It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pseudo-hominid hypothesis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Pseudo-hominid hypothesis

The pseudo-hominid hypothesis in cryptozoology and cryptohominology, proposes that cryptohominids are not part of the hominid family, but rather "pseudo-hominids", a genus of descendants of the yeti, which the yeti descends from the Northern plains gray langur, having adaptations such as;

* large body size
* more focus on terrestrial locomotion rather than arboreal locomotion
* communitarian hunter-gathering

Yeti descent and the pseudo-hominid hypothesis

Whilst the yeti might not be plausible as a common ancestor of the pseudo-hominid genus, it may actually be plausible in a number of ways, including at least;

* Ape-ish look, perfect for a defense mechanism considering Indian orangutans (breeze.ggtyler.dev...) were animals of sharp teeth, therefore the fear factor that was put into the Indian orangutan would've influenced the adaptational history of the Yeti
* Terrestrial and arboreal locomotion, simultaneously perfect for a diet of consuming animals as a carnivore
* Carnivorous diet, perfect for a parellel adaptation to those of the Indian orangutan's consumption of the grey slender loris (NOTE: As to why the Indian orangutan consumes the grey slender loris, it is mostly due to the orangutan's majority consumption of lorises)
* A focus on community rather than a lone wolf perspective on hunter-gathering

Evidence for the yeti's descent from the Northern plains gray langur and its role as a common ancestor for the pseudo-hominid genus

- There exists a documentation of the ecotypes of the yeti, including the "true" yeti; a ecotype of the yeti with a conical head said to be responsible for leaving footprints in the snow, called the meh-teh or mi-tej in Sino-Tibetian
- Among the documentation of the "true" yeti, it is a stock-built, ape-like animal with a bipedal gait and distinct human gait, now the interesting thing about this ecotype is that it still has the features from its descendant, the Northern plains gray langur, with black eyes, almost decompressed-looking cheeks, and a neutral expression at all times
- The yeti's thick flat skull in comparison with its descendant's skull is an example of the pseudo-hominid parellel adaptational history, one that started because of the species of Indian orangutans
- The nyalmo, a ecotype of the yeti, expands on the carnivorous diet by consuming on yaks, mountain sheep, and possibly people, which may have influenced the carnivorous diet's appetite in pseudo-hominids, and another ecotype of the yeti known as the dzu-teh, is known for its attacks on yaks for killing them by grabbing their horns and twisting their necks, which also could've influenced the carnivorous appetite of the pseudo-hominid genus

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
For anyone wondering where these "northern plains" are ... India.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Well, I mean, the Northern Plains in India is probably the most candidate due to it being in mostly rural and natural environments.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: i664k

Right, I've no problem with that thinking, I was just thrown off by the reference to "northern plains" without any mention of where they are located, other than it sounded in proximity to the Himalayas.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I mean, the species of langur is named that way, so sorry I guess.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: i664k

Over the years, I've seen some poor quality books regarding the topic of Yeti etc.

One work that intrigued me, however, was the book by Ivan T. Sanderson. Worth reading if you haven't done so already.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

What's the name of the book so I can read it?

EDIT: Already found it
edit on 6-12-2023 by i664k because: m

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: i664k

What's the name of the book so I can read it?

EDIT: Already found it

Ah good. There is a free version at:

archive.org...

Cheers

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join