It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm baaaaaack!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Back from the dead, or perhaps it's ATS that is dead. I know moderators are held in high esteem here, but frankly, some have been over-zealous and I'm not sorry to see some of those bottom-dwellers gone. House-cleaning is not always a bad thing. On the other hand, some members are obviously overjoyed that they have free reign, with obvious consequences. Kind of like real life. We're all put out when a cop gives us a ticket for 4 miles over, but then wonder where the cops are when we need one. What is really disappointing is literally decades of history eliminated in a second. Nobody, including ATS, owes me anything, but it still kind of sucks. It has been a daily ritual, but under the circumstances, I'm not sure it can realistically continue.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler2
Has the site been perhaps sold, does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It's all still there as far as I know.

You are still you in the past just not able to add to the legacy in that same form as it were.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

OMG, this truly is historic, something you and I can agree on

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Your dog avatar always gave me the creeps, good thing I'm mostly on mobile so i dont have to see that...

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It’s good to see you back, now we can talk more about the Jag XK-E from Harold and Maude!

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Triple333

It’s good to see you back, now we can talk more about the Jag XK-E from Harold and Maude!

Wound up on its back on the beach, as I recall.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

THOSE DAMNED MODS

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Lol, there is always more to the story!

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   

& clearly you are still a self-righteous and whiny little twit. Thanks for the introduction thread from a former librarian, ATS quitter & has-been who finally decided to come back now that it’s a dumpster fire

edit on 25-10-2023 by FamCore2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   
That's not very nice is it.

What a mean thing to say.

a reply to: FamCore2

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The analogy about cops giving tickets for 4 MPH over the speed limit but then what about when you really need them was deep. Also the decades of history eliminated in a second, that one is the real bummer. Anyway welcome back why’d it take you so long

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

We are all the dead walking. Welcome back.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Welcome back, regretfully, ATS is not the same before the banning from original accounts.

It could the intended result, but is not the same, at all.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore2

& clearly you are still a self-righteous and whiny little twit. Thanks for the introduction thread from a former librarian, ATS quitter & has-been who finally decided to come back now that it’s a dumpster fire

You're delusional. I've been on ATS daily for decades so your comments makes no sense. I never quit ATS. It quit me, just like it did everyone else. You are the dumpster file everyone else is complaining about. If the mods were still here, you would not survive.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The analogy about cops giving tickets for 4 MPH over the speed limit but then what about when you really need them was deep. Also the decades of history eliminated in a second, that one is the real bummer. Anyway welcome back why’d it take you so long

I was "gone" about a week, which I spent on Amtrak, not something I would wish for anyone.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I am also a former librarian.. not books though.

new topics

top topics

join