It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Gov. Abbott Signs Bill Which Allows Arrest Of Border Crossers

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

a reply to: KrustyKrab

Texas cannot unilaterally succeed from the USA.

you sure about that ?

I'm sure you recall the Civil War ....

Maybe you recall who won that war.

The Republicans ?

Sure. The Republicans that said, "HEY! You guys are not allowed to succeed from the Union!"

You're right about one point. The South certainly didn't succeed in seceding from the Union. But, with Texas now, in this point in time, it's not about slaves. It's about something much more dire and important to them and the rest of the country as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Station27

But, with Texas now, in this point in time, it's not about slaves. It's about something much more dire and important to them and the rest of the country as well.

It doesn't matter. These Supreme Court Justices say it best.

When Texas entered the Union, “she entered into an indissoluble relation,” Chief Justice Salmon P. Chase wrote for the court. “All the obligations of perpetual union, and all the guaranties of republican government in the Union, attached at once to the State. The act which consummated her admission into the Union was something more than a compact; it was the incorporation of a new member into the political body. And it was final. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration, or revocation, except through revolution, or through consent of the States.

: “The answer is clear,” Scalia wrote. “If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede. (Hence, in the Pledge of Allegiance, ‘one Nation, indivisible.’)”

www.texastribune.org...

So, the only way Texas can succeed secede is through "revolution, or through consent of the States"

What a state (or states) can do, however, is begin the process of seeking a mutually agreed upon parting of the ways, and that process clearly exists, set forth by the U.S. Supreme Court in its 1868 ruling in Texas v. White. That ruling concluded that a state (or states) could secede by gaining approval of both houses of Congress and then obtaining ratification by three fourths of the nation's legislatures. In other words, it's a tough task.

www.findlaw.com...?
edit on 2020232023k24America/Chicago2023-12-19T23:24:20-06:0011pm2023-12-19T23:24:20-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: secede

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   

So, the only way Texas can succeed is through "revolution, or through consent of the States"

I had to remove my reply because I would be replying to somebody that is going off topic. Please stay focused on what the thread is about. It's not about Texas attempting to secede from the Union. All that does is derail the thread.
edit on 19-12-2023 by Station27 because: Fixed my comment - because I chose to.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Petty, petty, petty.

My eyesight is not that good, my keyboard sticks and my fingers are dyslectic. I rely on my spell checker.

But, If that's all you got to reject my assertion that Texas can't unilaterally secede from The Union, is a spelling error, then you're not really serious about the topic.

Again. The problems with immigration laws lie with Congress, not Texas sovereignty.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

a reply to: KrustyKrab

Texas cannot unilaterally succeed from the USA.

You think Texas ranchers are going to lay down? You’re grossly mistaken.

I think Texas ranchers are Americans.

Lay down for what? Lay down while the federal government confiscates their land to construct Trump's wall? Cuz, they REALLY didn't like those plans!

Ranchers lands are being destroyed by illegals because of bidens policies, ranchers are finding dead bodies on their ranches. Biden has been selling off materials to make the wall. Money and materials that was already allocated to finish it. Americans last right? They don’t care about ranchers or their families.

posted on Dec, 19 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump was trying to protect Americans, Biden not so much. His policies have been a disaster for anyone that lives along the border, just ask them. They’re afraid to go outside. Do the research.
They can’t have normal life’s anymore, their kids can’t go outside and have normal life’s.

edit on 19-12-2023 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I merely asked which laws and for examples how the law is being ignore.

So why would you even ask him to site laws as your question isnt even relevant to the thread or discussion as this is ATS. ATS isnt a court of law nor Congress. All here read papers and media. You too. The question is nothing more than a diversion to provide you with a smug get out of jail card without responding to his statement.

Its time for you to be called out.

You IMO since I have been here is to derail and destabilize the USA through this web site. Which limited by the number of members along with those who agree with you still has some relevance in the governance of this country.

Do you cheer and welcome the day when USA citizens of many colors are being burned in the streets as your not about a debate.

Your all about collapse

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

So why would you even ask him to site laws as your question isnt even relevant to the thread or discussion as this is ATS.

It's right there in the OP.

These are all good laws and if President Biden won't do his job to protect American citizens, it's up to the states to step up and impliment these measures.

The OP is claiming that President Biden is refusing to do his job and enforce these "good laws". What laws is the OP accusing Joe Biden of refusing to follow and enforce? The question is NOT off topic or derailing.

On the other hand, this Texas law ignore asylum laws and bypasses Due Process for those who do enter the country to claim asylum.

If people are unhappy with the asylum laws that we have now, it's on Congress to change the laws.

And no, Texas can't take their ball and secede from the Union because they don't like who is in the Oval Office, or the laws the US Congress has passed.

edit on 1620232023k12America/Chicago2023-12-20T09:12:16-06:0009am2023-12-20T09:12:16-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
These ones. 8 U.S. Code § 1158

Inapplicable, because the people in question are not applying for asylum.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

These ones. 8 U.S. Code § 1158

Inapplicable, because the people in question are not applying for asylum.

How does anything in the law qualify that? It doesn't. In fact, it doesn't even mention the possibility of an immigrant invoking "defensive asylum". It can't, because asylum is processed by the federal government, not the states.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

If people are unhappy with the asylum laws that we have now, it's on Congress to change the laws.

In brief they entered the country illegally.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

How does anything in the law qualify that? It doesn't. In fact, it doesn't even mention the possibility of an immigrant invoking "defensive asylum".

Wtf are you ralking about? 'Defensive'?

Asylum must be requested. It isn't automatic.

It can't, because asylum is processed by the federal government, not the states.

Asylum can be requested at the point where they are apprehended, regardless of who apprehends them.

You also seem to be unaware that the vast majority of asylum claims are pure BS, totally bogus.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

In brief they entered the country illegally.

It doesn't matter how they entered the USA.

Affirmative Asylum Processing with USCIS
To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

www.uscis.gov...

Wtf are you ralking about? 'Defensive'?

Defensive Asylum Processing with EOIR
A defensive application for asylum occurs when you request asylum as a defense against removal from the United States. For asylum processing to be defensive, you must be in removal proceedings in immigration court with the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR).

www.uscis.gov...

Asylum can be requested at the point where they are apprehended, regardless of who apprehends them.

Maybe, but only federal border agents and immigration courts and judges can process their cases. Not Texas State Troopers, not Texas State Courts.

edit on 2120232023k29America/Chicago2023-12-20T14:29:21-06:0002pm2023-12-20T14:29:21-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Under the rule, certain individuals who enter the United States through its southwest land border or adjacent coastal borders are presumed to be ineligible for asylum, unless they can demonstrate an exception to the rule or rebut the presumption. Individuals are encouraged to use lawful, safe, and orderly pathways to come to the United States.

Has the Supreme Court acted in Texas?
Have you read what the head of the DHS has said about the border and immigration?

So Sookie. How many immigrant familes will you be taking care of under your roof?

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So? Now that you've seen the current asylum law, and understand what affirmative and defensive asylum are, can you explain to me what laws the Biden Administration is refusing to enforce.

I have been saying that the immigrations problems we have are on Congress. Congress writes laws, not the Executive Office. As a matter of fact, right now Congress is debating and working on the Secure Border Act. They are specifically aiming at restricting and limiting asylum.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

How many immigrant familes will you be taking care of under your roof?

My husband and his family were asylees from Columbia.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

We just set a single month record for illegal border crossings - that we know of. Yes, it is worse now under biden than it has ever been before.

That's not a statement on the Biden Administration's refusal to enforce immigration laws. It's because problems have escalated in countries, and more and more desperate people are fleeing and winding up at the US border.

Surely this concept is not lost on you. If it is, perhaps this subject is beyond your purview.

You know the president doesn't write laws and executive orders are just temporary band aids, right?
Sounds to me like Congress needs to get of their collective arses and do some immigration lawmaking.

That is a bunch of garbage. There is more than enough evidence that the present administration has directed border patrol to stand down and let them enter. biden is more concerned with whether border patrol uses the right pronouns than with actually protecting this nation.

We don't need congress to do a damn thing except stop biden and the dems from ignoring the laws we already have.

Let me test your angst about POTUS not writing laws... Is that what you said when dems were accusing Trump of separating families at border detention facilities - even though it was obvious that these so-called families were composed of adults engaging in trafficking and nothing more? When separated and questioned the so-called parents and children didn't know each others names, birthdays, where they were from, how long they travelled, etc. It was nothing but traffickers using children to get on the preferred fast-track list to citizenship.
edit on 21-12-2023 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

That is a bunch of garbage. There is more than enough evidence that the present administration has directed border patrol to stand down and let them enter.

What are you talking about? Telling Border Patrol to stand down, as opposed to what? Shooting immigrants?

Please show me the Executive Order in which Biden tell Border Patrol to let undocumented immigrants into the county outside of the law.

We don't need congress to do a damn thing except stop biden and the dems from ignoring the laws we already have.

So, you disapprove of Congress working on the Secure The Border Act, that they're working on right now?

Let me test your angst about POTUS not writing laws... Is that what you said when dems were accusing Trump of separating families at border detention facilities -

Do you know the difference between policy and law? Do you know what the difference between and Executive order and law is?

edit on 3920232023k54America/Chicago2023-12-21T15:54:39-06:0003pm2023-12-21T15:54:39-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Very Disturbing Video here about the FOREIGN INVASION for PROFIT on our Southern Border ...

" Whistleblower: Get ready for MASS ROUNDUPS of illegals across America as government-funded BOUNTY HUNTERS are activated "

banned.video...

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   

So? Now that you've seen the current asylum law, and understand what affirmative and defensive asylum are, can you explain to me what laws the Biden Administration is refusing to enforce.

I have been saying that the immigrations problems we have are on Congress. Congress writes laws, not the Executive Office. As a matter of fact, right now Congress is debating and working on the Secure Border Act. They are specifically aiming at restricting and limiting asylum.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

How many immigrant familes will you be taking care of under your roof?

My husband and his family were asylees from Columbia.

did he just want a better job and to suck on the teet of the US government? Did he cross illegally, then claim asylum? When did he come?

And how many beyond your husband and immediate family do you house?

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

More People Need to be Aware of this . Our Southern Border is being Used to Not Only Allow in Global Criminals , but making Huge Profits from Human Trafficking .

banned.video...
edit on 21-12-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join