It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you support the call for Israel to offer ceasefire, then you support Hamas.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

You are playing twisty word games. Nobody is impressed by that.

Israel has NOT called for a ceasefire, but they may agree to one with enough world pressure. The world pressure on Israel to cease firing is supporting terrorists.

I kinda think, were it not for the world pressure, Israel would likely wipe Gaza clean and set up oil rigs.
edit on 11/20/2023 by MoreCoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

I kinda think, were it not for the world pressure, Israel would likely wipe Gaza clean and set up oil rigs.

We all know it's a genocidal agenda at play, which is why you need to stop pretending we wouldn't support you terrorists in doing so, unless we press for a ceasefire.

So yeah, you seem to know a fair bit about twisty wordplay as well. Touché.
edit on 20-11-2023 by Insurrectile because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

Doesn't mean Israel started it. Israel has put up with attacks from the Muslims surrounding for my entire lifetime.

I imagine they are pretty fed up. Try living in a place that is constantly getting attacked with random terrorist events. You'd want the wasp nest cleared out too.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Doesn't mean Israel started it. Israel has put up with attacks from the Muslims surrounding for my entire lifetime.

Except that it does mean that. Palestine had to put up with settlers, occupying land and killing innocent people, for my entire lifetime.

I imagine they are pretty fed up. Try living in a place that is constantly getting attacked with random terrorist events. You'd want the wasp nest cleared out too.

That's exactly what other extremists say about Hamas, innit? And round and round we go.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Do you believe this is the right thing to do?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So, we have two populations that are growing ever larger in density. There was a ceasefire, and the world took their eyes off of Israel. Seemed like things were calm. Israel perhaps had been lulled by the seeming end of active hostilities and turned their attention to domestic political problems.

I remember when Egypt and Israel were at war. They are not any longer. Israel is capable of peace with their Muslim neighbors.

Clearly there needs to be a lasting solution. There is a generation of Palestinians that have been educated and indoctrinated into hating the Jews. These children will need to be rehabilitated. They have been victimized by Hamas thru their schools, mosques and training camps. This needs to be addressed as well.

What should happen now in the region, should the world step in to supervise and assist Palestine in becoming an independent state, whether they agree to or not?

Should the world set up a Palestine refugee program to bring whomever doesn't want to stay in the region any longer? Or an Israeli?

Lets get real with what needs to be done to make sure the next ceasefire actual works. Otherwise, they are just doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

So: you go first. Ceasefire on. What next?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No.

But I understand why some in Israel would do it. 20 million Jews fighting to not become extinct surrounded by 2 billion Muslims, many who want them dead?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You have not proposed any solution that stops the Merry-Go-Round.

So, ok, ceasefire, now what?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

But I understand why some in Israel would do it.

Is this all you understand?

It was you that said this:

Israel has NOT called for a ceasefire, but they may agree to one with enough world pressure. The world pressure on Israel to cease firing is supporting terrorists.

World pressure. What's that all about do you think?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

A very strong social media promotion of propaganda. Most likely fed by bots.

Its started nearly immediately.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

A very strong social media promotion of propaganda. Most likely fed by bots.

Its started nearly immediately.

Blame it on the bots?

No, my dear - something much bigger and more powerful than you can understand

Too late in some ways, but better late than never

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yes, there are lots of bots. And they get a script and off they go.

Im not your dear, don't talk down.

You got something you think I wont understand, lets hear it.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I remember when Egypt and Israel were at war. They are not any longer. Israel is capable of peace with their Muslim neighbors.

And herein lies the issue. Nobody will be able to answer your question if you decide to keep looking at Palestinians being neighbors during an ongoing occupation.

Where is the single-state solution with equal rights for everyone if you keep insisting Israel would be a democratic state under siege? We both know it could be. Right? What's the holdup then?
Might it be the same political apartheid system, that is actively censoring Israel's media during the reign of this rightwing unity gubbermint? Hamas and Fatah likely don't have a big future in a real democracy, but the same could be said about Likud as well by now. And that's your construction site, innit? Get to work, and dethrone those old white men already? You've got sacks of money for that, what more do you need?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Ok, that rant went high and wide.

Im giving you an opportunity to paint whatever picture of solution that you want. Here's a box of markers and a whiteboard and a stack of sticky notes.

Lets brainstorm a solution,.

First task. Ceasefire. Ok. Should it be on a sticky note so it can be moved around on the timeline?

You go next: what should a task be? Put it on a sticky note and put it on our imaginary white board.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

Yes, there are lots of bots. And they get a script and off they go.

Im not your dear, don't talk down.

Do you only label them bots if they disagree with you or have you ever spotted any that agree with you?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

I imagine there are bots of all flavors.

Some sites more prone to that kind of activity than others.

Dead internet it's called.

I think the bots are likely arguing with each other at this point.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Oh, Sweetie - you've been talking down to absolutely everyone since I got back

Also - bits bossy and angry don't you think? I'm trying to have a conversation here. You should learn to recognize when someone is just trying to talk to you

So:

The world is begging Israel to stop. Why? I think you do understand, but what you can't seem to concede is that Israel isn't starting from a place of innocence

Is that antisemitic?

There are innocent people being killed. A few posts up you agreed that the Palestinians didn't deserve to be wiped off the earth. I'm happy to hear that

What you don't understand is that the tide has turned. Somewhat. God knows what happens next, but what I will tell you is that Israel just lost the moral high ground - even though they suffered a truly evil loss and suffered it first in this story happening now

I want you to think back to the early years of WWII, when Americans could still pretend that being antisemitic was acceptable. It's no longer acceptable to pretend that the Palestinians are nothing

edit on 11/20/2023 by Spiramirabilis because: First and not first - then first again

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

--MoreCoyoteAngels (bold mine)

World pressure. What's that all about do you think?
--Spiramirabilis

The bias is obvious here.

Admission to supporting ceasefire with terrorists supports terrorists, and yet no attention to following that same logic:

Israel would be terrorist-supporters by calling for a ceasefire with terrorists.
edit on 20-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: added "with terrorists."

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Give me an example of my talking down. Oh, and I'm certainly not your sweetie. That is a misogynistic tactic.

And you don't like me being 'bossy', you'd prefer a submissive kinda gal?

The LEFT is calling for Israel to curl up in a ball and do nothing. I don't believe the WORLD is. Just because one side is prone to acting out and making demands even when they aren't a stakeholder, just to get their rebel on.

Israel started from a place of survival from genocide attempt in Europe. They pretty much have grown from there, but that was their starting place.

And yes, that you don't acknowledge that, could be considered anti-Semetic. Most Holocaust deniers are called that I believe.

Id like it alot if I didn't need to defend myself against your disrespect and attacks. Don't tell me what I don't understand, what I need to think about or anything else.

Who are you to lecture anyone here? when just another bozo on the bus? Now you can feel free to say youve been talked down.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

The bias is obvious here.

It's not nuthin' to say out loud that it's easier to live in a black and white world. But I'll say it anyway. I can only dream of living in a black and white world

This grey morass is exhausting

As an aside - I believe people do actually see all this. But there's the tribalism
edit on 11/20/2023 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join