It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to add an Avatar - Background to your profile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   
For everyone who has had to make a new account and you're lost about how to add an avatar, then here's my simple tips and tutorial on how to do it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You may still be able to download your old avatar by visiting your old account posts.

Shout if you need help with that.

ETA: if you need the famous transparent gif spacer, Triple333 posted it here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The spacer gif is used in place of your avatar and the image you want to display will be your mini-profile background.

Note to Mods: posting in GC for max exposure. Please delete once the old ATS is back... hopefully.

edit on 20-10-2023 by Encia222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia222

Or just upload a thumbnail sized picture using the upload feature, then right click, copy and paste the address into your avatar section (desktop or mobile) on your account page, they hit the submit button.

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Thanks for this

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Thank your for this info

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

This might help too

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Triple333

Yep

Same method, but clearer than my instructions.

If you used a transparent spacer in your old profile, you won't be able to save the old avatar... it's not clickable.

In this case, find an old looonng post where the avatar repeats, long screenshot it and then it's a case of cutting and stitching together different parts to reconstruct the original image.

I can help with that for those in difficulty.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Thank you for this wonderful help. Click to the left below this and save this transparent image and put it in your profile above instructions!

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

How do you Change the TEXT Color in your Avatar ? That Option seems to be Missing on the Profile Page .

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti

Sorry Zanti, I missed your post.

Here's how to change the colour of the text in the mini profile...

Go to your account settings (down arrow in the top menu --> Account). At the bottom of the page you should see the following:

In the field I highlighted you need to enter a HEX value for the colour you want. Unfortunately, ATS doesn't have a built in colour picker, so here's a simple one to use--> htmlcolorcodes.com...

Once you're happy with the colour choice, copy the HEX #****** value and paste it into the abovementioned field.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia222

Go to your account settings (down arrow in the top menu --> Account). At the bottom of the page you should see the following:

In the field I highlighted you need to enter a HEX value for the colour you want. Unfortunately, ATS doesn't have a built in colour picker, so here's a simple one to use--> htmlcolorcodes.com...

Once you're happy with the colour choice, copy the HEX #****** value and paste it into the abovementioned field.

Thanks a Bunch Man , I Bookmarked that Site to ...

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia222

Now How do I Change the Color of the Present Light Black Background around my Avatar Picture ?

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ok, the field above the text colour is the background colour. So, same procedure as before.

However, if you would like the avatar to fill the whole area then you need to do a few extra steps.

1.Download and add to your library the transparent gif in Triple333's post above.

2. Crop and resize your avatar so that it is exactly 190px wide, the height will vary to keep the proportions the same. I found a better quality image here... junkyard.blog...

3. Go to my other thread in my OP and follow the instructions there.

Basically, you want to use the transparent gif in the position of avatar and the thingy image as the profile background. That way, it should fill the area horizontally and you wont have lateral gullies. For the areas above and below, you can choose whatever background colour you like, as I described earlier.

Let me know if you need help with resizing or if you have another background you would prefer around your creature that isn't a solid colour.

Hope all that makes sense. Btw, I'm without a PC until tomorrow, so give me a day if I have to do anything else.

edit on 24-10-2023 by Encia222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Great tips - thank you!

I'm a long time member who hadn't logged on in some time and forgot my password so ended up creating a new account. I had forgotten all about the Avatar Olympics that one had to navigate through in order to make it work.

On behalf of myself and my alter ego, Riffrafter - it is much appreciated.

top topics

join