It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is nobody talking about Donald Trump buying a Glock yesterday?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

(n)It shall be unlawful for any person who is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce any firearm or ammunition or receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

got paper work where he went through a back ground check first. no legit gun store is going to sale a pistolwith out one, even.... hell especially if it's a former president with out doing a back ground check. and as it's been pointed out a licensed dealer is going to know about the under indictment question and there's no way that if they are living in the U.S. their not going to know trump is under a bunch of em.

damn how ignorant are the we got him this time folks?

edit on 26-9-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

That's not a link

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Interesting. It does have a mention of indictment. I stand corrected. However I do believe the BATF pulled an illegal act with it.

By law, federal agencies such as ATF must consult the public when creating, modifying, or deleting rules in the Code of Federal Regulations. This is an annual publication that lists the official and complete text of federal agency regulations. Once ATF decides that a regulation needs to be added, changed, or deleted, it typically publishes a proposed rule in the Federal Register to ask the public for comments. After ATF considers public feedback and makes changes where appropriate, we then publish a final rule in the Federal Register with a specific date for when the rule will become effective and enforceable. When ATF issues a final rule for comment, we must describe and respond to the public comments we received.
link My family is pretty on top of gun rights issues and this is a new to me as well. I have seen so many of those forms it's actually sickening, but that indictment angle is new. And I don't recall it being put up to the public. So if we want to get technical it's not a law but a regulation. So you lefties win but lose at the same time. If that's your defense for Hunter guess who else it applies to?

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saloon

Just like the law is clear that someone with substance abuse problems cannot purchase a gun, it is also clear the someone under felony indictment cannot purchase a gun.

Can you please provide a link.

Embarrassing none of you seem to understand the two week waiting period.

Just weeeooow Trump bought a gun! Like some high school rumor.

Pretty sure this whole group of mopes is actually high school kids. It all makes sense now.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It's been the law since the Firearms Owners' Protection Act of 1986.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

Trump's spokesperson stated he bought the gun. MTG and her boyfriend, who were there, said he bought the gun. It's hardly a rumor. The question now is did Trump commit a felony or did they lie in an attempt to score points with gun owners?

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the link

If he answered the question truthfully unlike Hunter?

Two week waiting period he hasn't taken possession.

Even if he paid for it he hasn't taken possession and will be denied
RECEIVING the firarm.

But Trumps entourage runs off at the mouth saying he bought a gun.

Nothing to see here

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Indictment is covered on the federal firearm purchase form though, he is correct, that would be illegal for him to do

From the form "Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could imprison you for more
than one year, or are you a current member of the military who has been charged with violation(s) of the Uniform Code of Military
Justice and whose charge(s) have been referred to a general court-martial?"

I call BS. I sold fire-arms and that is not what is on the form! I looked up the form and you are talking out your rear! Must be why you didn't post a link. As for the rest of you claiming this... PUT UP A LINK WITH IT OR SHUT-UP! I looked at the BATF form and it's showing a bunch of liars or just plain ignorance!

Question 11.b on form 4473 does ask “Are you under indictment in any court for a felony”

If Trump did attempt to purchase the gun, he should have answered yes to that question.

I have a feeling that this is a PR stunt and Trump didn’t really attempt to buy it.

I have purchased several guns from Palmetto State Armory online, they are a straight up company to deal with.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Illegal sales don't count there bud. And if you truly believe its not on there you should not be selling guns to anyone since you can't read a simple form.

www.google.com... lient=ms-android-att-us-rvc3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Click on the first result labeled "firearms transaction record"

Here is a link to the form on the ATF website. Take a look at question 20 c
edit on 26-9-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

south carolina has no waiting period for a fire arm purchases not even handguns ,and if memory serves he has a CCW permit which in states like SC allow you to bypass the background check portion

www.findlaw.com...

Waiting Period There is no waiting period to purchase a gun in South Carolina.
so that aspect is covered ,what do the rest of the laws say on state (not federal mind you) requirements to purchase?

It is illegal to possess a handgun if a person: Has been convicted of a crime of violence Is a fugitive from justice Is habitually drunk Is a drug addict Has been adjudicated mentally incompetent Is a member of a subversive organization Is under the age of eighteen Has been adjudged unfit to carry or possess a firearm by a court It is unlawful to possess ammunition or any firearm if a person: Has been convicted of a violent crime that is classified as a felony offense
so state wise hes probably ok

my.concealedcoalition.com... now i do not know what state issued his ccw but if it has reciprocity with sc he would not legally need a background check an thus in theory not have to lie on a form

Exceptions There’s an exception to the federal background check requirement in South Carolina for those who hold a concealed carry permit in the state. Anyone who goes through the necessary training and pays for the license can skip the background check when purchasing a gun. Keep in mind that the license expires every five years, so renewal is necessary. Your background check shouldn’t be overly stressful unless you have something on your record that prohibits you from owning a firearm in the United States. The NICS is available 17 hours per day, seven days a week, making it a highly efficient background check system.

if its from florida yes they honor it concealedcoalition.com...

if its a NY permit it does not www.usconcealedcarry.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: hangedman13

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Indictment is covered on the federal firearm purchase form though, he is correct, that would be illegal for him to do

From the form "Are you under indictment or information in any court for a felony, or any other crime for which the judge could imprison you for more
than one year, or are you a current member of the military who has been charged with violation(s) of the Uniform Code of Military
Justice and whose charge(s) have been referred to a general court-martial?"

I call BS. I sold fire-arms and that is not what is on the form! I looked up the form and you are talking out your rear! Must be why you didn't post a link. As for the rest of you claiming this... PUT UP A LINK WITH IT OR SHUT-UP! I looked at the BATF form and it's showing a bunch of liars or just plain ignorance!

Question 11.b on form 4473 does ask “Are you under indictment in any court for a felony”

If Trump did attempt to purchase the gun, he should have answered yes to that question.

I have a feeling that this is a PR stunt and Trump didn’t really attempt to buy it.

I have purchased several guns from Palmetto State Armory online, they are a straight up company to deal with.

(n)It shall be unlawful for any person who is under indictment for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year toship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce any firearm or ammunitionor receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

So, we need to see another law barring his purchase if he's not receiving it or transporting it.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I'm aware it happened- someone else sent me a video of it happening.

To them, I said... who gives a #?

to you, I say... nobody gives a #, that's why

he can buy what he wants, that's just how it works

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

The only Glock factory in the US is located in Georgia. So to get to South Carolina the gun would've needed to be transported across state lines.
edit on 26-9-2023 by Threadbare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The only way President Trump could purchase a firearm in SC is that he is an SC resident for a year or more or he is currently in the military. PSA certainly would have looked at every angle to legally have him purchase a hand gun, because I don't believe he is currently a SC citizen. If he is in the military as still the Commander In Chief, then the indictments wouldn't count against him, only if he is to be court martialed in a military tribune (I think that's what it says). President Trump may have shown us his hand...

IIRC, Glocks are built in the US specifically in Georgia and some are still imported, I think. $830.00 isn't uncommon for a customized Glock, they're usually priced higher. They are popular among law enforcement for being light weight and with all the gear a LEO has to carry now-a-days every little bit helps with weight reduction.

I was an FFL holder for 10 years and I had a gun repair shop for that long, too.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I believe that proof of firearms training is required also.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

18 U.S. Code § 922 - Unlawful acts

Thanks for posting that, I guess I should have.

I just assumed everyone was aware of that after posting it over and over and over regarding the charges on Hunter Biden. And over and over and over. And over.

Flip flopping must feel good, there's so much of it going on.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuffx2
Not currently in South Carolina, you do have to pass a background check that is done by the FBI. The seller calls an 800 number and talks to a clerk, gives the pertinent information about the buyer and receives a yes or a no.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Not every state has 2 week waiting. Your welcome.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join