It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The evils of the new 'Online Safety Bill'.. Are you ready for TOTAL censorship in the UK?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: quintessentone
"I rather think that the people affected were somewhat outraged and maybe that would be a reason why government might want to intervene...no?"

So because one company was creating potential election interferance/misinfo-everyone in the UK must be put under 24/7 digital surveillance and blanket banned from certain websites?

I am not seeing the logic.

The only 24/7 surveillance would be by the site owners/programmers/algorithms following their policies and TOCs, of which the government expects them to follow the laws. If they don't then government has every right to intervene and hold those that are negligible accountable - so people and especially children are not harmed.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I don't need to get back to you === it's all been explained more than once, you just need to wrap your head around the complete picture...........

Can i suggest some reading material ....

Oxfords English dictionery
Rogets Thesaurus
Rogers Profanisaurus

(emoji for complete exasperation and defeat for trying to explain something to someone who isn't reading the words and understanding what those words, in that order, mean......)
edit on 3-10-2023 by MCurns because: stuff

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MCurns

I don't need to get back to you === it's all been explained more than once, you just need to wrap your head around the complete picture...........

Can i suggest some reading material ....

Oxfords English dictionery
Rogets Thesaurus
Rogers Profansaurus

(emoji for complete exasperation and defeat for trying to explain something to someone who isn't reading the words and understanding what those words, in that order, mean......)

And can I suggest don't worry until there is something to worry about.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MCurns

Will people in the UK be able to post their outrage over this new law on line?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

I talked about this last year on here and nobody had a clue this was coming, just like the smoking ban in 2030 , Just this last week a lot of sites online are getting EXTREMELY hard to access and it is not just me noticing no amount of vpn s or Tor will work for us .

I had a fake book account years ago that I used very rarely long before the Cambridge analytica scandal , I put up a news story about FB targeting kids with doomy ads etc and watching how they react to them , that stayed up many months to my shock ,Until I posted a news story about all the cool kids heading to Antarctica, I instantly got a message from a very famous person telling me to take it down , which I did not know how to and it was late so I just logged out and thought nothing of it .

I got a permanent ban for it
I am like you my time on the planet is short due to health conditions and dementia has slowed my old brain down to a crawl these days and a stroke in April this year confirmed my mantra of enjoy everyday like it's the last .

But I will not go quietly into the night

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

f*ck knows. but come the next plandemic the likes of Dr John Campbell won't be available for comment......

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: MCurns

Will people in the UK be able to post their outrage over this new law on line?

A picture can say a thousand words DB

And that's all I got to say on that

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Your bigger implications may never manifest, so worrying without cause or fearmongering comes to mind.

Yea, you're right. I shouldn't be concerned if I'm being watched. I'm not doing anything I shouldn't be doing, right? After all, privacy isn't some God-given right, is it? The govt is doing this in the best interests of the people, and the information they gather would never be used to target journalists, activists, or 'dissenters' would it?

The house is on fire. Turn up the music so we don't have to listen to the smoke alarms.
edit on 3-10-2023 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
If someone doesn't like their social platform's TOS or censoring algorithms, which probably use empirical scientific evidence and not opinion or conspiracy theories, then go somewhere else.

I agree, the jewish people were warned not to stay where they grew up, had friends and connections.
If they had listened properly, they could have gone somwhere less kill-y, right?
Right?
/End sarcasm

Careful. You may want to be less obvious, because your lot hasn't won yet and one day your opinion will be made illegal, by the very rules you so adore. Even though I will fight for your freedom to say what you feel.
Can't happen to you.?.😆🙄🤦🏻‍♀️

Be careful what you wish for. Billions of people throughout history could teach you a thing or two.
And it is usually quick.
Thanks to useful idiots who think they are untouchable.
Wisdom comes with age and historic knowledge, not fuzzy furry, woke ideas with pink hair.

Those are always the first to go once they've done their jobs.
I also learned that from my parents in Germany who lived through Ww2 to friends in E Germany and other places that had to suffer from despots and a tyrannical system.

I can smell a fascist idea from miles away. Even if it is dressed woke.

edit on 3-10-2023 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Now that we know just how easily republicans ALL OVER the unites states have easily been bought with a little money, don’t think for ONE SECOND that by next year’s election, they won’t make sure to add a law to the books like this as well. Mark my words, given how difficult the cheat will be this go round I promise that before the election, we will have a rule that says some Biden appointed group has the right to fact check us and erase what they don’t agree with or who knows, arrest us!

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

As I alluded too before go read back to the ops original post, it's right there....

Knowingly distributing seriously harmful misinformation

It's Ofcom who will have the authority to decide what is 'misinformation', and lord knows who will poke them into action. WEF? Government? Somebody blackmailing an ofcom official?

This wording is far too loose for it to be considered just about 'saving the kids from evil', or any individual argument you might have. This IS the bigger picture i think you are having difficulty getting a grip of.

For all of Brands faults, his work of clearing the muddy waters to explain what is really happening in the world is a valuable contribution to humanity.

If you don't see that, i reckon you've 'taken a penny from someone' to keep arguing like you are.......

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The day , when/if ATS is deleted , at least we're proven right. Off course then we can't talk about it anywhere online as truthspeak will be blocked, as well as any free speech off course. I'm trying to remain optimistic, but it gets damn hard.

The people in NK have no free/truth speak platform anywhere, only government approved old 'internet' (just NK sites).
Heavily censored , and heavily restricted. These poor people can't even decide on their own hair style (there's government approved hair styles for men/women!) .

If things don't stop spreading as they have globally, I fear in the future, we end up similar to NK. After all, what nation has ever tried to free the people of NK? That's right, they haven't because they want this globally.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I was thinking about this thread when I was out with the dog for a walk , and the ways to circumvent it

One way maybe reverse speak, take the shot it is safe and effective =

But as always find a way round something and all they do is click their fingers and it is banned instantly .

*#06# , gives you the IMEI number of a cell /mobile device , that is how they track you no matter how many times you swap sim cards .

Having the know how to reprogramme a device to show 000000 or cloning as it was called and using a easy to obtain foreign card , suprising what you can find on ebay or amazon .

Give it a week and there will be a work around for this law

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure where anyone ever got the idea that the Internet is a right.

Anyone who's ever gotten 'banned' from a site due to fruitcakery by a sh!tty Moderator knows that there really isn't a Right to be on a website or web forum.

None of these people have any kind of legitimacy or qualifications.

I was made a Moderator once because I was good at flagging SPAM. That was it. That was the only reason why. And I was even banned from the site for about 6 months five years before that.

If Internet communication is a right, we need much better people Moderating these websites.

And we need to get rid of Hackers and Cyberstalkers.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The internet has been dying for years now. No longer the wild west of information and ideas. It will be finally turned into a shopping channel, an authorised media conduit and little more. I am in the UK and this is a historically bad moment for us all.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't know how anyone who is a regular contributor/visitor to ATS can be supportive of such legislation.

Not good.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I don't know how anyone who is a regular contributor/visitor to ATS can be supportive of such legislation.

Not good.

I'll ask you, old sir, (
)

Would this law prohibit you or anyone else from criticizing your government?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Nothing will ever stop me from criticising my government if and when I want to.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Nothing will ever stop me from criticising my government if and when I want to.

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

May I refer the Honourable Gentleman to my reply on the other thread?

"How's this?

Rishi Sunak is a terrible Prime Minister, Priti Patel is a disgrace, Suella Braverman isan even bigger disgrace, Rees Mogg is a walking anachronism and I criticise the whole Tory Government unreservedly.

Scum, scum, scum..

So. Let's see how that goes, eh?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join