It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow police begin nightime raids looking for LGBTQ+ people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Link

That did not take long at all. Less than 48 hours after we found out (ATS thread link) that the Russian government had made gay people as a whole an extremist group, news are coming out of Russia of police raids, and arrests of the same minority group.

Russian security forces raided gay clubs and bars across Moscow Friday night, less than 48 hours after the country’s top court banned what it called the “global LGBTQ+ movement” as an extremist organization.

Police searched venues across the Russian capital, including a nightclub, a male sauna, and a bar that hosted LGBTQ+ parties, under the pretext of a drug raid, local media reported.

Eyewitnesses told journalists that clubgoers’ documents were checked and photographed by the security services. They also said that managers had been able to warn patrons before police arrived.

The raids follow a decision by Russia’s Supreme Court to label the country’s LGBTQ+ “movement” as an extremist organization.

Ok, so the first night of the raids, they were able to call each other and warn each other and their customers before the police was able to raid them. But that is just the first night. If the venues don't immediately close, they will arrest the people the next day, or follow them to their homes from there. What if someone is seen holding hands on the street, who doesn't even go to gay bars?

Beside stating the obvious of who does things like this, and the last time we've seen such actions in Europe, my question is this -- what does Putin plan to do with the gay people after their arrests?

If they are an extremist group and unwelcome in Russia, are they going to penal colonies? Will they be evicted out of Russia or go to some internment camps? Threatened, tortured and then released?

Or, what I think really will happen, will they become much needed front lines in Ukraine? A new addition to the Russian forces?

edit on 2-12-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Interesting way to replenish Wagner forces.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

Link

That did not take long at all. Less than 48 hours after we found out (ATS thread link) that the Russian government had made gay people as a whole an extremist group, news are coming out of Russia of police raids, and arrests of the same minority group.

Russian security forces raided gay clubs and bars across Moscow Friday night, less than 48 hours after the country’s top court banned what it called the “global LGBTQ+ movement” as an extremist organization.

Police searched venues across the Russian capital, including a nightclub, a male sauna, and a bar that hosted LGBTQ+ parties, under the pretext of a drug raid, local media reported.

Eyewitnesses told journalists that clubgoers’ documents were checked and photographed by the security services. They also said that managers had been able to warn patrons before police arrived.

The raids follow a decision by Russia’s Supreme Court to label the country’s LGBTQ+ “movement” as an extremist organization.

Ok, so the first night of the raids, they were able to call each other and warn each other and their customers before the police was able to raid them. But that is just the first night. If the venues don't immediately close, they will arrest the people the next day, or follow them to their homes from there. What if someone is seen holding hands on the street, who doesn't even go to gay bars?

Beside stating the obvious of who does things like this, and the last time we've seen such actions in Europe, my question is this -- what does Putin plan to do with the gay people after their arrests?

If they are an extremist group and unwelcome in Russia, are they going to penal colonies? Will they be evicted out of Russia or go to some internment camps? Threatened, tortured and then released?

Or, what I think really will happen, will they become much needed front lines in Ukraine? A new addition to the Russian forces?

Maybe he will take a page of the Hamas playbook and just kill them? Isn't that what the LGBT community in the US wants. (They support Hamas over Israel)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Russian security forces raided gay clubs and bars across Moscow Friday night, less than 48 hours after the country’s top court banned what it called the “global LGBTQ+ movement” as an extremist organization

If I was gay while in Russia do you know where I wouldn’t go after the countries top courts ruled LGBTQ+ extremists?
WTF were they thinking?

Some managers were able to warn patrons beforehand, so did they just hang around and wait?

I bet you are correct on new soldiers for the front line because why not just go after the club owners and shut the establishment down? Unless you want to fill your prisons or bootcamps. With the current state of things, bootcamp makes the most logistical sense.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Didn’t I read he just did some sort of edict to increase military by 17,000 people?

Nope I’m off by an order of magnitude. It’s 170,000. AP link

Don’t ask don’t tell Putin style?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Link

Maybe he will take a page of the Hamas playbook and just kill them? Isn't that what the LGBT community in the US wants. (They support Hamas over Israel)

There’s some LGBT and Russian unity, both support Palestine over Israel.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Didn’t I read he just did some sort of edict to increase military by 17,000 people?

I hope the Gays get their own unique uniform.

The real oppression would be forcing them to wear that outdated and hideous Russian drab 🤮

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I saw the thread RussianTroll posted the other day that Putin banned the LGBTQ movement as extremist, almost as if they were bragging about it. I found this part in his post most interesting:

Excellent program speeches by Putin and Patriarch Kirill.

Source

Patriarch Kirill is the head of the Russian Orthodox Church. Why would the Church be involved with such a thing?

The Bible's command to a Christian is: "Honor men of all sorts."-1 Peter 2:17.

A Christian's obligation is to love everyone, men of "all sorts" including those of the LGBTQ community. If a ruler wants to outlaw a certain conduct in their land that is up to them and between them and God as if it is just or not. But surely the Christian congregation does not get involved in such things. In fact Jesus said that his followers are "no part of the world."

And also a Christian is told not to be a busy-body in other peoples' affairs:

"Make it your aim to live quietly and to mind your own business."-1 Thessalonians 4:11.

This would definitely mean that a Christian shouldn't be protesting or taking sides in political disputes, or trying to impose their ideas on other people, especially through the government.

I would tell RussianTroll, the same as I do those in the West in the Churches of Christendom, that their clergy has turned their back on God and is dead spiritually.

In Revelation chapters 17 and 18 the world rulers are depicted as a wild beast with horns, and the world wide empire of false religion as a prostitute that rides on the beast. It says that soon that beast is going to turn on the prostitute riding on it and will make her naked and devastate her and rip her apart and then burn up what is left of her.

The fact that the head of the Russian Orthodox Church Patriarch Kirill was standing with Putin when this happened does not assure peace between them and the State. God has already told him that soon the State is going to turn on them and destroy them.

edit on Sat, 02 Dec 2023 13:50:37 -0600pm120220231200000037America/ChicagoSat, 02 Dec 2023 13:50:37 -0600 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The real oppression would be forcing them to wear that outdated and hideous Russian drab 🤮

The real problem, as I see it, is where does this stop? Is it just the gay people and then Putin will be happy?

When in history has an oppressive government ever stopped after arresting just one minority group? Anyone have an example of a one and done?

Other minority groups in Russia should now be locking their doors, or thinking about emigrating in the dead of night. I posted in another thread about what group I think may be next.

There are 70,000 black mixed people in Russia. out of 144,000,000 Russians. There is 1 black person in Russia for every 2,000+ Russians.

Could they be next?

There are 83,000 Jews in Russia. Just a bit more than the black people. They next?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The real problem, as I see it, is where does this stop? Is it just the gay people and then Putin will be happy?

When in history has an oppressive government ever stopped after arresting just one minority group? Anyone have an example of a one and done?

Other minority groups in Russia should now be locking their doors, or thinking about emigrating in the dead of night. I posted in another thread about what group I think may be next.

There are 70,000 black mixed people in Russia. out of 144,000,000 Russians. There is 1 black person in Russia for every 2,000+ Russians.

Could they be next?

There are 83,000 Jews in Russia. Just a bit more than the black people. They next?

Jehovah's Witnesses have been warning about this since they were banned several years back. And no its not going to stop. It always starts with Jehovah's Witnesses then leads to others. Just look back at history during the early 1930's. The majority of those in the concentration camps, aside from the Jews leading up to WWII were Jehovah's Witnesses.

Here is a good music video depicting what has been going on for years now against Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia:

Video

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Yeah, makes a lot of sense, doesn't it?

Being gay/trans is a death penalty in Palestine, but let Russia outlaw the "movement" and the screams begin. SMFH.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

Thanks for that, I was not aware.

I tried to look up the Jehovah's Witnesses' population in Russia and it's not even listed. It's one of the countries they don't list the numbers for at all.

Didn't know it was that bad. You're right, they could be next if there are any remaining in Russia.

edit on 2-12-2023 by Mahogani because: fingers no good

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Being gay/trans is a death penalty in Palestine, but let Russia outlaw the "movement" and the screams begin. SMFH.

Inversely, people lose their minds here that some of the left supports Palestine, but many of the right lean towards Russia over Ukraine even though Russia is Irans biggest ally.

People get so caught up in two party football they don’t realize they’re scoring on themselves.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I tried to look up the Jehovah's Witnesses' population in Russia and it's not even listed. It's one of they countries they don't list the numbers for at all.

Didn't know it was that bad. You're right, they could be next if there are any remaining in Russia.

When Jehovah's Witnesses are banned in a country and have to go underground nothing is reported about the work that is going on in that country to the public.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser2034

I tried to look up the Jehovah's Witnesses' population in Russia and it's not even listed. It's one of they countries they don't list the numbers for at all.

When Jehovah's Witnesses are banned in a country and have to go underground nothing is reported about the work that is going on in that country to the public.

Well, you know you're safe here in the US. Every religion and every minority can be themselves under our Constitution.

Thanks for bring this to my attention, hope your brothers and sisters over there are safe.

edit on 2-12-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser2034

Well, you know you're safe here in the US. Every religion and every minority can be themselves under our Constitution.

Thanks for bring this to my attention, hope your brothers and sisters over there are safe.

Thank you Mahogani. You are indeed a kind soul. May you and yours be blessed.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Thank you for pointing out the obvious hypocrisy coming from the Jehovah Witness crowd. They will 'shun' (disown) their own children should they choose not to follow their cult religion, yet now stick up for the LGBTQXYZ crowd?

‘Today we accept people of all races, nationalities, and sexual preferences.’

BUT....only if you believe exactly the way their leaders tell you to. Oh; and don't forget to knock on those doors, or you won't be getting 47 virgins...or something like that.

[www.jw.org...]

I can't imagine anything more hypocritical than disowning ones' own family over a differing religious viewpoint while claiming they practice Jesus' message of love tolerance.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Inversely, people lose their minds here that some of the left supports Palestine, but many of the right lean towards Russia over Ukraine even though Russia is Irans biggest ally.

People get so caught up in two party football they don’t realize they’re scoring on themselves.
Because it's all theater, all wars are theater. These countries are not fighting each other, they play us believing that they are to keep us divided and themselves rich , as war is very profitable from what I heard.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't think they should get violent but it's hard to feel sorry for light groups they treat regular people like garbage.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Except it also says in the Bible that the punishment is death if a man lays with another man as he would a woman. And of course, people forget that Jesus also said he came not to abolish the old law, but to uphold it!

Leviticus 20:13
New International Version
“’If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
The link lists the text variation of all versions.

And then hey what did Jesus say about the Old Law??

The Fulfillment of the Law

17Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

19So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

So you see, in the process of telling those listening to His sermon on the mountain about how to enter the kingdom of heaven or whatever, he states clearly he has come to fulfill the Old Law, not abolish it. And the Old Law makes it quite clear, homosexual men are to be put to death. Those are His alleged words, not mine. You can open your nearest bible, and find those words in there.

The Russians are simply following the words of Jesus Christ as he said them.

Edit to add, it could even be interpreted that The Russians are the only ones trying to follow the Bible by keeping the corruption of homosexuality from spreading further.
edit on 12-2-2023 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join