It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago is so unpleasant migrants are fleeing BACK to Venezuela

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Chitcago isn't even cold yet. Venezuelans have a lot of alpine type mountain areas but those people are mainly German and take care of themselves.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

in my best bad boys II cuban voice

their finding out homeboy gang bangers are just as bad as the cartels or crooked ass govements.
load up and carry your ass back home then.

edit on 13-11-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yes I understand why you’re saying they left and you didn’t answer my question.

If they were truly refugees instead of opportunists, as you say, then why would they go all the way to Europe?

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: VermiIion

Where else are they gonna go?

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Chicago 2004ish…

January… My husband and I took off work to go eat in the city. We were both very used to Midwestern weather.
We ate at a soup place, and had planned on doing light shopping. The weather was so cold, so bitter we said screw it and went back home.

I can’t even imagine people that have never experienced winter dealing with that. It takes about a decade to acclimate to really cold weather. It takes 4 years to acclimate to very hot weather. I’m speaking for myself, but am sure it is similar for others. When I first moved to Florida I couldn’t wear denim, but after 4 years I could.

Also, city life isn’t for everyone. People are fast, rude, fast, angry, fast, intense, fast, and a lot of other things more people can’t deal with. I’ve heard that some of the people are resorting to prostitution to get money. I’m sure there is some human trafficking going on. It’s very sad. They should go home and use their energy to make their home a better place.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
It's so sad that they fell for the lies that brought them up here. Had they come here legally, they could have jobs that pay well and a good life. The trick is they have to come here legally. I honestly feel for them.

I thought they were just happy to be alive and safe, considering they were fleeing horrific oppression, delivered by murderous cut-throat leaders.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They should go to Los Angeles or San Diego. The weather is nicer and they get better care from Newsom.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think you're missing the most important reason for them going back. It's called WINTER. the very vast majority of immigrants are from very warmer countries than the US, especially the Northern US. They want a warm comfortable looked after life and winter has no mercy.

You could be right!

But why are they willing to spend thousands of Dollars to get here in the first place?

Spend thousands yet they are supposedly poor ??

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

but but but ....

🤡klowndemic🤡

City of Chicago inks new $40M agreement with Favorite Healthcare Staffing to staff migrant shelters

Mayor Brandon Johnson’s administration quietly signed a new $40 million agreement this week with Kansas-based Favorite Healthcare Staffing to continue to staff the city’s migrant shelters through October of next year.

The Johnson administration has faced growing criticism over the increasing costs of caring for and sheltering migrants, 19,000 of whom have arrived in Chicago over the past year.

The latest census from the city shows more than 11,000 asylum seekers were staying in the shelters this week with more than 3,000 living at Chicago police stations.

NBC 5 Investigates was first to reveal that Favorite Healthcare Staffing has received at least $56 million over the past year to staff the migrant shelters, city finance records show. The bulk of the criticism, raised by city aldermen and citizens alike, has been over the hourly rates.

🤣🤣

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

and.and.and.

who gets rich again!! 🤣

Chicago Signs $29 Million Contract To Build Tent City ‘Base Camps’ For Migrants

CHICAGO — A company contracted to helped ship migrants from Florida to Democrat-led cities has been hired by Chicago officials to build tent cities for migrants, records show.

City officials signed a $29 million contract with Virginia-based GardaWorld Federal Services and its subsidiary Aegis Defense Services on Sept. 12 for the firm to “provide temporary housing, on an as-needed basis” for asylum seekers, records show.

The contract was signed about a week after Mayor Brandon Johnson said he planned to move migrants from police stations into “winterized base camps.”

There are 2,200 migrants waiting to be transitioned from police stations and Chicago airports to one of the 21 shelters across the city.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

If they are refugees, then technically they are here legally while waiting for years to get to court to prove it. I think they get work permits.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell1
Chitcago isn't even cold yet. Venezuelans have a lot of alpine type mountain areas but those people are mainly German and take care of themselves.

You’re right, it has been very mild so far. It’s really late January/February when your face freezes!

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Its Chicago - what did you expect? Its one of the most crooked democrat strongholds in the country.

The thing I am interested in is that Chicago received millions of dollars, state and federal, for immigrant aid. The money has just disappeared. Local government is not responding to relevant FOIA requests.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Local government is not responding to relevant FOIA requests.

Government people in Chicago think FOIA means free donut shop coupons

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Blaine91555

The thing is they did come legally... the Biden admin pledged to allow Venezuelans to seek asylum in the US.

I wonder how many of them were shoved onto a bus and shipped up there tho instead of being processed properly and scattered around to assimilate quicker.

That temporary protected status just happened at the end of September I think. I'm not sure it's had any impact yet for those who were already here and awaiting hearings.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: Blaine91555
It's so sad that they fell for the lies that brought them up here. Had they come here legally, they could have jobs that pay well and a good life. The trick is they have to come here legally. I honestly feel for them.

I thought they were just happy to be alive and safe, considering they were fleeing horrific oppression, delivered by murderous cut-throat leaders.

The Venezuelans are like the Cubans in that their need is real. That's quite a different thing than many of the millions of others.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What famously also happened in Germany 2015, is that true refugees like Yazidis and LGBT got bunked up with their ISIS tormentors.

Open borders is not "true" refuge.
edit on 16-11-2023 by CaptainHalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHalf

Chicago Migrants were being moved to a big "tent city" where the ground is full of Arsenic, Mercury, and other heavy containments. But the State put that on hold for personal safety reasons.

That neighborhood is OK for American children to play, but not for Migrants.

chicago.suntimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join