It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigator working for Fulton County DA Fani Willis accidentally shot herself at courthouse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Today in stupid and incompetent....

"The shooting was an accidental discharge by a Fulton County District Attorney’s Office investigator who wounded herself. She was not critically wounded," the sheriff's office wrote on X.

Link

These are the people who want you in jail.

These are the people who want you disarmed.

These are the people who will loose an F-35 and tell you to not own automatic weapons or suppressors.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yup.

Incompetence, it's a huge trend that's been going on for the last few years.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

We should just let Liberals have everything for about a month. Then they'll cancel each other out and shoot themselves and they'll be out of our hair for good.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Not a lot of meat on the bone with the article, but one can assume she had the firearm holstered on her hip, full cocked…in a courthouse. Perhaps she didn’t have a safety, that’s fine, but was the trigger semi exposed in a after market holster that was a poor fit?

Man, if you’re going to carry a firearm in public, some basic safety should be expected. If you’re that inexperienced, or feeling less than on top of it, maybe don’t chamber a round?

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

FYI. Accidental firearm discharges can happen to anyone. Not just Democrats.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There's a meme for this:

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

FYI. Accidental firearm discharges can happen to anyone. Not just Democrats.

Kind of like stupidity then.....

I see your point.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It's cute the public was assured the woman was non-critically injured & breathing. They forgot to add Mortified Beyond Belief. As much fun can be had over this accident it'd be better for those pro-gun to aggressively and LOUDLY advocate for Gun Safety Training.

I'm 100% pro-gun despite not understanding the need to have a AK47 fully automatic to hunt squirrels.
But I support your right anyway.

This current incident is handing the pro-gun lobby a gift! Dollars to donuts this woman probably didn't take the course, or it was so long ago it'd be embarrassing. Seriously! To waste this opportunity to go full bore on promoting Gun Safety Classes just hands the Libertards the ability to reframe the gun issue back to "Guns Bad".

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Not really.

Pro 2nd amendment advocates largely support safety and training. What we don't want it as is a barrier to exercising your 2nd amendment.

Yet, training starting young, in schools is somehow taboo while also being directed from the state is probably as close as you're going to get on an agreement.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I had to check the calendar... nope, it isn't April 1st! This really gave me a laugh. Didn't Barnie Fife do this and that's why Andy only gave him one bullet that he had to keep in his shirt pocket? It could have been worse though. Fani could have been hit in the fanny.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I've been on ATS too long.
Before I posted a reply it occurred to me mandating gun safety is just another way for the Govt to gather info on who has guns & what kind.

That it'd be used to restrict ownership completely zipped past me.
So embarrassing!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm curious how the Secret Service feels about this.

The DA's staff has just proven the Fulton County Courthouse to be a less than safe environment, at least when they are around.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Leave the gun Take the cannoli

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Today in stupid and incompetent....

These are the people who want you in jail.

These are the people who want you disarmed.

These are the people who will loose an F-35 and tell you to not own automatic weapons or suppressors.

How completely and utterly absurd. This person is a fairly low-level civil servant working for the Fulton County DA. What does she do? Investigates crimes like murder, rape, drug dealing, child molesting, domestic violence, etc. Why does she carry? To protect herself from the aforementioned criminal element. Did she screw up? Oh, yeah. Any "accidental discharge" is a screw up, whether it is a cop or a homeowner.

But there is no evidence that she wants you in jail. There is no evidence that she wants to disarm you. And she certainly has nothing at all to do with losing an F-35. You know nothing about her, yet you make this giant leap of judgment that she is somehow responsible for all the things you don't like.

That is simply laughable. It reflects on credibility and cannot be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   

'm 100% pro-gun despite not understanding the need to have a AK47 fully automatic

You must not be in the US , then.
There are only a very small amount of the US population that can own one.
Mainly , criminals .

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   

edit on 25-9-2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:03 PM
link   
For the record, there is no such thing as an accidental discharge of a firearm. The correct term is negligent discharge. Which this definitely was, negligence that is, that could have easily been lethal and put those in the vicinity at risk.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Please understand, there may be tactical assault squirrels out there.
Sarcasm.
Very difficult to own a full auto firearm.
And firearms are not just for hunting.

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Leave the F35 out of this man.
It did its job in this instance.

edit on 25-9-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join