vehicles (EVs) work as part of its green agenda that it’s taking money away from seniors — namely, drug savings under Medicare. Unsurprisingly, it has also failed to advertise that fact.

The news of EV and green energy subsidies flew under the radar until a poll conducted in Arizona alerted voters there to the scheme. Fully three-quarters of Arizona voters polled (76 percent) said they didn’t know the Biden administration diverted money from Medicare “savings” to subsidize green projects, and by an 80-10 margin, respondents strongly opposed such a tactic.

The information came from a report by Americans for Tax Reform (ATR), which shows the inaccurately named Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 diverted some $280 billion from Medicare’s prescription drug provisions to green tax credits and other leftist climate initiatives — instead of lowering prescription drug costs for seniors. The ATR report reveals the so-called Inflation Reduction Act as nothing more than a pork-laden payoff to cronies and an effort by the Biden administration to implement the Green New Deal.

Grand Canyon Times - Medicare Savings Went To Green Projects Under Bidens 'Inflation Reduction Act

According to a report from Americans for Tax Reform (ATR), under the IRA, roughly $280 billion in savings from Medicare's prescription drug provisions went to fund green energy programs and tax credits. These provisions included a $7,500 tax credit for luxury EVs, a $4,000 credit for pre-owned EVs, and an annual $1,200 credit for "energy-efficient" doors and windows, among others.

The report from ATR notes that the primary source of revenue for the IRA was Medicare savings, and instead of being used to help lower the costs of prescription drugs for enrollees, the funding was instead diverted to green energy subsidies.

In a column in the Wall Street Journal, Mark Merritt, an expert in the healthcare industry, noted that Medicare will keep only about 15% of overall savings for some relatively inexpensive benefits, while Medicare's costs are expected to expand considerably from costing about $1 trillion this year to a projected $1.8 trillion in 2031.

Merritt further noted that the typical buyer of a Tesla EV is half the age of a Medicare enrollee and makes about $150,000 per year, while enrollees earn less than $30,000 per year. Additionally, while the prospective buyer of a Tesla could enjoy up to $7500 in subsidies under the IRA, Medicare enrollees typically spend almost that amount, or about $6,500 per year, on out-of-pocket health costs alone.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

edit on 12/20/2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
they will be dead soon enough. The kids are all in on EV's, since they don't have jobs and the commute from basement to kitchen doesn't require much mileage.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's interesting that the top democrat elected officials are all seniors, yet they hate senior Americans. We can't die fast enough for them, but they're doing all they can to help us do just that.
edit on 12/20/2023 by Klassified because: missed a word, or two.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

To paraphrase Forrest Gump, "Evil is as evil does".

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I love the name of this. “Inflation reduction Act” = give billions to a bunch of wealthy scammers and their investors. How exactly is that supposed to reduce inflation lmao?

As I understand it traditionally the way to reduce inflation is to raise interest rates, reduce spending and print less. But what do I know I didn’t go to a university that told me economics is bad because it was invented by white people to oppress blacks. Mostly because that would be a lie and they tended to avoid those when I was at uni, but hey ho.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Clearly they intend to make a ton of money.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I love the name of this. “Inflation reduction Act” = give billions to a bunch of wealthy scammers and their investors. How exactly is that supposed to reduce inflation lmao?

Think of this in "1984" terminology (i.e. Ministry of Truth). It's working perfectly.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You really think the puppet is in charge?

This agenda goes much deeper than that.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Bidens Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 diverted $280 billion from Medicare’s prescription drug provisions to green tax credits and other leftist climate initiatives

No wonder we keep hearing how Biden is lowering drug prices and not telling the whole story as usual. ☢️

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

And we keep hearing how MAGA Republicans want to cut Medicare when Democrats have actually done it! ☢️

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey

And we keep hearing how MAGA Republicans want to cut Medicare when Democrats have actually done it! ☢️

Yup.

Buy your cat food now before grandma buys it all to eat herself. (If you know, you know)

join