It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio signal from space -

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
OK this is very strange to me sounds like a type of music - Apparently a never before heard signal was picked up .

recording

Link to article

Listen to the signal and tell me thats not artificial , Sounds like a xylophone .

A team of astronomers says they have detected a never-before-heard radio signal that offers insights into the mystery of uncharted deep space.

This signal is known as a Fast Radio Burst (FRB), a bright flash of radio light lasting for a few milliseconds and originating from beyond the Milky Way.

Some FRBs repeat themselves, and a new study published in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society has shed new light. The study has detected a highly active repeating FRB signal behaving differently than anything previously detected.

That's the coolest thing I've heard !

edit on 17-12-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Thats not sounding like a xylophone!

I don't know what it is but could just be someone having a laugh.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
It sounds like a ringtone. I might use it as mine

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I hear how you get xylophone. Obviously it isn't, but anyway.

I don't know the answer to this, but how did they make it into audio?

I do understand how fiber works, and RF. I am just wondering how the data is turned to audio.

If someone can explain that, and it coincides with my thoughts...it might be an explanation of the sounds.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That sounds more like a computer to me.

As rapidly as 'disclosure' is being rolled out I can't help but find all information TPTB are 'allowing' us to see as suspect.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Actually, it is a xylophone, it says so in the article. It looks like they used frequency averaging of the original RF bursts to determine a primary frequency, which was then translated to a musical note and them time averaged them for the rhythm of the song.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Space fartšŸ˜

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju

originally posted by: theatreboy

Actually, it is a xylophone, it says so in the article. It looks like they used frequency averaging of the original RF bursts to determine a primary frequency, which was then translated to a musical note and them time averaged them for the rhythm of the song.

So it is auto tuned beyond any useful information it may have once contained.

Sounds like a 60's computer sound effect.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

WOW!!!, that was incredible. It sounds intelligent to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 12/18/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Itā€™s important to keep in mind that none of these FRB recording that we hear are unaltered. Like images from Hubble and JWST, these ā€œaudio imagesā€ are poked and prodded until they can be consumed by our ears (or eyes in the case of the aforementioned space telescopes).

There are several amateur audio engineers lurking on a Reddit page I came across who have altered the FRBs available to the general public in ways that keep them closer to the original. A few DEFINITELY seem to be of a Doppler type effect (the FRB emitting body moving closer or further away from the ultimate receiver) and it gives theseā€¦whatever they areā€¦a far more mysterious sound.

One of the redditors even went so far as to opine (for the sake of fun, mind you) that some of these FRBs are actually an after effect or signature of some type of FTL/Warp drive. Great timing as I just read an article about FRBs being a great way to ā€œseeā€ a super intelligent alien race as they travel around interstellar space. Fanciful, maybe a bit far fetched, sureā€¦but itā€™s also a helluva a lot of fun to speculate.

Personally, I think we are ultimately going to find that FRBs have multiple sources. Magnetars, Colliding black holes and/or Neutron stars, and my favorite from my own noodle so far - SOME FRBs are actually interdimensional ripples. One of several ways we will ultimately be able to prove the presence of other spatial and chronological dimensions (dark matter being another).

We live in interesting times!

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I would wonder at how much of that signal fits the Fibonacci sequence?

It does sound very 'musical'?

Perhaps the sonification process could be explained more clearly, so as to either identify the musicality of the signal as being due to the process, or to show that the process didn't make it sound 'musical'.

edit on 18-12-2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Are they effing with us , that's weird, what is next an electric guitar?

edit on 0b29America/ChicagoMon, 18 Dec 2023 06:00:29 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoMon, 18 Dec 2023 06:00:29 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The flow kinda sounds like someone talking.

Just replace the words with a full stream of single tones.

Then again, I have a rather imaginative mind.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Thats crazy-I get its the data turned into sounds we can hear-but even so there seems to be a structure or pattern to it.
Some natural noises can create patterns -like dropping a ball,running,or water falling from a waterfall.

Someone should feed the noise into some kind of AI to see if it contains other information or maybe language/data/code.

There was a moon mission where some of the astronauts reported they could hear something that sounds like music,not sure if they ever found the source of that.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 07:42 AM
link   
An entire star system localized in some kids bedroom where he's practicing his musical proficencies. I approve.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Short bursts that, with a little variation, changes to a lower pitch. Iā€™m guessing that means the wave length increases. So the power of the source is decreasing? Itā€™s like a pulsar that loses power!?

Perhaps a black hole with the jet facing us. Something passing between the jet and us, meaning the light pulses are partially blocked, changing the pitch; maybe something is being ingested by the black hole could do this

Or, perhaps the energy source of an spacecraft adjusting the throttle?

All just guesses from a laymen, so Iā€™m probably way off

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Sounds like one of those things kids play with all the different colors and the stick is attached and you just slide the stuck over each one real quick.

The ali

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Thats just a very basic MIDI tone they used to represent the data. A comment here said something about auto tuning and that's incorrect. Pretty sure they collect the radio wave data and slide it down the spectrum into waves that are audible to the human ear. Strictly for representation.

Of course you cannot hear radio waves. A radio uses an antenna to pick up radio waves, does some filtering and routes the resulting electrical signal to stimulate a speaker.

Same concept.

posted on Dec, 18 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Music is math. Unsurprisingly almost any naturally occuring mathematics has a regime, if translated into audible sound the patterns lose none of their meaning. We are much more easily stimulated with sound then by esoteric mathematical functions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join