It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met police request support from army after officers down firearms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

I agree with you but there is a possibility from the perspective of the driver.
He could have preceived the police as bing racial profiling him and therefore overreacted.

The driver possibly racially profiled the officers.
edit on 26-9-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

That's quite a stretch.

Youtube has tons of videos of police encounters. Often, no matter how drunk and dangerous and disorderly a person is behaving, they are ALL being racially profiled, ALL know their rights and ALL are going to sue the cops. The cops show the patience of saints. If it were me, I'd slap them into the middle of next week, just to get them to stop their crazy rants.

It's the MEDIA has created this with all the false outrage over dead junkies that OD during a police encounter after fighting 2 cops until a 3rd arrives.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   

How is it a stretch when the driver had acted in a way that the media has told him to act all his life?

They are out to get me so I must run attitude towars police. Exactly as you stated. The police, for the most part, control their anger with a suspect that is fighting back very well. There are some very bad exceptions though. This shooting is not one of those exceptions in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2

I agree with you but there is a possibility from the perspective of the driver.
He could have preceived the police as bing racial profiling him and therefore overreacted.

The driver possibly racially profiled the officers.

sorry but that comes across as a bit of overreach unless you are thinking this is about african Americans and US cops.. here the profiling is somewhat different, until recently the met would beat/enact mock executions on roman catholics, roman catholics and more recently muslims being the main threats, under that the force is far more misogynistic hence the number of officers caught up in sexual misconduct allegations..

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

which media? the bbc, itv or c4? or the red tops?

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yes, I see the point you are saying. But it isn't the officers fault.

Ironically, the perps acting the worst are women. It's like the men know more about FAFO. I've never seen women act so crazy in my life. All entitled, all acting their worst.

I did watch one video, where a drunk young woman was super cooperative, remorseful and it almost seemed like the cop was comforting her on the drive to the jail. He was soooo sympathetic and kind. I even thought at one point, he may have called her for a date when she sobered up and was released. He was that easy on her. But she was COOPERATIVE.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

there is one simple lesson to be learned here. don't want to increase your chances of being shot dead, don't run from cops when your are being stopped, and don't go ramming police cars. there are laws and rules in civilized society. if your not doing or done anything illegal don't ram police cars and especially if the cops are armed.

now if he they would have let him keep on running and he run over a kid and their mother, the cops would have caught all kinds of hell from people saying, that they had him pinned in in a road block why didn't they shoot him when he started ramming their cars to get away they knew then he was dangerous.

chances are very high he was the one they were looking for, seeing how he has been in prison once before for the very similar crime.

from your link

At the time, Mr Kaba had only recently been released from a four-year term in a young offender institution for possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence. The conviction dated to an incident in Butchers Road, Canning Town, at 3.25am on December 30, 2017.

and he had a restraining order against him for domestic violence,

again from your link.

” By April 13 this year, freed Mr Kaba was served by police with a 28-day domestic violence protection order relating to Ms Waite, the mother of his unborn girl. The notice granted at Westminster magistrates’ court barred him from contacting her on social media or entering her street in Battersea.

violent thugs hardly ever change, they just find ways to hide it until something worse happens.

edit on 26-9-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

The cops in the US aren't racially profiling either. Where do you get this? Oh yeah, the leftist, lying media.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I am speaking of social media and media in general. You might not get the same thing in the UK as we do in the USA but the news and entertainment is very biased for years. I see people acting, at least in part, by how they think they should act from what they have seen on TV and the internet. Not necessarily racially but socially in general.

edit on 26-9-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

there is one simple lesson to be learned here. don't want to increase your chances of being shot dead, don't run from cops when your are being stopped, and don't go ramming police cars.

There wont be any soldiers on squad duty if that was the case, but I'm the one visualizing general strikes for years. Sorry, not sorry. My bad?
Different lessons for different people.

(post by Insurrectile removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

If they were correctly diagnosed: sociopaths, maybe they wouldn't be seen as a particular flavor.

Where do people think the apex of Cluster B personality disorder are? THey aren't all in the corporate boardrooms or famous actors. Thats an economic distinction only.

Why do some psychologists choose not to even bother trying to treat Cluster B? Perhaps because they are not treatable?

And they will rob, rape, murder, on a self-serving whim.

In this light, how do the cops look?

(post by Insurrectile removed for a manners violation)
(post by CoyoteAngels removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by Insurrectile removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2

I am speaking of social media and media in general. You might not get the same thing in the UK as we do in the USA but the news and entertainment is very biased for years. I see people acting, at least in part, by how they think they should act from what they have seen on TV and the internet. Not necessarily racially but socially in general.

I agree but much still doesn't transpose between our cultures in terms of how people experience living life especially if we are talking of the importance of feelz, take me in us terms i range from being seen as libertarian through to communist and across to nazism, but i hold fairly normal views that reflect the majority of the country that are economically liberal and socially conservative.. in that world green is bonkers, women don't have willies, migration is wrong and the Westminster is filled with cowards..

i've come to the conclusion the main issue britain does have is the chattering class thinks they are a better kind of american, they've taken kipling's white mans burden which was directed towards america/Philippines to heart as though they can fix america.

when you look at the cultural divide it all becomes very cultish and perverse on either side of the pond..

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile
a reply to: SprocketUK

And who's going to get the blame for that? The racist cop, a racists system of policing

So, shooting someone who is attacking the police with their car is racist now?

Sheesh...

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

all countries police profile according to current issues they face, even to the blind know the us has racial issues the uk on the other hand has religions issues, be it roman catholic or more recently islam while the french have other issues am sure some holiday destination in the med only have drunken brit issues so profile the british accordingly.

my particular point is no matter the media our issues simply don't transpose onto each other.. english culture is far more feminist than the continents thus its not surprising to see a hero of mine sharon davies back a plan to door step every hopeful candidate in the next election and publish each ones stance on the question "what is a woman". the aim is to filter out those who think women have willies, i'm not even sure how that could transpose to the us or have any weight without being branded far right.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Or play stupid games and win stupid prizes. This is a perfect example of that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join