It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Biden just pledged to shut down 60% of America’s electric power

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   
** That's not my title, that's the title of the article.

IF .. and it's a big IF .. IF all the talk out of the Biden administration about eradicating coal and methane producing natural gas happens, electric-power generation will go away. We could expect shut downs of factories and schools and hospitals, and we can expect rolling blackouts effecting our homes, etc. Coal still provides roughly 20% of our electric power; natural gas supplies around 40%. There is ZERO chance that windmills and solar could take the place of the energy output of coal and natural gas. The Biden administration didn't specifically say they were going after natural gas, but they said they are going after methane producers which is what natural gas does.

Their war on coal and natural gas will just make us more reliant on the Muslim Middle East for oil, and that's something none of us want. They are crazy over there. You never know what is going to happen.

It's a bit long but go to the link and read the article for full information -

President Biden just pledged to shut down 60% of America’s electric power

The Biden administration made two virtue-signaling proclamations at last week’s COP28 conference in Dubai it says will help save the planet from climate change. The policies aren’t likely to change the planet’s temperature by even one-tenth of a degree, but they might just destroy the 21st-century American industrial economy as we know it.

First, Team Biden announced it will stop production of all new coal plants in the United States. This comes on the heels of President Biden’s Environmental Protection Agency saying this year it would impose new power-plant emission regulations that are virtually impossible for coal plants to comply with. The bottom line: no more coal. Period.

Vice President Kamala Harris trumpeted the next day new rules to “sharply reduce methane from the oil and natural gas industry.” The administration calls methane a “super-pollutant” it wants to eliminate because it’s “many times more potent than carbon dioxide.” But methane is effectively a hydrocarbon that comes from natural gas. Here is the most sinister part of this story no one in the Biden administration is telling you: Eradicating coal and natural-gas plants will ravage America’s electric-power capacity.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The Biden administration had done no such thing.
You apparently don't know how that works, specifically in the credit zone of things. And please don't take offense as it is a kinda niche thing to get.
Energy wise we are doing just fine. Don't allow these tomfoolery news sources fool ya.
They just want views.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

I don't know about that. The Biden Admin wants to be totally rid of coal. That's 20%. And they want to get rid of methane producers which is natural gas and that's 40%. That's a total of 60%. The numbers add up. Solar and wind can't make up for that.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   

You apparently don't know how that works, specifically in the credit zone of things. And please don't take offense as it is a kinda niche thing to get.
Energy wise we are doing just fine. Don't allow these tomfoolery news sources fool ya.
They just want views.
Pretty impressive your interpretations of what is said, read, meant etc. around here.

Clairvoyant. Truly magnificent. Astounding even!

As FF writes, “not my title”, you still disparage the OP without any particular insight into why this is false or what is meant by the administration’s own words.

I’m curious to see how others feel having read what I read? I almost can see how offing the American populace by 60% through violence dispensed by border-crossing enlistees would reduce the need for energy by 60%.

But I digress.

And I’m sure Joe Biden meant no such thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   
When, oh when are the American people (including senators) gonna wake up and get rid of this snake in the grass. Or should I say snakes.
edit on 11-12-2023 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   

They just want views.

Since when is the New York Post a tomfoolery news source?

Now if you said that about The New York Times, I would have to agree.
edit on 11-12-2023 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

They just want views.

they say if you can explain it to a child, then you really understand the topic. Why don't you give it a shot and explain it to us, as if we were children.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

It's the first stage of "It's not Happening!"

Next comes "Okay, it's happening, but it's a good thing".

Followed by "Okay it's happening and it's bad, but we need to do it for the children!"

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Energy credits is a thing. I believe those started under the Nixon administration.
And if I have to explain how Energy tax credits work to you then why are even taking part in this conversation?
And if I do explain how this works like you seemed to ask does that make you as naive as a child?
Asking for a friend.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Interestingly that has been bordering me for a while, we hear all the damage to the nation the democrats are doing and planning to do, but darn where are the Republicans on all this.

What are they doing, Texas is Republican, and they cannot take a darn stand against the illegal immigrants inundating their stare and say no?

I lost faith on republicans and their agenda, when they voted last year for 1.7 trillions so democrats could pay for their green agenda crap.

We are already invaded and now we already have been forced into the democrat's agenda of getting rid of the energy sector as it stands today.

California been funding law sues to bankrupt the Oil industry.

How can you have a few states like NY and Californication dictate the rest of the nation and other states polices.

When it comes to immigration and energy rules.

edit on 11-12-2023 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

I'm going to help you here.
When a organization has the word post in the name...
Don't trust them.
When a site has a complete section for one to browse that likes to tell you what other domains are fake.
Maybe not visit that site.
Don't be part of the dum dum

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2

They just want views.

Since when is the New York Post a tomfoolery news source?

Since they broke a story that would have lost Biden the 2020 election and the rest of the media and Big Tech conspired to censor the story to manipulate the election.

Informing the public is tomfoolery.
edit on 11-12-2023 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Energy credits is a thing. I believe those started under the Nixon administration.
And if I have to explain how Energy tax credits work to you then why are even taking part in this conversation?
And if I do explain how this works like you seemed to ask does that make you as naive as a child?
Asking for a friend.

LOL, no, arrogant idiots just amuse me and I like to put them on the spot.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Asking for a friend.

Okay I’ll play.

Say for instance those energy credits are something like carbon storage or better yet, negation.

Is it not feasibly possible then that maybe my theory is right, when in fact we are the carbon the elites want to disappear?

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Wel.....I guess I can't argue that.
Would make for a extremely intriguing thread.

edit on 11-12-2023 by Allaroundya4k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

a reply to: charlest2

I'm going to help you here.
When a organization has the word post in the name...
Don't trust them.
When a site has a complete section for one to browse that likes to tell you what other domains are fake.
Maybe not visit that site.
Don't be part of the dum dum

I’m gonna help you here.

You’re on a conspiracy site. A fantastic one I might add.

You are not the arbiter of truth, fact, or fancy opinion.

We can all take a stab at the mysterious and “what if”. For whatever reason. I’ll admit ATS has seen better days since now it has gotten rather political. But you know this too.

If you wanna rally your intellect for the masses and “be right” in every thread, go make a TikTok account. I hear it’s super-fashionable for the opinionated.

Capice?

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I didn't think so lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Sorry bud if my assumption and take on your analysis bothers your feelings then find a safe place.
ATS doesn't have one last I recall.
Now in regards to my intellectual prowess over yours is a completely different issue.

Kindly
GFY

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I didn't think so lol.

nor did I.

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Sorry bud if my assumption and take on your analysis bothers your feelings then find a safe place.
ATS doesn't have one last I recall.
Now in regards to my intellectual prowess over yours is a completely different issue.

Kindly
GFY
Apologies.

Could have sworn your first reply was something like “nothing to see here, move along”. Not really the sophisticated response I was hoping for from someone with your mental faculty and intellectual prowess.

Lulz…

Anyway. Let’s see what others have to say?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join