It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A harbinger of the coming blue wave, or the fix is in?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Democrat Andy Beshear wins governor race in deep-red Kentucky, a major blow to Republican hopes ahead of 2024

Democrats regain control of Virginia House of Delegates in rebuke to Youngkin

Ohio Passes Issue 1 to Allow Killing Babies in Abortions Up to Birth

This is just a sampling of the last 24 hours. I'm sure the democrats are wringing their hands in glee, and understandably so, they're making inroads into red territory and setting precedent, but is this really what American citizens are voting for, or are we looking at a rerun?

With the recent rash of alleged voter fraud in the country and a fraud case in Connecticut in which the judge called for a new election due to ballot-stuffing by democrats, reports of voting machines flipping votes in several districts in PA, as well as in the Kentucky Governors race. The former being addressed by one Anthony Scott from The Gateway Pundit.

and AP calling it mostly a nothingburger...
Pennsylvania county promises accurate tally after clerical error appears to flip votes for judges

The latter being addressed by RHJ...
Screenshot: Kentucky Had The Same Problem As PA With “Votes Getting Flipped” Early In The Governor’s Race – Here Are The Details
...as well as locals on facebook.

While I still stand by my previous predictions, I expect what we have seen in the past 3 years to pale in comparison to what we are going to see in 2024. Strap yourselves in folks, I think the next year is going to be unprecedented in the history of this country, and that's putting it mildly.

edit on 11/8/2023 by Klassified because: add link

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This election doesn't exist in a vacuum. In every election and special election since Roe was overturned, Dems have been overperforming. Prior to last night, they were overperforming by 12 points on average.

I think Alito said it best in the Dodd ruling: Women are not without electoral or political power.

They are showing just how much power they have.

I warned you guys that when Roe got overturned it was going to spell trouble for the GOP.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

A lot of us warned that abortion could be the Republican party's undoing in upcoming elections. Being pro-choice with caveats puts me in the rare position of agreeing with my liberal counterparts, but Ohio being a (mostly) red state makes this all the more poignant.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I've been concerned about this happening again.
But honestly, I don't know what we can do anymore to prevent it, when even when there is proof, it doesn't really get fixed.

We are screwed.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The GOP decided to make the elections about abortion and their stance was total abortion bans for any reason whatsoever. Which the majority of the electorate are opposed to. Just as they are opposed to the extremist stance taken by the a wing of the DNC which permits abortions of healthy foetuses up to and including the day of delivery.

Having a freedom and a choice trumps having it banned entirely solely on the incessant shrieking of the religious right.

The GOP better come up with a better platform for the next round.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The GOP decided to make the elections about abortion and their stance was total abortion bans for any reason whatsoever. Which the majority of the electorate are opposed to. Just as they are opposed to the extremist stance taken by the a wing of the DNC which permits abortions of healthy foetuses up to and including the day of delivery.

Having a freedom and a choice trumps having it banned entirely solely on the incessant shrieking of the religious right.

The GOP better come up with a better platform for the next round.

It's just getting to the point of eating popcorn and enjoying the show. They can kill their babies as they see their quality of life just go down the drain. I'm having fun watching their self-destruction and then complaining about how they can't afford to live anywhere as all their cities are infected with illegals, homeless druggies, and unstoppable theft and destruction as all the businesses end up leaving.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The fix is in.

I don't think we'll see an honest election again in our lifetime.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

The RNC Chairwoman is a trainwreck brainwashed nut job still running with the abortion stuff. First of all a separation exists between church and state. That includes her church from our state yet she doesnt get that. Since she is going along with the evangelical crowd she needs to wake up but she cant.

I am Catholic by birth but I honor the separation between the church and state. I am also not some religious zeolot. Abortion was decided by the state as a law and reversed by the other crazys men in black. Fools.

These idiots have now paved the path to desctruction as it gave them a bit to chew on and they will til death do us part.

Freaking moron.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Oddly enough, if we put the conspiracies aside for a moment and take the Ohio vote at face value, it would seem the religious leadership is completely out of touch with their congregations and constituents.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It all has to fall apart before they learn.

And even then, the commies will still blame everyone else for what they did.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm old enough to remember the last blue wave that was predicted by recent past election cycles; and that was followed by a red wave predicted by recent past election cycles.

What's the trend? The US is divided down the middle which means high turn over on political parties is to be expected.

Youngkin's victory was supposed to spell doom for the Democrat party; now the narrow flip of the Virginia house is supposed to spell doom for the Republicans?

edit on 8-11-2023 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

link   

The right is leaning too much into culture war territory, and they’re doing so in unpopular ways.

People vote differently for their state vs national elections as it will have a different kind of impact.

I know in VA Youngkin was hoping to gain the legislative branch to implement a string of new laws including restrictions on abortion (15 week ban which I find reasonable). But some see that as a stepping stone, and Virginia is often a purple state at a national level and blue at a state level.

The best bet for the right is to focus on economy and foreign policy. They could outperform if they offered sensible solutions to inflation, poor growth, and sensible foreign policy footing.

But their focus, and celebrations of success seem to be on the wedge issues where they don’t have a lot of support.

So the right can refuse introspection, and imply rigged elections… and they’ll just continue to lose at least at a state level. Or they can shift their focus, which doesn’t even mean changing their overall platform. Up to them, my money is on they’ll continue to run bad campaigns and lose at a state level. They’re out of touch at the moment, which is different than 2016.

link   

This pope is out of touch and is part to blame for the ongoing destruction of the world. He loves unmitigated migration.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

People don't normally vote against their own self-interests.

Unless it's an election in North Korea, the old Soviet Union, or in America.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The fix is in.

I have to agree, and I think 2024 is going to open some American eyes to things they never wanted to see.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

People don't normally vote against their own self-interests.

Unless it's an election in North Korea, the old Soviet Union, or in America.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.” - Friedrich Nietzsche.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I mean, let's be honest with ourselves....

Ever since Roe, even somewhat before then, the Republicans have been backing the most archaic, nonsensical, out of touch BS that anyone can possibly imagine.

This is surprising to absolutely nobody.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The fix is in.

If that’s the case, 2024 is going to be the tipping point.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
I mean, let's be honest with ourselves....

Ever since Roe, even somewhat before then, the Republicans have been backing the most archaic, nonsensical, out of touch BS that anyone can possibly imagine.

This is surprising to absolutely nobody.

Other than abortion, what are you speaking of?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join